Gonzalo Higuaín (9 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It was a left footer with a worse first touch than Chiellini.

In all honestly, overall Higuain had a disappointing season.

He never came near winning the Serie A capocannoniere and didn't do much (except for that one Monaco match) in UCL. Underwhelming.
Imagine he scored 10 goals in the league and 1 goal in the CL final to win the game. Great season then?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
32 goals in his first season where he spend a dozen games finding his position.

Assisted our goal in the final and scored two in the semi finals. Was instrumental in creating space for dybala in the quarters against barcelona

Failed season :tup:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Dybala had more dissapointing final, MORE DISSAPOINTING SEASON, but since he is (rightfully) our precious darling, you dont hear a god damn peep. Is it because we expect so little from our arguably most hyped star? Nah not at all, and age excuses it to a part too. I'm not advocating for negativity, but its actually quite peculiar how Dybala gets away with things. Besides the big Barca game (and one group game vs City I recall), in his 2 CL seasons, when he has been needed the most he generally been quite underwhelming. He was one of worst players in first tie vs Bayern (as in technically awful, lost every play), and that trend kept up for this CL season too, and lost most balls in final for us. But you wont hear a pip here mostly, because it was decided months ago in the minds of many here that Higauin is the bane of our success.
:tup:

That's why I don't mind selling Dybala, also no more Argentinian strikers please.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Dybala had more dissapointing final, MORE DISSAPOINTING SEASON, but since he is (rightfully) our precious darling, you dont hear a god damn peep. Is it because we expect so little from our arguably most hyped star? Nah not at all, and age excuses it to a part too. I'm not advocating for negativity, but its actually quite peculiar how Dybala gets away with things. Besides the big Barca game (and one group game vs City I recall), in his 2 CL seasons, when he has been needed the most he generally been quite underwhelming. He was one of worst players in first tie vs Bayern (as in technically awful, lost every play), and that trend kept up for this CL season too, and lost most balls in final for us. But you wont hear a pip here mostly, because it was decided months ago in the minds of many here that Higauin is the bane of our success.
Havent you heard Osman ?

Its Allegri's fault cause he made him play 10 meters deeper which completely destroyed all his ability

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Higuain was bought to win CL, half his transfer money is basically a bet on now or never success seeing as our team will soon reach the end of a cycle.

Dybala had a very bad final, but overall I would say his CL campaign was better than Higuain's despite being way less inexperienced, playing out of position and having cost 2 times less. Was he really was technically awful this season in CL in your opinion?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Higuain wasn't bought to win the CL, he was bought to improve our team which he quite clearly did.
let me rephrase, the only way Higuain's price can be justified is if we're looking for success right here, right now, in long term he won't improve our team, because let's face it, he'll probably expire as a wc striker in about 2 years time. could we win Serie A and Coppa without him? we did it with Dybala-Mandzukic-Morata-Zaza, we probably could do it if we replaced Morata-Zaza with adequate signings, Higuain was not needed to properly replace Morata-Zaza, he was our bet for CL success and it didn't pay off, at least not this season.

Jun 6, 2015
We'll I certainly don't think it's fair to rate a player solely based on one competition. I wouldn't be surprised if Gonzalo has another 4-5 seasons at the top and certainly wouldn't be surprised if he was even better next season than he was this season. I think Gonzalo is criminally underrated on this forum for some reason.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Higuain, even with his lack of goals in the CL, bailed us in serie A and im positive that thanks to him we won the scudetto.
On top of that he scored a lot of goals, we had a looong time since a striker scored so much, and with the coming upgrades in the summer and a offensive shift in our gameplay (please beppe).... things will get even better.

He was not a failure nor dissapointing. he was a successs.

If anything, Juventus failed him for not feeding him with more scoring chances.

- - - Updated - - -

Higuain was bought to win CL, half his transfer money is basically a bet on now or never success seeing as our team will soon reach the end of a cycle.

Dybala had a very bad final, but overall I would say his CL campaign was better than Higuain's despite being way less inexperienced, playing out of position and having cost 2 times less. Was he really was technically awful this season in CL in your opinion?
While this is true, Higuain did an assist in the final, so he even did more than dybala in the game that mattered.
He did some bad runs... but overall Juventus gave him nothing to work with...while on the other hand Ronaldo received like 4 goal chances.

Ill not give my final verdict on Higuain until we assemble a proper team with enough assisters for him. The top teams all have players that live and die to assist their main marks man...we on the other hand want our main striker to be a defensive midfielder LOl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)