Gonzalo Higuaín (49 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
He need to lose weight and start performing in the CL, because right now even with his amasing goal scoring record in the league, we didn't pay 90 mil for that.

He looks slow and can't create for himself like he used to. How he come back from preaseason should tell a lot about him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He need to lose weight and start performing in the CL, because right now even with his amasing goal scoring record in the league, we didn't pay 90 mil for that.

He looks slow and can't create for himself like he used to. How he come back from preaseason should tell a lot about him.
Again,i think we malfunction in our attacking phase, while Napoli excelled on this but had shitty defensive gameplay.

Very few strikers can create for themselves game in game out and carry a team...those strikers are in the messi-Ronaldo level...and maybe Mbappe in the future. So instead of stay all waiting on midfield waiting for Higuain to pull a Messi, we better try to make him get the ball where it matters.

Thats my opinion.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Again,i think we malfunction in our attacking phase, while Napoli excelled on this but had shitty defensive gameplay.

Very few strikers can create for themselves game in game out and carry a team...those strikers are in the messi-Ronaldo level...and maybe Mbappe in the future. So instead of stay all waiting on midfield waiting for Higuain to pull a Messi, we better try to make him get the ball where it matters.

Thats my opinion.
I don't think anyone disagrees with you here. I think the stupid thing is splashing 90m we'll never get back on a striker that doesn't improve our team that much, because he doesn't get the service he needs to perform. I'd much rather have seen us go for a high caliber AM and play Dybala in his natural position than witness that CL final.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't think anyone disagrees with you here. I think the stupid thing is splashing 90m we'll never get back on a striker that doesn't improve our team that much, because he doesn't get the service he needs to perform. I'd much rather have seen us go for a high caliber AM and play Dybala in his natural position than witness that CL final.
32 goals in his first season despite having a dozen games where he was out of position

assist in the final, and dybala was absolute shit in that game

two goals in the semi's

created loads of space which was vital for first two goals in quarter finals

:baus:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
32 goals in his first season despite having a dozen games where he was out of position

assist in the final, and dybala was absolute shit in that game

two goals in the semi's

In the end we had no attack against Real whatsoever in the 2nd half. Higuain is not at fault that we splashed 90m on him, but when it mattered, our 90m signing did not work out. I'm just saying that we probably won't recover anything from the 90m and we didn't win more trophies with Higuain than we could've won without him. Had we spent it differently, maybe we could've won CL, maybe we couldn't have, but I'm pretty sure that we'd still win Serie A, Coppa and probably we'd have someone with a resale value way higher than Higuain's.

You seriously think that "assist" was worth it? If I was able to, I'd give both the assist and the goal to Mandzukic, because it's not like Higuain gave him a goal scoring opportunity, he just kept the ball in play, Mario did the rest.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
In the end we had no attack against Real whatsoever in the 2nd half. Higuain is not at fault that we splashed 90m on him, but when it mattered, our 90m signing did not work out. I'm just saying that we probably won't recover anything from the 90m and we didn't win more trophies with Higuain than we could've won without him. Had we spent it differently, maybe we could've won CL, maybe we couldn't have, but I'm pretty sure that we'd still win Serie A, Coppa and probably we'd have someone with a resale value way higher than Higuain's.

You seriously think that "assist" was worth it? If I was able to, I'd give both the assist and the goal to Mandzukic, because it's not like Higuain gave him a goal scoring opportunity, he just kept the ball in play, Mario did the rest.
Big teams buy players to be the best and remain the best. Resale value is for Palermo

Did you know that in his first season at Real Madrid, Ronaldo was inferior to Higuain ?

What does this learn you about rating a player purely on his first season ?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Switching formations and tactics half way through the season does not help. We were playing very poor football and grinding results for most of the season, and only after the switch did we start having something of a coordinated attacking phase. This should only get better as our attack gels together and we get some reinforcements.

We shouldnt have to revamp everything once again now. We need minor reinforcements and time and we will be very good in attack. We still need that bit of character in the CL final so signing a fighter/winner is necessary as well. I f we can prize iniesta I think that can help us significantly

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Big teams buy players to be the best and remain the best. Resale value is for Palermo

Did you know that in his first season at Real Madrid, Ronaldo was inferior to Higuain ?

What does this learn you about rating a player purely on his first season ?
Then why Bayern is asking a lot of money for D.Costa? Why Real is asking a lot of money for Morata? If they didn't care about their valuation they'd let them go for free, no? they won't be starters there anyway. Big clubs don't have endless resources, of course they care about resale value. Especially us, who are definitely the poorest among Europe's elite.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Then why Bayern is asking a lot of money for D.Costa? Why Real is asking a lot of money for Morata? If they didn't care about their valuation they'd let them go for free, no? they won't be starters there anyway. Big clubs don't have endless resources, of course they care about resale value. Especially us, who are definitely the poorest among Europe's elite.
:lol:

They asking for a lot of money because they can and they are worth it, the same we would do if someone asked for Higuain or any other our player. But Buyern didn't buy Costa with intent of selling him two years later, same thing with Morata when real brough him back.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:lol:

They asking for a lot of money because they can and they are worth it, the same we would do if someone asked for Higuain or any other our player. But Buyern didn't buy Costa with intent of selling him two years later, same thing with Morata when real brough him back.
Exactly.

They only care about improving quality when buying. Doesnt mean they give away for free when they become surplus to requirements and have a considerable resale value

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Exactly.
They only care about improving quality when buying. Doesnt mean they give away for free when they become surplus to requirements and have a considerable resale value
Well if it's true and Juventus don't care about resale value, I wish they did, we're not in a position to be careless with money. Most players don't stay at one or two clubs their whole careers, you might not have the intent of selling a few years later after buying, but the cold reality is that probably you will sell, question is for how much. Higuain will possibly leave us in 2-3 years and we'll maybe get 10 millions for him, if that. My big question is if he'll lead us to a CL trophy or not.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Imagine he scored 10 goals in the league and 1 goal in the CL final to win the game. Great season then?
What kind of pointless hypothetical is this?

We're talking about what actually happened here, which was, he under-performed in big matches, scored 12 less goals than he did for Napoli in Serie A, and rarely got on the scoresheet in the back-end of the season.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

assist in the final, and dybala was absolute $#@! in that game

two goals in the semi's

In what sense? Mandzu and Dybala have been the ones playing out of their "positions". When did Higuain play out of position?

Or going wide for 10 seconds in a game counts now? I think thats somewhat expected for a 90m pricetag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)