Gym and fitness (17 Viewers)

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
:D

Here's my routine now tell me what you think!

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Biceps/Triceps
Day 3: Back
Day 4: Shoulders and legs
Day 5: Core/Whole Body

I do interval cardio for 20 minutes after every workout.

Carb up before workouts and protein all the way.

what you think
please discuss

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That's too much for an amateur. You don't really need more than 3,4 weight lifting workouts per week. But if you're set to workout 5 times a week, do weights Mon/Wed/Fri and cardio sessions on Tue/Thu.

Also you don't need an arms day, you're not a pro. You're working both biceps and triceps with your back and chest workout. Do the usual 3 day split; Chest + biceps, Back + triceps and Legs + Shoulders.

Or best of all do a upper/lower routine. Mon=upper, Tue=lower, Thur=upper, Fri=lower. That way you'll utilize all your muscle groups two times a week which is something a beginner should do for the first year.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
You're right in the amount of days thing, but I organized them as you said before and I achieved a little.
I used to train a muscle over the other, so I came up with that plan.

Till now I'm in day 4 and it's working well.

_Ivan_

Jan 21, 2011
:D

Here's my routine now tell me what you think!

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Biceps/Triceps
Day 3: Back
Day 4: Shoulders and legs
Day 5: Core/Whole Body

I do interval cardio for 20 minutes after every workout.

Carb up before workouts and protein all the way.

what you think
please discuss
can u tell me which supplements you take ( brands )?

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I do work out 4 days a week, each workout around 1.5-2 hours. I like to try in shape as possible as I can, I still have to work on my bad eating habits :frown:
Mondays & Fridays: chest, triceps, abs, and cardio
Wednesday & Saturdays: back, shoulders, biceps, bike, and legs

I usually do 4 sets of each excercise, is it too much? or 3 sets of each is enough?

I have two goals I am trying to reach: 100 lb dumbbells incline bench press and 200 lb bench press bar.
Since last week I started doing 70 dumbbells incline bench press (4 sets, 6 reps), and 185 bench press bar (4 sets, 5 reps). Is one month is good enough? or should I give myself more time? What do the experts around here think?

P.S I don't take any protein shake or other supplements. I depend mainly on my 4-5 meals aday with all the protein intake. Am I doing a mistake by not taking shakes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)