Gonzalo Higuaín (23 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
A certain forward of ours never controlled the ball, so the Madrid press came back over and over again. As an additional clue - it wasn't Higuain.
It was a left footer with a worse first touch than Chiellini.

In all honestly, overall Higuain had a disappointing season.

He never came near winning the Serie A capocannoniere and didn't do much (except for that one Monaco match) in UCL. Underwhelming.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
You have to love it, score 32 goals, be the highest scoring Juve attacker in decades, and be called out for having dissapointing season.
Pure idiocy, did you notice how many Tuz posters turned on him in the later months of this season, when we dropped points in the league? And because he didn't score in the final? Absolutely pathetic.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
You have to love it, score 32 goals, be the highest scoring Juve attacker in decades, and be called out for having dissapointing season.
Didn't say he was bad - just underwhelming.

He scored 36 at Napoli last season just in Serie A. He didn't get near that or get a single hat-trick this season.
And let's be honest his overall Champions League performances were nothing to write home about.

He's a top striker no doubt, but for a marquee 90m signing, I'm sorry if some of us expect better instead of resting on our laurels and patting ourselves on the back.

He hardly scored in all comps in the latter part of the season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
who cares about hat-tricks. juve is about efficiency in the championship. higuain had a near-perfect serie a campaign, scoring when it mattered the most.

in the cl, especially in the final, though...

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Calling one of our best players this season disappointing... If Higuain had a disappointing season then so did everyone else on our team. Strange that with a squad full of disappointing players we would win a double and reach the CL final.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He had a very good season, but he was invivible, yet again, in a very important fixture. It isn't his first time being a non factor in a final, so the criticism and concerns are warranted, but perhaps not justified.

I love all those ifs and buts. We got destroyed in the final, and he didn't contribute enough, and the same goes for everyone else. It doesn't matter what the comments would've been had he won the game. The reality is we lost, and he is accountable, just like everyone else.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I get price is a factor for perception or expectation, but valid only to a point. I check every players thread and I don't notice ANYONE else being dismissed and belittled at all. What makes it odd is this a player who was our best player for the entirety of the season. But he is somehow being scapegoated as our main issue.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
It was a left footer with a worse first touch than Chiellini.

In all honestly, overall Higuain had a disappointing season.

He never came near winning the Serie A capocannoniere and didn't do much (except for that one Monaco match) in UCL. Underwhelming.
Didn't say he was bad - just underwhelming.

He scored 36 at Napoli last season just in Serie A. He didn't get near that or get a single hat-trick this season.
And let's be honest his overall Champions League performances were nothing to write home about.

He's a top striker no doubt, but for a marquee 90m signing, I'm sorry if some of us expect better instead of resting on our laurels and patting ourselves on the back.

He hardly scored in all comps in the latter part of the season.
cockhead

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I get price is a factor for perception or expectation, but valid only to a point. I check every players thread and I don't notice ANYONE else being dismissed and belittled at all. What makes it odd is this a player who was our best player for the entirety of the season. But he is somehow being scapegoated as our main issue.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
agreed. considering only the price of a player would mean that khedira with his 0 price tag have a valid excuse for playing bad in the final.

btw dybala was even a bigger disappointment for me than higuain. regardless of their price tags, both could have done a lot better - just like khedira or dani alves, our free agents with anonymous displays.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dybala had more dissapointing final, MORE DISSAPOINTING SEASON, but since he is (rightfully) our precious darling, you dont hear a god damn peep. Is it because we expect so little from our arguably most hyped star? Nah not at all, and age excuses it to a part too. I'm not advocating for negativity, but its actually quite peculiar how Dybala gets away with things. Besides the big Barca game (and one group game vs City I recall), in his 2 CL seasons, when he has been needed the most he generally been quite underwhelming. He was one of worst players in first tie vs Bayern (as in technically awful, lost every play), and that trend kept up for this CL season too, and lost most balls in final for us. But you wont hear a pip here mostly, because it was decided months ago in the minds of many here that Higauin is the bane of our success.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Dybala had more dissapointing final, MORE DISSAPOINTING SEASON, but since he is (rightfully) our precious darling, you dont hear a god damn peep. Is it because we expect so little from our arguably most hyped star? Nah not at all, and age excuses it to a part too. I'm not advocating for negativity, but its actually quite peculiar how Dybala gets away with things. Besides the big Barca game (and one group game vs City I recall), in his 2 CL seasons, when he has been needed the most he generally been quite underwhelming. He was one of worst players in first tie vs Bayern (as in technically awful, lost every play), and that trend kept up for this CL season too, and lost most balls in final for us. But you wont hear a pip here mostly, because it was decided months ago in the minds of many here that Higauin is the bane of our success.
:tup:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yep. It's all his fault we decided to pay €90M for him :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Plus he would've scored much more had he not been used as a support striker to Mandzukic for a considerable amount of games.
He has actually sacrificed increasing his goal tally for the betterment of the team but yet people are using that same argument to bash him because of the season he had at Napoli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)