Guglielmo Stendardo (4 Viewers)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Guglielmo Stendardo (born 6 May 1981) is an Italian football defender currently playing for S.S. Lazio in Italy.

Stendardo began his career at SSC Napoli in 1997 and has played for a number of top Italian football clubs, Sampdoria included. A powerful defender, Stendardo stands 190 cm tall and weighs 89 kg. After a 3-2 defeat to the hands of Juventus, Stendardo had a falling out with Lazio manager Delio Rossi and demanded a transfer in the January 2008 transfer window. One possibility has Stendardo going to A.C. Milan in exchange for Dario Simic. Rumors have also circulated that Tottenham Hotspur boss Juande Ramos has lined up an £8,000,000 bid for the central defender.

On January 14th 2008, The Daily Mail reported that Lazio had accepted a loan bid from Birmingham City but that the player was reluctant to leave before the summer. However, Birmingham boss Alex McLeish has decided to continue to his persuance of the player, in order to try and persuade Stendardo with a move to St. Andrews and the Midlands that come with it.

Although the weather may not be as hot, the football is, and i believe more technical than in Serie A and Italy. I think that the certain technicalities which come with the Premier League, such as the pace and the strength involved in every game, would suit Stendardo perfectly. Soon after however it was reported Roy Hodgson and Fulham FC were interested in signing the defender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stendardo

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Yay .. we're having a step to the right way .. i hope it's a positive step ..

welcome Stendardo .. what's his shirt number ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)