Gonzalo Higuaín (54 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Icardi may be a prick but Maradona's over the top hatred of him is kind of silly.

Doesn't Maradona have an illegitimate son in Italy that he denied for the kids whole life? Worse than what Icardi did imo.

May 26, 2016
Icardi may be a prick but Maradona's over the top hatred of him is kind of silly.

Doesn't Maradona have an illegitimate son in Italy that he denied for the kids whole life? Worse than what Icardi did imo.
No way, Diego reconsiled with his son and has a good relationship with him. They speak regularly and he publicly went out and talked in depth about how he did his son wrong. Everyone can make mistakes and especially considering what kind of personal problems Maradona had at that time (drug problems, involvements with the mafia, papparazzis following him 24/7)

Its just that what Icardi did is way less forgiving. He basically went behind one of his bestfriends back, and was a total snake in every sense of the word. Contributed to destroy Maxi's family life and brought it into the media too. He didnt even show any remorse for it.

He is probably a weak individual since he let Wanda manipulate him, but that does not excuse his absolute egoistic, non human way of showing no sense of regret.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No way, Diego reconsiled with his son and has a good relationship with him. They speak regularly and he publicly went out and talked in depth about how he did his son wrong. Everyone can make mistakes and especially considering what kind of personal problems Maradona had at that time (drug problems, involvements with the mafia, papparazzis following him 24/7)

Its just that what Icardi did is way less forgiving. He basically went behind one of his bestfriends back, and was a total snake in every sense of the word. Contributed to destroy Maxi's family life and brought it into the media too. He didnt even show any remorse for it.

He is probably a weak individual since he let Wanda manipulate him, but that does not excuse his absolute egoistic, non human way of showing no sense of regret.
yeah, from what has been made public about that scandal Icardi does seem like a total douche who deserves everything that's coming his way. hopefully he stays at Inter for life.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

What? Neglecting your child for more than 20 years isn't as bad? Holy fuck.. your moral compass.

May 26, 2016
What? Neglecting your child for more than 20 years isn't as bad? Holy $#@!.. your moral compass.
You are cherry picking the facts here. He did not totally neglect him for 20 years, thats not true. The problem was that his mother and Diego never planned to establish a family, and when it happened it became a big scandal. It was unexpected.

Diego still gave them financial backing and support, but he was absent because of his work, drug problems/personal issues and generally not having a tight bond with the mother of his son.

Another factor was that he transferred from Napoli to Sevilla when his son was only 6 years old. At that time his son was already established in Napoli and it would be a challenge to bring him over to Spain.

He was tired of the hysterical 24/7 paparazzi life in Naples, and needed a change, also because the lifestyle he lived was getting dangerous (cocaine addiction, involvements with the mafia etc)

This is more understandable to me, than what Icardi did: who for pure greed went and stabbed his friend in the back, and later poses with his sons like nothing has happened

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, from what has been made public about that scandal Icardi does seem like a total douche who deserves everything that's coming his way. hopefully he stays at Inter for life.
:tup:

hope so too. i dont want him here.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
You are cherry picking the facts here. He did not totally neglect him for 20 years, thats not true. The problem was that his mother and Diego never planned to establish a family, and when it happened it became a big scandal. It was unexpected.

Diego still gave them financial backing and support, but he was absent because of his work, drug problems/personal issues and generally not having a tight bond with the mother of his son.

Another factor was that he transferred from Napoli to Sevilla when his son was only 6 years old. At that time his son was already established in Napoli and it would be a challenge to bring him over to Spain.

He was tired of the hysterical 24/7 paparazzi life in Naples, and needed a change, also because the lifestyle he lived was getting dangerous (cocaine addiction, involvements with the mafia etc)

This is more understandable to me, than what Icardi did: who for pure greed went and stabbed his friend in the back, and later poses with his sons like nothing has happened
The above is the definition of neglect.

May 26, 2016
The above is the definition of neglect.
No its not. Total neglect is telling someone to fu$k off/or ignoring them and never contacting them again. That's not the case here.

Besides, Its easy for you to judge, posting on this forum in 2018. You dont know the problems he went under. Im pretty sure if you looked further into it you would be a little more understandable of my stance in this.

I have seen countless of hours of Diego documentaries and the time he had in Naples was absolute insane: he basically became a god, understandable that he made mistakes, especially considering his background. He lived in a house made of plastic as a child.

May 26, 2016
Out of curiosity, what is your background and knowledge on developmental psychology since you seem to have such a great knowledge on child neglect; in particular emotional neglect, that you are able to refuse that Maradona should have neglected his son?
How is that relevant? do i need your approvement of my character/background to argue a point? i never asked for yours.

it seems you are taking this with a bitter tone, instead of being open minded. And on top of that twisting my words:

I do not refuse that he neglected his son, im saying he had difficult and complicated times in his life and was prone to mistakes. In his position it was understandable. Its not easy balancing a life of extreme stardom and at the same time being a loving family man.

If that is too provocative for your eyes to read, then we should find other things to do.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
How is that relevant? do i need your approvement of my character/background to argue a point? i never asked for yours.

you are taking this with a bitter tone, instead of being open minded. And on top of that twisting my words:

I do not refuse that he neglected his son, im saying he had difficult and complicated times in his life and was prone to mistakes. In his position it was understandable. Its not easy balancing a life of extreme stardom and at the same time being a loving family man.

If that is too provocative for your eyes to read, then we should find other things to do.
If I'm not wrong you did dismiss that Maradona's behaviour in general and towards his son was the definition of neglect.

No its not. Total neglect is telling someone to fu$k off/or ignoring them and never contacting them again. That's not the case here.
So in other words, you are just opinionated without knowledge on the subject. Of course it is bold of me to expect someone on the internet - that makes such a claim - to be more than a layman. I was wrong. My bad.

So I can tell you - as someone who worked with neglected and handicapped children for almost ten years (first as a student, then as a career) - that Maradona's behaviour is neglect. One of the most damaging emotions a child can experience is the feeling of not being wanted by a parent, it makes them question themself in a manner that often scares them for life, leaving a void rarely to be filled. Maradona's behaviour towards his son have most liekly 'caused such emotions. So Maradona did neglect his son (and arguably that's not the only form of neglect; drug abuse, public denial etc.).

Now to the part whether or not Maradona is excused. This is all down to personal opinion. I've met plenty of parents to neglected children, rarely have any of them done it with bad intent. Nevertheless it's always the adults that are responsible and in this case Maradona failed to meet to his responsibility, furthermore I do seem to remember another child (Jana) that Maradona snubbed for years as well - becoming a pattern.

Maradona was a great footballer, but a pathetic excuse of a father.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
this explains so much, good to know that there's a good reason for you being an asshole
This insult makes no sense :lol:

"Hey you work with neglected children, yeah that's why you are an asshole" :lol:

@Hængebøffer that's why you are also an asshole!!!!? Din skide pædagog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)