• South Africa

• Mexico

• Uruguay

• France

Results are only viewable after voting.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
domenech is such a moron...having those forwards and to play a italy like 4-3-3 using ribery as a left striker is stupid...anelka there is also very wrong.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
I dunno, but with their idiot coach I can easily see a great team like France crash out in this group. They almost did 4 years ago in an easier group and with Zidane.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:agree:

Group A is the only one I'm having real trouble predicting.

France aren't much good.

Uruguay and Mexico are decent teams.

SA may overperform/have the ref's due to being hosts.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think the FIFA factor could come into play with South Africa, they are a limited team but will give it everything they have. I'd like to see Uruguay or Mexico go through with them to be honest.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
France is the only team at this world cup that has top quality and still isn't considered to be one of the favorites.
Italy are similar (big team that isn't considered a favorite), but they don't have top quality, unlike France. All the other big teams are among the top favorites so they will have that pressure on their backs.

This can very well work in France's favor.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
France is the only team at this world cup that has top quality and still isn't considered to be one of the favorites.
Italy are similar (big team that isn't considered a favorite), but they don't have top quality, unlike France. All the other big teams are among the top favorites so they will have that pressure on their backs.

France looks good but I will be surprised if they do good.

Spain on the other hand has a lot more quality IMO.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
France looks good but I will be surprised if they do good.

Spain on the other hand has a lot more quality IMO.
Spain are the #1 favorite.

As for France, that's exactly what I was saying. They look good but no-one expects them to do good and everyone ignores them. These are perfect conditions to do great.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Spain are the #1 favorite.

As for France, that's exactly what I was saying. They look good but no-one expects them to do good and everyone ignores them. These are perfect conditions to do great.
Not because I don't think they have a good squad but because they lack tactical awareness because of their coach.

Brazil on the other hand looks good, nothing special. But they could do great as they are balanced enough to beat anyone out there.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'd be extremely surprised if France do well in the World Cup. Alen is right, they do have a quality squad(that would have been had even more quality with Benzema, Nasri and Cheyrou) but they looked so poor, so disjointed, so mediocre in both the qualifying games and in the pre WC friendlies.

Domenech is such a poor coach, he has managed to make such a quality team to not be favorites at all.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Like the last World Cup. I prefer Italy to not be a favourite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)