Guitar thread (14 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
tried to work out little black submarines by black keys, couldn't find any proper tab, only the chord progression, a fun song for the beg level, since I play guitar only for a year or so.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
tried to work out little black submarines by black keys, couldn't find any proper tab, only the chord progression, a fun song for the beg level, since I play guitar only for a year or so.
It uses the same chords and chord progression and vocal melody as 'stairway to heaven' if that helps?

A min, c, g is the main bulk of it. Check www.ultimate-guitar.com for tabs.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It uses the same chords and chord progression and vocal melody as 'stairway to heaven' if that helps?

A min, c, g is the main bulk of it. Check www.ultimate-guitar.com for tabs.
I agree that it is similar to Stairway to Heaven (and I'm sure it's meant that way), but I find this as the most accurate chord progression (mainly Am, G, D, A).
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/b...ubmarines_ver2_crd_1112222id_30112011date.htm
The problem for me is the pattern he picks the strings, it sounds pretty standart, but I can only get close to it, something is missing :D

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I agree that it is similar to Stairway to Heaven (and I'm sure it's meant that way), but I find this as the most accurate chord progression (mainly Am, G, D, A).
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/b...ubmarines_ver2_crd_1112222id_30112011date.htm
The problem for me is the pattern he picks the strings, it sounds pretty standart, but I can only get close to it, something is missing :D
Are you using hammer-ons within the chord pattern? -http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/black_keys/little_black_submarines_ver2_tab_1137491id_14032012date.htm You can try walking up the bass lines into the chords too.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Are you using hammer-ons within the chord pattern? -http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/black_keys/little_black_submarines_ver2_tab_1137491id_14032012date.htm You can try walking up the bass lines into the chords too.
cool, I think I got it sounding the way I want it to sound, thanks man, that tab did help. I ended up changing it quite a bit, but that's inevitable if you try to make it dynamic and still remain acoustic all the way.

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #331
    Yep, quite well. I'm gasing for one of those bad even though I just got a SG recently :lol:. They aren't too expensive though.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #338
    They should call setting up floyd rose - 'it's easier to build nasa space shuttle'

also.. might be getting one of these for $500.. :tuttosport:

your top 15 guitarists... go!

1. Jimmy Page
    2. James Hetfield
    3. Jerry Cantrell
    4. Alex Skolnick
    5. Dave Mustaine
    6. Adam Jones
    7. Angus Young
    8. John Frusciante
    9. Kirk Hammett
    10. Jeff Hannemann
    11. Brent Hinds
    12. Jimi Hendrix
    13. Marty Friedman
    14. Stevie Ray Vaughn
    15. Slash

Jul 10, 2006
    They should call setting up floyd rose - 'it's easier to build nasa space shuttle'

1. Jimmy Page
    2. James Hetfield
    3. Jerry Cantrell
    4. Alex Skolnick
    5. Dave Mustaine
    6. Adam Jones
    7. Angus Young
    8. John Frusciante
    9. Kirk Hammett
    10. Jeff Hannemann
    11. Brent Hinds
    12. Jimi Hendrix
    13. Marty Friedman
    14. Stevie Ray Vaughn
    15. Slash
    I dont play guitar and dont know a fuck ton about music, but mustain and hetfield better than jimi mufuckin hendrix???

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

1. Jimmy Page
    2. James Hetfield
    3. Jerry Cantrell
    4. Alex Skolnick
    5. Dave Mustaine
    6. Adam Jones
    7. Angus Young
    8. John Frusciante
    9. Kirk Hammett
    10. Jeff Hannemann
    11. Brent Hinds
    12. Jimi Hendrix
    13. Marty Friedman
    14. Stevie Ray Vaughn
    15. Slash
    Slash :rofl:
    And you don't have Gilmour there :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)