Guitar thread (23 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
he said your favorite guitarists not an all time best list. for example, I love guys like Tom Morell, Daron Malakian and Edge and would place them in my favorite guitarists lists even though I'm aware they're nowhere near the level of real virtuoso's.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 15, 2006
My top 15 in no particular order:

Satriani
Vai
Eric Johnson
Petrucci
Adrian Smith
Adam Jones
Gilmour
SRV
Devin Townsend
Frank Zappa
Robert Fripp
Mikael Akerfeldt
Steven Wilson
Chuck Schuldiner
Marty Friedman

Apr 15, 2006
Your two first are all skill and no class.
I could somehow see how that could be true for Vai, but not for Satriani. I've been listening to him for close to a decade now, and I don't even care about his skill or technique anymore. That's proof enough for me that your statement doesn't offer a true reflection of what Joe's music is about.

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #353
    I dont play guitar and dont know a fuck ton about music, but mustain and hetfield better than jimi mufuckin hendrix???
    I didn't say better, just favourites :)

- - - Updated - - -

Slash :rofl:
    And you don't have Gilmour there :lol2:
    again, favourites.

don't know why slash is so funny, he's overrated but still a great guitarist and wrote some great stuff over the years.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #357
    Yeah, I really hope he'll play with them again. If I had to take a bet I think he will eventually, not sure of an album with him though. But he's done enough great stuff with them anyway. I don't think they are the same without him, their last album was really mediocre imo. They already built such a great sound because of John and to have someone try to replace such a genius doesn't work. Josh is a good guitarist no doubt but I don't think he's nearly as talented, especially in songwriting as John.

I Could Have Lied & Savior solos :tuttosport:

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
    :agree:

He's not that talented. But he has totally improved a lot since joining the RHCP and has incresed his chemistry with the rest of the band with the tour going on. I expect for the next record to be better than I'm With You but nothing similar to the magic peaces John make with them.
    It's quite hard to say if he will ever come back, my bet would be a no. And specially hearing his two last solo records. Are nothing related to the sound he once had. And he even declined the invitation to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, which was a little harsh imo. There were somo rumours about him making a new record with a very diferent style and that he could even make a worldtour, that'd be enough to me.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #359
    I wouldn't count it out completely, I mean he quit the band in the mid 90s and almost died from heroin and then made Californication. Have you seen those fucked up videos of him? He's probably in a different place now but I think it might be possible eventually.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
    :lol: I have a friend who truly hopes the same happens to him so he will come back to the band :D Yes I've seen some, there's one called Stuff which is really sad, and then there's an intervie by some dutch television really weird.
    Deep in my heart I too hope that some day he'll rock again with Flea. But as in the mercato, low expectations my friend :D

And yeah he's married now, and there are some videos of him in Positano on where he looks pretty good. He even manages his official website and writes there occasionally :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)