Greatest player of all time and why (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
By the way, the commentator of our match against Pescara was talking about Maradona when he was asked about Del Piero and Zidane, the legend said that he enjoys watching Del Piero and that Del Piero's playing style is more entertaining than the former French skipper.

In fact, I trust Maradona and I agree with him, what is more.. :cool2:
Here is what Maradona said

" Talking about the best 100 world footballers ever he says "Here he is, he is different from Zidane, he likes to play, he feels it in his soul; between he and the French (Zinedine Zidane), I stay with him."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
what are you talking about man!! Zidane when he was with Juve was carying the whole team on his back in good and bad times.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
You're right. Maradona is not credible when he talks about anything else than football. Ironically when he does talk about football he is a pure genious!

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
You are asking me why one of the greatest footballers ever has massive knowledge about football?

That's the same as asking why a fireman knows how to put out a fire. :D

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
You are asking me why one of the greatest footballers ever has massive knowledge about football?

That's the same as asking why a fireman knows how to put out a fire. :D
Fireman knows how to put out a fire
A footballer knows how to play football, there is a difference

He just said that about Del Piero cuz he's doesn't want people saying Zidane is a better player than him

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Your last paragraph is true. Good observation.

My fireman analogy means that Maradona was a footballer, a good one, so of course he knows a thing or two about football. A fireman is trained as a fireman, a footballer is trained as a player.

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
Your last paragraph is true. Good observation.

My fireman analogy means that Maradona was a footballer, a good one, so of course he knows a thing or two about football. A fireman is trained as a fireman, a footballer is trained as a player.
exactly, a footballer is trained as a player, not as a pundit

Every one here is biased when comparing Dp and Zidane

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Who are the pundits then?

Why do you think Capello won so many titles in the first place? That's right, he was a player (for Juve too). Footballers have inside knowledge about tactics and stuff that only the truly brilliant non-footballers possess.

Frank Rijkaard, the currently most successful coach in the word, was also a former soccer player.

I strongly disagree with your statement, N. :smile:

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006

Why do you think Capello won so many titles in the first place? That's right, he was a player (for Juve too). Footballers have inside knowledge about tactics and stuff that only the truly brilliant non-footballers possess.

Frank Rijkaard, the currently most successful coach in the word, was also a former soccer player.

fair point

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006

Good point, +rep...
the question remains, how can a crack-head be a pundit?

Rijkaard is not a good manager, heck i can do a good job with a team like Barcelona. He's also lucky, most calls go Barcelona's way which helps them achieve success.

Btw, tactics is obtained from being a soccer player, spoting talent isn't.

Take a look at Wenger, was he a soccer player for more than 5 years?No, n no one is better than him at evaluating a player's ability

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Thanx for the praise. :oops:

Maradona, a coker, not valid to be a football genious? Kurt Cobain took even more drugs and he said some pretty wise stuff about life too.

Everything is possible.

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
Thanx for the praise. :oops:

Maradona, a coker, not valid to be a football genious? Kurt Cobain took even more drugs and he said some pretty wise stuff about life too.

Everything is possible.
It's funny how Maradona is depressed these days cuz he hasn't had alcohol in his system for a week, what's up with that?

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Here is a little psycho analysis:

Calciopoli in spring 2006 affects Juventus in a unique way. The star coach and defenders + Emerson, Vieira and Zlatan leaves for new challenges. The fans are in shock and in conflict with themselves and each other whether Moggi and Giraudo were guilty or not.

Serie B season starts, and Rab's first post of the Rimini thread captured everything. He said: 'I feel like crying'. And who here in this forum can say they didn't feel the same way??

So in this season some of the remaining stars like Buffon, Camoranesi and Trezeguet voice that they need an improved squad and they vent their frustration in the media. How do the fans react? I read post after post on this forum talking about how we can improve Juventus. The players say the same thing just in a another way because they are proffessionals whereas we are fans. Big difference there, but yet the feeling is mutual.

So, the fans and players feel the same way. And it all comes back to their profound love for all of ours beloved Juventus Torino FC. :star:

Luckily the Agnelli's boosted our bank account with 100 Million €

It's funny how Maradona is depressed these days cuz he hasn't had alcohol in his system for a week, what's up with that?
He said that? God, he is one piece of work, I tell ya :D

Why did this thread turn again to a DP vs Zidane discussion?
For the same reason the threads about Lippi's return and so on is there. Juventus were BIG, very big in the 90's and we want that back. :)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
let's say Maradona says Alcohol is the best n u should drink the whole day n smoke weed as well

Is he correct Ahmedios?
Absolutely, he is correct. :p

Of course, I agree/disagree with him, it depends. Maradona was talking about who is more entertaining; Del Piero Or Zidane?

But when comparing between any two players, we have to determine the points of comparison precisely. For example, for anyone to say that that player is far the best player ever, I find this very delusional and inaccurate.

In my opinion, Maradona is the best player ever, but I don't agree with myself when I say that. Simply, because I do believe that a football team is formed of eleven players with different positions and missions. Most of the football fans measure a player's abilities depending on his ball control, a thing which isn't fair by any mean. For every position on pitch its required skills.

Consequently, I have to compare a centre midfielder to a centre midfielder, a right back to a right back and so on...I prefer to say; Maradona has been the best playmaker ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)