Guitar thread (6 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i bought an ibanez mikro for my son. he's not even 3, and i have no idea if he's ever going to have the intention to play guitar, still, it's a fun instrument even for adults.

according to my luthier buddy, most short-scale guitars would do the trick, these are basically all the same regarding qc, usability and tuning/upgrade potential: squier mini strat, ibanez mikro, jackson minion series, esp/ltd junior, whatever. these are mostly made in china for their sub-$150 price, still, after a pro setup, a short scale guitar will offer acceptable tuning stability and nice tones. amp-wise, pick whatever you like, a roland cube, a yamaha thr or a line6 spider practice amp might be fine.

the attached pic shows the one i got for my kid (the guitar below is my 25,5" scale jackson slsmg for size comparison)
Thank you :tup:

It's either Guitar or the Drums for him.

I am/was a piano player, so I would like him to try something different. If he gravitates towards the piano, then so be it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I'm thinking about getting a starter guitar for my son in a couple of years. Does anyone have any suggestions?

And don't say "Fender Stratocaster with a Whammy Bar"

That would be for me if I decide to learn how to play :D
If you haven't yet, classics can never go wrong. Fender or Gibson. Don't give him a shit $200 guitar, you don't want to spend a shitload either so buy something in the medium range. $500 should do the job.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
so, did you pick anything for your son?
If you haven't yet, classics can never go wrong. Fender or Gibson. Don't give him a shit $200 guitar, you don't want to spend a shitload either so buy something in the medium range. $500 should do the job.
Not yet. He turns 2 on Saturday so it will be another year before I am serious about it.

He does appreciate music, though. That is a good first step.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I own a Fender T-Bucket 300 CE, which is a 200-300$ guitar depending on the deal you get, yet I cannot say a bad word about it, I've made tons more money with it than the guitar is worth :D Budget guitars are tricky, but you can buy a good instrument if you know what you're looking for.

Though I have to say that I've had it for 5-6 years and I will start looking for something new soon, as I've made some damage by picking fat strings that made it bend the wrong way a bit and my wife recently broke off one of the tuning cranks, poor Tanya will pass away soon :(

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
spent the last 5 hours trying to self-teach ukulele. my hand is pretty much a claw at this point, but I think I got a grip on Here Comes The Sun :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)