Guglielmo Stendardo (11 Viewers)

OP
Jim_Boi

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #282
    I would definitely keep Stendardo... he's been a very reliable option since coming here.

If the rumor that Lazio will accept Almiron as payment is true, I jump on it like a fat kid on cake. Almiron had many chances, and he's simply not a big club player. Best to cash in now, while he can still garner attention and value.

If the rumor is false, I'd still pay the buyout clause, as I don't see someone better coming for less, and he's already acclimatized to the team. De Ceglie/Grygera-Chiellini/Andrade-Legro/Stendardo-Mellberg/Zebina

Looks good to me.
    There is no doubt that Stendardo has been a rock whenever he has played for us. But his buyout clause is a bit to high for my taste. Cristian Zapata is a better defender and it would be wise to spend money on him instead, he is younger and a better defender IMO.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Juve Or Lazio? It Doesn't Depend On Me - Stendardo

Lazio defender Guglielmo Stendardo, who's currently on a loan spell with Juventus, talked about his future and his relationship with Lazio coach Delio Rossi.

Lazio defender Guglielmo Stendardo, currently on loan to Juventus, talked about his future prospects and the last few matches of the team's season.

"We can still finish second. There are four games left, the team is improving, we'll try to win them all," he said.

"Being at Juve has been a gratifying experience. I've come to a prestigious club, one of the biggest in Europe. But I've come here on loan and after extending my contract with Lazio."

On his future, he said: "First I want to face these last four games well and get my law degree in Rome. Then I'll see. I'm a Lazio player: if nothing happens, I'll go back in June. I don't know where I'll play next season, that depends on the clubs."

Even though he has been known to have a strained relationship with Lazio coach Delio Rossi, Stendardo still took the opportunity to praise him when he was asked whether he will greet him in next weekend's Juventus-Lazio match.

"Sure, why not? There's no problem. On the contrary, I want to make something clear: I think he is one of the best coaches in Italy," he concluded.

goal.com

May 19, 2007
    i think we should buy this player cuz there just anything cheaper on the market with a good price on it, with also mellberg coming in.

we still need a good defender and it would be very stupid to pay much extra money that is needed on other positions on a defender who still has to gel to the team.

indeed Zapata is better but we have to pay much more to obtain him and if Udinese will accept Almiron, i think we have to pay at least 8 mil. extra to pay
    to obtain him.

that cash can we use to maybe obtain a player in the position for Nedved as Mancini is a candidate

in my opinion Stendardo would be a player to obtain in a cheap way and as good replacement because i think Mellberg and Chiellini are going to be solid as a pair to be the starting 2.

as how i hope our team is going to be next season following all the rumours on the net, it will be like this:

Goalkeepers:
    Buffon
    Schwarzer*
    Belardi

Defenders:
    Chiellini
    Mellberg
    Andrade
    Legrotaglie
    Stendardo

Side backs:
    Grygera
    Grosso*
    Zebina
    De Ceglie+
    Birindelli

Defence Midfield:
    Sissoko
    Flamini*
    Zanetti
    Tiago
    Marchisio+

Attacking midfield:
    Camoranesi
    Mancini*
    Salihamidzic
    Nedved
    Giovinco+

Attack:
    Del Piero
    Trezeguet
    Amauri*
    Iaquinta

* = new transfers
    + = back from loan

That means

Nocerino, Marchionni and some money go to Palermo for Amauri
    Palladino and some money go to AS Roma for Mancini
    Money goes to Olimpique Lyon for Grosso
    Juve signs on a free transfer Flamini
    Money goes to Middlesbrough for Schwarzer

Mafia

Pinturicchio
    Jul 21, 2006
    Any chance someone wants to make a poll so we can see if majority of people want juve to sign him or to let him go back to lazio? Just a thought.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Stendardo wants Juve stay

Juventus defender Guglielmo Stendardo would like to make his move from Lazio permanent this summer.

The 27-year-old Neapolitan is currently on loan from the Biancocelesti until June, having brokered a deal with the Turin giants in the January transfer window.

“I am very proud that a club like Juventus regard me as a player of their calibre,” Stendardo told Sky Italia TV. “Who wouldn’t like to stay at Juventus?”

The former Napoli stopper has only appeared four times since joining the Bianconeri in the winter, providing cover for the injured Jorge Andrade and the departed Domenico Criscito.

Stendardo is seen as a squad player rather than a first-team regular and recognises that may impact on his future with La Vecchia Signora.

“For now anyway, I live one day at a time, knowing that I will not be able to decide my future, only the club can do that which suits me fine.”

Despite arguments between Lazio Coach Delio Rossi and Stendardo, it is believed that the Aquilotti and their President Claudio Lotito would like to take the former Italy Under-20 international back to Formello.

Stendardo has a contract with Lazio until 2012 and Juventus would have to pay £10m to secure his services. A fee they are unlikely to offer.

channel 4

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    We could talk to Lazio on Sunday for Stendardo according to Corriere.

They are interested in Marchsio,Lanzafame and Palladino.But we are also interested in Mauri. :pumpkin:

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
    Lazio hungry for Lanzafame

Lazio are interested in bringing Azzurrini striker Davide Lanzafame to the Stadio Olimpico for next season, according to the Italian Press.

The 21-year-old is currently on loan at Bari from Juventus and has been earning rave reviews, scoring 10 goals in 33 appearances for the Galletti.

Bari boss and former Bianconeri favourite Antonio Conte has compared the talented forward to Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo.

Corriere dello Sport today reported that Biancocelesti director of sport Walter Sabatini is drawing up a plan to persuade Juventus to cede the Turin-born attacker along with another Bianconeri youngster, midfielder Claudio Marchisio.

Central to the deal is Guglielmo Stendardo, who joined Juventus on loan from Lazio in January. The Bianconeri are keen to keep the 26-year-old defender, who would cost £10m.

Earlier this week Stendardo revealed his wish to stay with the Turin giants, saying he was very proud to play for such a prestigious club.

Aquilotti Coach Dellio Rossi is also interested in signing Juventus' Raffaele Palladino, who could also be slotted into any transfer involving Stendardo.

Yeee go secco it's ylour birth's day...
    Just media bull sh**...No wory's...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Just cut this crap out. Send him back to Lazio, forget about these ridiculous rumors and Lazio demands, and lets get a better defender please.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
    Jul 21, 2006
    Yeh, everytime goal.com finds a player they think is good, they r automatically linked with Juve, without fail, its quite annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)