Gonzalo Higuaín (57 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 26, 2016
If I'm not wrong you did dismiss that Maradona's behaviour in general and towards his son was the definition of neglect.

So in other words, you are just opinionated without knowledge on the subject. Of course it is bold of me to expect someone on the internet - that makes such a claim - to be more than a layman. I was wrong. My bad.

So I can tell you - as someone who worked with neglected and handicapped children for almost ten years (first as a student, then as a career) - that Maradona's behaviour is neglect. One of the most damaging emotions a child can experience is the feeling of not being wanted by a parent, it makes them question themself in a manner that often scares them for life, leaving a void rarely to be filled. Maradona's behaviour towards his son have most liekly 'caused such emotions. So Maradona did neglect his son (and arguably that's not the only form of neglect; drug abuse, public denial etc.).

Now to the part whether or not Maradona is excused. This is all down to personal opinion. I've met plenty of parents to neglected children, rarely have any of them done it with bad intent. Nevertheless it's always the adults that are responsible and in this case Maradona failed to meet to his responsibility, furthermore I do seem to remember another child (Jana) that Maradona snubbed for years as well - becoming a pattern.
Lol , first of all: how can you just bash other people as clueless if they dont give them the details you want. thats a pretty nazi and ignorant way of looking at people.

I too have worked with challenged people, seen stories and made up my opinions. Just because you worked with a guy in a wheelchair does not give you superiority over other people in a debate:

You might come with valuable experience, indeeed, but i have mine too: i worked in a hospital, as a social worker in a challenged neigbourhood and in different schools with troubled children. It does not mean i have to impose my background on people to ensure them of my superiority on a matter.

If you want to bring this into a $hit throwing contest, i wont be joining you.

What Maradona did was neglective, but not total neglect. He has reconsiled with his son. His son has received financial backing and is now in contact with his father, who publicly has stated his mistakes and is intent on making things good. That sounds to me as a bridge built, not destroyed.

I agree on your point about the neglect being very damaging in childhood, as it is proven. However, his son turned out pretty good compared other neglected children and still benefits from his fathers status. This does not excuse the fathers behaviour, but is a fortunate thing and a positive factor in the bigger picture.

And offcourse, the parents are always responsible. He failed to meet his responsibility, but has decided to turn things around. This is a sign of a man with an urge to do things better than before, and is something that I respect.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
This insult makes no sense :lol:

"Hey you work with neglected children, yeah that's why you are an asshole" :lol:

@Hængebøffer that's why you are also an asshole!!!!? Din skide pædagog.
pls, it's not an insult, it's a compliment, to me it makes all the sense in the world. :p tough job, dealing with traumatized kids and having all that anger towards their inadequate parents, I'd want to release my anger on tuz as well, it's only natural you seem like an asshole. hang in there

the Hangesksdkjfhsdk guy is working in the same line? I'm not sure who's the bigger asshole on tuz between you two, but I'm glad for him as well. I'm genuine here, you 2 have great reasons to be the way you are, keep up the good work

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
pls, it's not an insult, it's a compliment, to me it makes all the sense in the world. :p tough job, dealing with traumatized kids and having all that anger towards their inadequate parents, I'd want to release my anger on tuz as well, it's only natural you seem like an asshole. hang in there

the Hangesksdkjfhsdk guy is working in the same line? I'm not sure who's the bigger asshole on tuz between you two, but I'm glad for him as well
Danes are assholes.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I was screaming let someone else take it. His first was pk was trash.

oh well, he's been brilliant besides that.

- - - Updated - - -

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Fuckin knew he would miss :lol:
Same

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly pjanic shoulda taken it, but higgy was on a hat trick I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)