Gym and fitness (39 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
yeah i do the same combo and it always kills me
I don't squat heavy, but I can see the benefits. Ever done any box squatting? Anyways, the reason I don't squat right now is that I'm focussing on my posterior chain, before returning to the squat. Deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, GH raises, Kneeling Hip Extension (the one you can find on tmuscle and that's great when it comes to improving hip function - not the sissy move that is useless), those are the things I'm doing right now.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't squat heavy, but I can see the benefits. Ever done any box squatting? Anyways, the reason I don't squat right now is that I'm focussing on my posterior chain, before returning to the squat. Deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, GH raises, Kneeling Hip Extension (the one you can find on tmuscle and that's great when it comes to improving hip function - not the sissy move that is useless), those are the things I'm doing right now.
what are your goals?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Which program do you guys use? I've been stuck on the basic split for ages (chest/tri, back/bi etc.). It's time for something new.

Any of you tried Mark Rippetoe's 5x5 perhaps?
I've heard for that program but didn't tried it. I'm not sure but I think that is beginners program, Vlatko posted before something similar it's called Stronglifts 5X5.

I'm currently on Christian Thibaudeau's OVT (Optimized Volume Training) it's the most intense workout I ever tried.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
what are your goals?
My main goal is to completely get rid of the annoying knee pain that has been bothering me for a couple of years. It's patellar tendinopathy, well.. that's what they call it. Patellofemoral pain syndrome, patellar tendinitis, there's very little difference IMO.

But the thing is I noticed my glutes and upper hamstrings weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing. Since I've been hitting them, the knee pain has virtually disappeared. My running has also improved dramatically.

If I get myself injuryfree, which I pretty much am right now, I'm aiming for speed.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I am trying to get stronger, so i ve been on pyramid workout
Ah, I see :tup:

I've heard for that program but didn't tried it. I'm not sure but I think that is beginners program, Vlatko posted before something similar it's called Stronglifts 5X5.

I'm currently on Christian Thibaudeau's OVT (Optimized Volume Training) it's the most intense workout I ever tried.
Beginners? Oh, I thought it was some advanced shit :D

I heard about that OVT, it's all about supersets right? I think I'll try that next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)