back +chest- Tue,Sat
arms,shoulders,abs-wed,Sat

Full body moves-Fri + Sun
throw in some pull-ups,press-ups and bycicle crunches Tue,Fri,Sun

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Ok, this the program I'm going to use. What do you guys think?

Day one: Chest and back:

A1. Bench Press 5 5 201 0
A2. DB Flyes 5 5 602 60 seconds
B1. Incline Bench Press 5 5 201 0
B2. Incline DB Flyes 5 5 602 60 seconds
C1. Pullups 5 5 201 0
C2. DB Rows 5 5 602 60 seconds
D1. Barbell Rows 5 5 201 0
D2. Pullovers 5 5 602 60 seconds

Day two: Legs/abs/biceps

Barbell Squat/Deadlifts: 10 sets of 10 reps. 90 seconds rest.
Lying Leg Curl/Leg extensons: 10 sets of 10 reps. 90 seconds rest.
Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps. 60seconds rest.
Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps. 60 seconds rest.
A1. Barbell Curl 5 5 201 0
A2. Hammer Curl 5 5 602 60 seconds
B1. DB incline curl 5 5 201 0
B2. Reverse Curl 5 5 602 60 seconds

Day Three: Shoulders and triceps

Single-arm laterals: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps
Bent-Over Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
Behind The Neck Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
Weighted dips: 10 X 10
Skull crushers: 4 X 8
Extensions: 4 X 8
Are you taking a day off in between those exercises & what about your cardio regiment?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Personally, don't approve of programs which combine such large group muscles as chest and back together. I know it's antagonistic movements but that is just too much volume for one single workout.
I've already tried this combination and it works great. Remember OVT and what I told you, but you were pussy to try it :D

Are you taking a day off in between those exercises & what about your cardio regiment?
I'm doing this on Mo,We and Fri, the rest of the days are reserved for Jiu-Jitsu, which means that at the moment I don't have enough time for cardio.

Also I decided to change my leg workout a little bit, I find it 10X10 too demanding at the moment.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
damn i am currently on a routine of
Cycle- Mon,Wed,Thu
Run-Tue,Fri,Sun

back +chest- Tue,Sat
arms,shoulders,abs-wed,Sat

Full body moves-Fri + Sun
throw in some pull-ups,press-ups and bycicle crunches Tue,Fri,Sun
are you da krazy?

I've already tried this combination and it works great. Remember OVT and what I told you, but you were pussy to try it :D

I'm doing this on Mo,We and Fri, the rest of the days are reserved for Jiu-Jitsu, which means that at the moment I don't have enough time for cardio.

Also I decided to change my leg workout a little bit, I find it 10X10 too demanding at the moment.
no shit :p

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005

I hope you're getting a minimum of eight hours sleep then, if you aren't taking a rest in between workouts like that it can be counter productive. Also that schedule of yours looks heavy on your body, are you taking calcium supplements?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Well I wanted to do GVT, but I'm definitely in no shape for that, so it will have to wait.

I hope you're getting a minimum of eight hours sleep then, if you aren't taking a rest in between workouts like that it can be counter productive. Also that schedule of yours looks heavy on your body, are you taking calcium supplements?
I'm sleeping around 7-8 hours, sometimes I sleep an hour during the day, it really depends. And I'm taking Wellman vitamins, even though they are hard to digest, so I will probably switch them with something else.

Do you have some advice, about work-out program or anything else. It's nice to hear some advice from a guy who know stuff, not like Dule :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I'm sleeping around 7-8 hours, sometimes I sleep an hour during the day, it really depends. And I'm taking Wellman vitamins, even though they are hard to digest, so I will probably switch them with something else.

Do you have some advice, about work-out program or anything else. It's nice to hear some advice from a guy who know stuff, not like Dule :D
:D

Lately i've been cutting off from white carbs after 4pm. I see a major difference in my appearance in terms of definition. I suggested this to my cousins bf who is a professional rugby player & he's getting the same effect. Also when we do our weight session, we do 10min of cardio immediately after that to decrease the body fat percentage.

When i have time, i'll post our weight training schedule here.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
:D

Lately i've been cutting off from white carbs after 4pm. I see a major difference in my appearance in terms of definition. I suggested this to my cousins bf who is a professional rugby player & he's getting the same effect. Also when we do our weight session, we do 10min of cardio immediately after that to decrease the body fat percentage.

When i have time, i'll post our weight training schedule here.
I'm really split between many programs, I'm between something like GVT to 5X5 workouts. I really can't find myself anywhere, but my real problem is that I think too much instead of training. I'll try something like I've posted or I'm going to the total opposite direction and doing this:

Monday:

* Olympic Squats: 5X5
* Bench Press: 5X5
* Barbell Rows: 5X5
* Accessory exercises: weighted sit-ups and a tricep exercise (note that these are not compound exercises and are done to simply round out the program. You do not need to follow the same 5X5 protocol as with the exercises stated above and should do 2-3 sets of 5-8 reps).

Wednesday:

* Olympic or Front Squats: 5X5 - note that you can reduce the weight by 25% or so on this day if you are having difficulty with recovering.
* Military Press: 5X5
* Deadlifts: 5X5
* Pull-Ups: 5X5
* Accessory exercises: 2-3 sets of 5-8 reps of a bicep and abdominal exercise

Friday:

* Olympic Squats: 5X5 (same weight as Monday)
* Bench Press: 5X5
* Barbell Row: 5X5
* Accessory exercises: 2-3 sets of 5-8 reps of a tricep and abdominal exercise

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm really split between many programs, I'm between something like GVT to 5X5 workouts. I really can't find myself anywhere, but my real problem is that I think too much instead of training. I'll try something like I've posted or I'm going to the total
I don't think Full Squats or Olympic Squats are your best Squatting exercises as an amateur. Those tend to be heavy on the knees because they focus on your quads. Also, why no deadlifts?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I don't think Full Squats or Olympic Squats are your best Squatting exercises as an amateur. Those tend to be heavy on the knees because they focus on your quads. Also, why no deadlifts?
Hey, I'm not amateur :D

I'm definitely doing deadlifts, but I will rotate them with squats, mainly because I think that those two exercises in one training might be too much.

Still I definitely decided to train chests and back, legs and biceps and shoulders triceps, also I will focus mainly on compound exercises with few isolation moves and that should be it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I have lately totally dropped the weights and I am only focusing on core sessions with body weight and of course running. Next week I will try kettle bells.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I hate that.

I have some dude on facebook who only workouts with kettle bells and I hate it. I hate everything about it and it's probably the thing that annoys me the most in bodybuilding world.

Freakin' kettle bells!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I hate that.

I have some dude on facebook who only workouts with kettle bells and I hate it. I hate everything about it and it's probably the thing that annoys me the most in bodybuilding world.

Freakin' kettle bells!
May I know why the hate? Have you tried them or is this just based on your Facebook friend?

kettle bells are supposed to give you a fantastic workout let me know how you get on with them jack
They did give me a fantastic workout and I will do it again. I think I will have pain in every inch in my body tomorrow but it was all worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)