Gonzalo Higuaín (57 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He needs to play, the rotation BS needs to stop. Higuain should play every game just like he did for Napoli. You don't score 20+ goals a season if you rotated or never get the chance to have a few bad games. I want to see him fully integrated in our game sooner rather than later.

Mandzukic is his reserve, end of.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
There will be pressure from the board if Higuaín doesn't start soon enough in all games. He's a fucking €90M signing and been 10x more effective than Mandžukić every time he's stepped on the field. Media and board pressure will make Allegri react.

You got a world class squad and with that comes high expectations. If you can't handle the pressure and manage the wave of expectations , then you got no place being here. It's that damn simple. This team has to take one step further. We can't listen to Del Neri-esque speeches no more simply because of the quality of the personnel we have at our disposal and this is no emotional outburst. This team absolutely has the quality to make that step up so honestly I can't sit here listening to the coach's excuses every time or people directing the blame at other individuals.

And yes, if this squad fails to get past QF of CL, it will be seen as a failure in my book.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I agree with that, but midfield is definitely is a problem.

That being said, let's stop pretending that we have a killer midfield. Allegri is currently deploying tactics that we used when our midfield was stellar.

Ok, midfield is weakened? Let's stop pretending we have a great midfield. Play to our strengths instead. What do we have? We have a killer attack, a great defense, and wonderful fullbacks.

This may be sort of "Maifredi"-like, but I would like to see something like this against Cagliari:

Pjaca Higuain Dybala
Pjanic
Khedira Lemina
Sandro Chiellini Bonucci Alves
Buffon

Sure, we may get shipped a goal or even two. But does that even matter when we win 5-2?

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: With Cuadrado as a supersub, at some point in the 2nd half.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006

That being said, let's stop pretending that we have a killer midfield. Allegri is currently deploying tactics that we used when our midfield was stellar.

Ok, midfield is weakened? Let's stop pretending we have a great midfield. Play to our strengths instead. What do we have? We have a killer attack, a great defense, and wonderful fullbacks.

This may be sort of "Maifredi"-like, but I would like to see something like this against Cagliari:

Pjaca Higuain Dybala
Pjanic
Khedira Lemina
Buffon

Sure, we may get shipped a goal or even two. But does that even matter when we win 5-2?

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There will be pressure from the board if Higuaín doesn't start soon enough in all games. He's a fucking €90M signing and been 10x more effective than Mandžukić every time he's stepped on the field. Media and board pressure will make Allegri react.

You got a world class squad and with that comes high expectations. If you can't handle the pressure and manage the wave of expectations , then you got no place being here. It's that damn simple. This team has to take one step further. We can't listen to Del Neri-esque speeches no more simply because of the quality of the personnel we have at our disposal and this is no emotional outburst. This team absolutely has the quality to make that step up so honestly I can't sit here listening to the coach's excuses every time or people directing the blame at other individuals.

And yes, if this squad fails to get past QF of CL, it will be seen as a failure in my book.
100%

We absolutely have to be playing CL Semis or the season is a total failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Pjaca Higuain Dybala
Pjanic
Khedira Lemina
Buffon

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

Can easily change the formation to a 4-4-2 in game by replacing one of the mids with Cuadrado.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
It's the Mandzocrush. Allegri is trying to make justice to his favourite one.
And this obsession is hurting the team. In addition to constant rotation, stupid tactics and poor selection of players. It was understandable last year while Morata was not in form to rotate but not now and especially not in important games. Higuain has not been injured in months, played every game for Napoli except when he was banned for several games.

Apr 29, 2006
One thing I do wonder about Allegri's logic though:

If we are playing Mandzukic from the start because he is more physical, wouldn't the same apply on the backside with subbing him in as a fresh player later on? Say we are playing the first half mostly on the counter or with passes behind lines, since Inter is trying to press the shit out of us. Higuain is times faster and in this environment he would kill sprinting merdas strong and tall defenders or put them in a position for a red card. Dybala, Pjanic and Bonucci say YES too.

Later on when they are tired and/or carded get Mandzukic fresh off to wrestle them off and keep tired Inter in their box. Maybe win a penalty/foul and get somebody out of the game with his 'sporting' personality too.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'm sure Allegri's decision of playing Mandzukic was not technical. It was to make the guy feel valued and useful. He gambled again, hoping Mandzukic could score and regain confidence, knowing the team could be damaged by this. And again it was a bad decision.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'm sure Allegri's decision of playing Mandzukic was not technical. It was to make the guy feel valued and useful. He gambled again, hoping Mandzukic could score and regain confidence, knowing the team could be damaged by this. And again it was a bad decision.
:cookie:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well at the very least we all agree that the 352 with this out of synch midfielders cant hold up the team.

Is not about saying allegri sucks or our team sucks... is that simply we dont have the mvp anymore and we cant pretend that this formations will work in the same manner.

We need to shift the focus of our play fron the midfielder to onwards, int could be the wings or with a treq, but right now, allegri is simply being masochist.

And higuain neds to start everygame while mandz can come in the min 75 or so. That is clear too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)