Guitar thread (1 Viewer)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Clapton at cream was at his best.

Better? IMO there is no such thing in music. Unless you try to copy something then you can judge, but once they are doing their own thing it's impossible to say who is better. You can prefer and like one to other but saying who's better is not right imo.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Clapton at cream was at his best.

Better? IMO there is no such thing in music. Unless you try to copy something then you can judge, but once they are doing their own thing it's impossible to say who is better. You can prefer and like one to other but saying who's better is not right imo.
Then whats with the avatar?

s4tch

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Mar 23, 2015
of course he did. he's not my favorite guitarist, but hendrix is still numero uno.

every rock/metal guitarist from the last 20-30 years is basically hendrix + iommi + van halen + malmsteen. tosin abasi might be an exception, tho.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Hendrix wrote much more interesting music
Interesting? How you equate interesting to better? Because interesting is very subjective and better is not.

I prefer young Johnny Winters to Hendrix, does it make one better then other? No.

- - - Updated - - -

of course he did. he's not my favorite guitarist, but hendrix is still numero uno.

every rock/metal guitarist from the last 20-30 years is basically hendrix + iommi + van halen + malmsteen. tosin abasi might be an exception, tho.
I don't get metal at all. Anything past Iron Maden I just don't get, I just don't get why would anyone want to do this. All the new stuff is just beyond my comprehension - scooped mids on guitar gigantic sonic mayhem and a lot of screaming. I really can't comment on anything in that genre :D

OP
OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Interesting? How you equate interesting to better? Because interesting is very subjective and better is not.
Well it's almost objective that you can say Hendrix wrote more interesting music. His music incorporated many more styles and was way more diverse than Cream where it was pretty much different variations on the same blues rock the whole time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)