Grand Theft Auto V (2 Viewers)

Which character in GTA V do you play as the most in free-roam?

• Smooth Michael

• The Franklinator

• Crazy Ol' Trevor

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 10, 2006
Stranger gave me a tip to buy shares. Forgot the name now (something short, starting with a "T"). Stocks were not traded on LCN, but on BAWSAQ which was "down for maintenance" (I was online myself, so that's definitely not the issue).
Kept trying for the next hour - hour and a half, but it remained down.

It's not the end of the world, but it's frustrating when the game tells you to do something that isn't actually possible at that time.
Tinkle

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 10, 2006
Have any of you used the tips Lester gives Franklin? I fucked up one of them by not selling the shares fast enough. In other words, I bought high and sold low :D no wonder I'm shit with money in real life
I was reading online somewhere that you are supposed to sell them like 10 mjnd after u buy them. But check the ign stock guide
Inposted a page or two earlier in this thread to make sure.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Still hustling, they have absolutely ruined free roam IMO, at least until invincibility cheat gets cracked, driving into trees and dying :rolleyes:

I like the submarine though :)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You cant fuck around too much in free roaming because the cops are way more dangerous in this game (gun totting pedestrians too), they are more aggressive plus you die in fewer shots, they shoot you through the windshield and before you got time to react, you are wasted, your super duper armour barely protects you much.

Jul 10, 2006
You cant fuck around too much in free roaming because the cops are way more dangerous in this game (gun totting pedestrians too), they are more aggressive plus you die in fewer shots, they shoot you through the windshield and before you got time to react, you are wasted, your super duper armour barely protects you much.
Need armor for your car, helps a lot.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I have never gotten over 3 stars so far, and yeah I just find and alley and they cant find me. Ditching them isnt an issue, but you got shot down quite quickly if you are stationary with ze car.

I havent pimped up any car, except Michaels car after the yacht mission, and it was just a little since I was broke then, now that I have some money with the characters, I want to save up for properties.

Main thing I waste money on is clothes (and tattoo's).

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I don't think they are too aggressive, just health even with full armor seems too low.

plus they still didn't fix the insta-spawn cop thing. even if there is only 1 person on mt chiliad and you kill them with a silenced weapons cops will appear on top of the mountain from 'citizens report' when there is no one around...

I think it just needs a little tinkering, because the new mechanic that you can hide is sooo much better than any other system they had

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I received the game yesterday, and played for a good few hours! I've reached the point just before the jewelery heist.

With regards to stocks etc, are there 'default' stocks which I should buy in order to make money, or are they random per game?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Don't invest yet. There are some missions you do with Franklin 'L' for Lester, I believe these are best left to the end of the game so don't do them yet I think. You can then invest all the money at the end in the stocks which are changed by those missions. They don't seem to change much or are worth doing anything with outside of those missions besides maybe some story missions and a few stranger missions.

if you look over at gtaforums.com they have more info

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Don't invest yet. There are some missions you do with Franklin 'L' for Lester, I believe these are best left to the end of the game so don't do them yet I think. You can then invest all the money at the end in the stocks which are changed by those missions. They don't seem to change much or are worth doing anything with outside of those missions besides maybe some story missions and a few stranger missions.

if you look over at gtaforums.com they have more info
I was enjoying the Franklin/Lester ones so far
(only did the phone bomb and surveillance so far)

You think I should do the Michael ones first?

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I made a random investment early on and turned 5K into 99K, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the stocks :(

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Completed the game after 21 hours of playing, granted I just hammered[H][/H] the story but was hoping it'd be longer, I killed of Trevor in the end as I couldn't stand him alas it was quite a disappointing ending nonetheless.

Anyone completed the game yet? What did you think of the final mission?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)