• South Africa

• Mexico

• Uruguay

• France

Results are only viewable after voting.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
you really believe objectively SA stands a chance?
Yes,i really do & that post wasn't directed at you.I know you actually know stuff about North/South American teams.

With Benni back in the fold & Carlos Alberto Parreira dropping the two DM system,we will defintely give those teams a run for their money.France is another story,individual brilliance will be their saving grace imo.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Well they are in front of a home crowd, that factor helped even S.Korea to do well before.
The refereeing helped S. Korea more than anything else.

But aside from that being hosts is an advantage during the WC. No host has ever been knocked out in the group stage before, so I say S. Africa has a fair chance at reaching the knockout round

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Why cant i? Im making a friggin point.
There was nothing wrong with making the point, but usually when a similar statement is made the whole "your a fake fan if you don't stand up for Juve" crap begins. I'm sick of the calciopoli whining, it is over and we aren't getting any scudetti back. This wasn't aimed at you, but more the people a comment like that might provoke into starting up another stupid argument

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
There was nothing wrong with making the point, but usually when a similar statement is made the whole "your a fake fan if you don't stand up for Juve" crap begins. I'm sick of the calciopoli whining, it is over and we aren't getting any scudetti back. This wasn't aimed at you, but more the people a comment like that might provoke into starting up another stupid argument
Rubbish the club went down to Serie B & i'm still a Juve fan & always will be.If they wanna bring that up,let them.

If any cheating will go down it will be from the usual suspects,like CR7 or Gerrard taking a lovely dive.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Rubbish the club went down to Serie B & i'm still a Juve fan & always will be.If they wanna bring that up,let them.

If any cheating will go down it will be from the usual suspects,like CR7 or Gerrard taking a lovely dive.
It sucks when everyone blames your team for cheating in a tournament that hasn't even started yet, eh? :lol:

Get used to it, B.
Every single decision that will be a 50-50 and will go to SA's favor will be seen as FIFA favoring your team. That's the negative aspect of hosting a world cup.
But look on the bright side. You'll watch the matches live and feel the atmosphere while we, the ones accusing your team of cheating, will envy you. :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
It sucks when everyone blames your team for cheating in a tournament that hasn't even started yet, eh? :lol:

Get used to it, B.
Every single decision that will be a 50-50 and will go to SA's favor will be seen as FIFA favoring your team. That's the negative aspect of hosting a world cup.
But look on the bright side. You'll watch the matches live and feel the atmosphere while we, the ones accusing your team of cheating, will envy you. :D
I know & infact i dont mind if it comes from the Irish guys here,even if it has a bit of sour grapes involved.:D

Its just that i can pretty much guarantee that about 80% of the members in this forum have never seen SA played until the last confed cup.Sure they aren't superstars but as a collective unit they can outshine anybody on their day.

I'm also not naive to think that the refs wont be intimidated by the crowd but hey this kinda crap happens with the big teams,all the time!When that happens its not cheating,its because those superstars are sooooooooo good.:rolleyes:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Apart from the fact that you guys seem to underestimate south Africa,
i m sure that the African teams, will be favored almost as much, as the Asian NTs were favored home...

Expect a few African "surprises"...

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
u ppl seen this shit...

Giovani could quit over Jonathan snub

Giovani dos Santos is considering quitting Mexico's World Cup squad following the omission of his brother Jonathan.

Giovani: Has spent time on loan at Ipswich and Galatasaray away from Spurs

The players' father, Zizinho, is enraged by coach Javier Aguirre's decision not to take both of his sons to South Africa - and he now wants both of them to quit the squad permanently.

Zizinho, himself a former professional player in South America, said: "Gio is very hurt and he wants to be at home with us. He is there now and he's not well. We don't know if he will play (at the World Cup) or not. We still don't know anything.''

Jonathan is also set to quit international football over the snub - something his father completely agrees with. "Jonathan told me that he is going to quit the Mexican team and I don't want him playing for them anymore anyway,'' Zizinho added.
:howler: this bow head is so far up his ass it's unbelievable! Remember he thought he was too good fro barca's bench? :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)