Gonzalo Higuaín (82 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
In what sense? Mandzu and Dybala have been the ones playing out of their "positions". When did Higuain play out of position?

Or going wide for 10 seconds in a game counts now? I think thats somewhat expected for a 90m pricetag.
He played more of a link up role when Dybala was out IIRC. Second striker of sorts.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
In what sense? Mandzu and Dybala have been the ones playing out of their "positions". When did Higuain play out of position?

Or going wide for 10 seconds in a game counts now? I think thats somewhat expected for a 90m pricetag.
Roflmao, brain of a fish ?

Higuain is a pure striker, but the first 10-15 games of the season, he played as a supporting forward or wide option down the right.

He was more out of position than Mandzukic who also plays wide but manages to appear in the box when needed and was contributing a huge amount to the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but still as a striker. Not like Mandzu who played LWB at times lol.
Mandzukic played there when it was needed if we were defending. But he always showed up down the flank when needed. And in the box when needed.

'Out of position' doesnt apply when a player makes a significantly higher contribution then he would in his regular position

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Typical Zach post, starts with an insult, continues with a brilliant argument than Mandzukic was only a little out of position while Higuain was very out of position and ends with an eye opening statement that Mandzukic's change of position did not mean he is out of position after all since he did too good to be out of position :shocked: bravo! I'm sorry for the ginger girl, she must loose all of her arguments since Zach is clearly always right.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
The one thing what really points out on this Higuain transfer is this; he might be our most expensive signing ever, like ever. 10 years from now we will be here discussing games and transfers and remember that Higuain was the most expensive signing we ever made. The difference so far is that guys like Ronaldo and Bale who are up there in top 3 made a huge difference regarding the CL. Has Higuain made that? Will he make that? Naysayers and argumenters for the sake of it like this Zacheryah will say look he didnt get enough service. Im not even criticizing Higuain personally. But for 90m im expecting a massive difference maker.

And it looks worse when you realize neither is a striker. Higuain is the most expensive striker ever. And while CRonaldo and Bale were both in mid 20s, Higuain is turning 30 after 1 season here already.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/transferrekorde

If we dont win the CL in the coming seasons it wont look good long term. We won the league with Matris and Vucinics as well.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The one thing what really points out on this Higuain transfer is this; he might be our most expensive signing ever, like ever. 10 years from now we will be here discussing games and transfers and remember that Higuain was the most expensive signing we ever made. The difference so far is that guys like Ronaldo and Bale who are up there in top 3 made a huge difference regarding the CL. Has Higuain made that? Will he make that? Naysayers and argumenters for the sake of it like this Zacheryah will say look he didnt get enough service. Im not even criticizing Higuain personally. But for 90m im expecting a massive difference maker.

And it looks worse when you realize neither is a striker. Higuain is the most expensive striker ever. And while CRonaldo and Bale were both in mid 20s, Higuain is turning 30 after 1 season here already.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/transferrekorde

If we dont win the CL in the coming seasons it wont look good long term. We won the league with Matris and Vucinics as well.
1- price tag is all on marotta, salary is what you need to hold players to
2- ronaldo is a top ten all time player, while ramos had more of an impact than bale
3- madrid is star-studded top to bottom, while we played a CL final with 0 forwards in the bench

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
2- ronaldo is a top ten all time player, while ramos had more of an impact than bale
3- madrid is star-studded top to bottom, while we played a CL final with 0 forwards in the bench

1- This point will hold for years, i mean just take a moment and think for a second, Higuain is the most expensive striker in the world pricetag wise. And he will possibly be our most expensive signing for years to come. If we dont win the CL (i dont even care if he scores in the final or anything) just that we spent 90m on a player who is all time top 5 most expensive list and we have what to show for it? One CL final where he didnt show up.

2- Bale scored 2-1 in 2014 extra time. Yes Ramos scored the 1-1 in the last minute but Bale put them ahead, it was still important goal. Imagine if 2 weeks ago now after Mandzukic scored 1-1, Higuain would have scored 2-1 for us. Clearly a massive goal under the circumstances, yes/no? I know we can argue about the service not being there, but then buy players who can create on their own. Bale also scored the first goal against Dortmund that season in the QF. And scored 6 goals in total in CL. Which is more than Higuain did (5), a pure striker. And if you say they are different players then again we can question putting all that money on a player like Higuain.

Im not against Higuain, i think on his day he can be very good striker. The questioning is indeed on the management, is 90m on a player like that long term wise decision, not to forget Higuain has a reputation to miss on big games. In the 2014 WC final he had service, but didnt finish those chances off.

3- I dont see what this point has to do with Higuain transfer and his pricetag? So you are actually saying that Real has a great backup option on bench, we dont. Well then maybe we should have bought 2 x 45 mil strikers then? And long term this is something we should actually think about.

I actually think that Allegri really didnt have any "weapons" left on bench. How are guys like Asamoah making the CL bench? You need difference makers on bench for those 5-6 spots, not just players who make up numbers. This is the biggest match in club competition and you have players making up numbers on the bench.

And yes, we are financially behind Real, but we need to think about these bench options as well if the target is CL.

Although, can argue that last season is somewhat of a exception cause we didnt expect all of Mandzu, Dybala, Higuain to start (Cuadrado too in serie A). Many people thought Higuain-Dybala will start at the beginning of the season and Mandzu will rotate. We are wiser now about that.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Why are people obsessed with Higuain's price tag?
By the way, people aren't giving Gonzalo enough credit for the assist. (Imagine how much praise Dani Alves or Dybala would've had for that assist.)

Jvcro

May 11, 2017
Why are people obsessed with Higuain's price tag?
By the way, people aren't giving Gonzalo enough credit for the assist. (Imagine how much praise Dani Alves or Dybala would've had for that assist.)
I see you are his fan. That is ok. I have my favorite also. No matter try look at this realistic. People in every team on the world are obsessed with that price players. With that money we can bring two pretty good for example 40 mil players. Because that is completely normal to expect a lot more of him who was payed like two good(not fantastic) then average price players. I am not against him and I really hope he will play next season same level outside Italy.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I dont think anyone is mad at Higuain for Marotta overpaying, people are just acknowledging that his [lack of] added value in CL makes people wish we spent it differently.

What I am mad about is him not being able to run and fight in the 2nd half, but I'd also be mad at a fat striker that cost us 9m.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Gonzalo will improve greatly next season and will perform in CL once we provide better service. Personally I believe Dybala is the one that doesn't fit and I'd give him the boot. With a solid set of winger backed by competent FB's and two playmakers in a AM and Pjanic, he'll do great. Sell Dybala fund for someone with more desire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)