Gonzalo Higuaín (28 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We'll be mad because he's just going to another expensive bench option that no one wants, and that we were dumb enough to splash 90 million on. De Laurentis is still laughing his way to the bank.
considering how close the scudetto race was that year and we beat him to it with his past season's best player deciding several crucial ties no i don't think he was laughing.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
considering how close the scudetto race was that year and we beat him to it with his past season's best player deciding several crucial ties no i don't think he was laughing.
We would've probably won the Scudetto without Higuain anyway, just like winning it this season without Ronaldo. We're so far ahead of the other meme teams in Serie A it's not even funny. Even so, 90 million on a striker to win Serie A is an expensive outlay, and one that was not justified. Ronaldo being bought for 100+ million is an entirely different matter: you bought, arguably, the best player of his generation who is a far superior player and athlete, not to mention more marketable, and only for a few million more (notwithstanding age, but Higuain was no spring chicken either when we acquired him).

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:rolleyes: not this debate again

The Higgy transfer may have not worked out as some imagined but it was not this terrible decision revisionists here want to paint it as. Not at all.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I disagree. 90M on a 28 year old one dimensional player was short sighted. He played great games here and contributed to 2 successful seasons, but in no way was he ever worth that much. Napoli screwed us over
Napoli didn't screw us over, marotta triggered the release clause, also players should be measured against their salary not the transfer fee, which they have no control over.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Haven't been caught up with him but honestly, at this point, is he even worth 20m?

Milan did us dirty here, for some reason we always honour our deals no matter what and how bad the player is.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
It was wrong business from the beginning..I was surprised by his signing .... 90m for this !! ....
yes he did help us sometimes but actually he couldn't justify all that wasted money on him ....

now stuck with him and his 9m salary !! ....

The moment I started to hate him when he was that fat i think against Tottenham - pre season match .... stupid player and stupid decision

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)