Gonzalo Higuaín (68 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Except for the finals part
I wouldnt consider our last 2 finals as choking. That Milan team was no walk in the park and we missed Nedved. That Barca team was clear favorites going into the final. Forget the players they have, the experience of being in the latter stages of the CL was a huge difference between both teams.

We did lose a couple of finals where we were favorites but the rest is exaggeration. The chokers in finals tag is too harsh in my opinion

Apr 19, 2007
Yeah but we made the final which should mean you can contend with any team you play. Its not Chievo choked against Juve type of statement. We just beat Real Madrid the weeks previous so we should have been capable. Choke is a strong word but we have underachieved in the final

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Nah, Higuain definitely chokes :D

But in general, the word is used wayy to much. Like, Arsenal didn't choke against Bayern. They're just way worse and collapsed.

Choking means not managing to to succeed infornt of a supposedly simple challenge, eapecially due to mental factors & on important occasions.

Like Higuain and his 1 on 1s in impirtant matches. Or Milan 2005 after being 3:0 up.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nah, Higuain definitely chokes :D

But in general, the word is used wayy to much. Like, Arsenal didn't choke against Bayern. They're just way worse and collapsed.

Choking means not managing to to succeed infornt of a supposedly simple challenge, eapecially due to mental factors & on important occasions.

Like Higuain and his 1 on 1s in impirtant matches. Or Milan 2005 after being 3:0 up.
Like Juventus against Hamburg in the 1983 Cup Final. :sergio:

Or 1997 against Dortmund :sergio:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Like Juventus against Hamburg in the 1983 Cup Final. :sergio:

Or 1997 against Dortmund :sergio:
Or Bayern Munich in 1999 and 2012 :shifty: Just to make you feel better mate, we also had our fair share of choking, now its Real and Barcas turn. Sometimes I wonder how the fuck players that are quite big favorites can fuck it up that much.

Jun 6, 2015
I think this choking narrative is just another silly generic tag. Can be attached to anyone/any team that has had a bad performance or two in deciding games. Once you got it there is no way to get rid of it as everyone will always be extra critical because of it.

When it comes to Higuain he has scored in most of our big domestic head-to-heads against direct rivals (Roma and Napoli). In the CL it's been a bit more quiet but not seen anything to warrant anyone to use that silly tag.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I think this choking narrative is just another silly generic tag. Can be attached to anyone/any team that has had a bad performance or two in deciding games. Once you got it there is no way to get rid of it as everyone will always be extra critical because of it.

When it comes to Higuain he has scored in most of our big domestic head-to-heads against direct rivals (Roma and Napoli). In the CL it's been a bit more quiet but not seen anything to warrant anyone to use that silly tag.
Yeah but Higuain has done it so many times by now.

His record in CL knock-out rounds & finals is too big to be a coincidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)