Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (189 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
not that he's a bad player by any means, but to be the most expensive and highest payed player of a club like juve, you have to be special. and he's not.

i still can't believe this is happening, and we're letting pogba leave. only a cl win will justify this move.

- - - Updated - - -

50m next year, and we don't have to pay the 2nd 45m, since he won't be our player anymore? :baus:
He's a top 3 CF in the world. We're paying him wages based on market level. Eventually some player at juve can go and earn 10M net a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, should be like that, but perhaps they dont want to wait ?
True but you would think Higuain #9 jersey could sell equally well ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He's a top 3 CF in the world. We're paying him wages based on market level. Eventually some player at juve can go and earn 10M net a year.

- - - Updated - - -

True but you would think Higuain #9 jersey could sell equally well ?
#9 used to be the bomb, ronaldo comes to mind, and various others. When football had good strikers, they would eat eachother alive for the #9

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
Higuain waits for Juventus OK

Gonzalo Higuain is ready to join Juventus, but is waiting for the all-clear from his new club.

The Bianconeri have agreed a contract with the Napoli striker after he took a secret medical in Madrid, and are prepared to pay his €90m release clause.

It was reported last night that the Old Lady still hope to open negotiations with his current club to lower the cash price, and this morning Gazzetta dello Sport echoes that.

The newspaper believes that on Saturday, Juve general manager Giuseppe Marotta offered Partenopei President Aurelio De Laurentiis the possibility of opening negotiations.

That would see one or more players inserted into the deal to lower the cost, with Stefano Sturaro, Roberto Pereyra, Daniele Rugani, Neto and Simone Zaza all options.

De Laurentiis took a few days to consider the proposal and his reply is expected this evening, though it’s thought he’ll insist that the Turin side pay the release clause.

Having declared that Pipita would only leave if somebody activate the clause, the patron cannot be seen to back down to Juventus, especially since the deal will see Napoli’s star man moving to their most hated rivals.

Higuain didn’t turn up for pre-season with the Partenopei yesterday, indicating that he will not be returning, and is thought to be waiting for the nod to fly to Turin.

The Argentinian striker is still in Spain, but will join up with his new teammates in the next day or two, once the Old Lady activate his release clause.

Football Italia staff

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
top3 is debatable, just like the importance of cf's in modern football. anyway, there's no other club in europe who would actually pay 90m for higuain. also, there are only a couple of clubs that would give him wages of above 5m/year, but none of them would pay more than 55-60m for him.

we'll massively overpay if these rumored financial details are remotely true.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Higuain waits for Juventus OK

Gonzalo Higuain is ready to join Juventus, but is waiting for the all-clear from his new club.

The Bianconeri have agreed a contract with the Napoli striker after he took a secret medical in Madrid, and are prepared to pay his €90m release clause.

It was reported last night that the Old Lady still hope to open negotiations with his current club to lower the cash price, and this morning Gazzetta dello Sport echoes that.

The newspaper believes that on Saturday, Juve general manager Giuseppe Marotta offered Partenopei President Aurelio De Laurentiis the possibility of opening negotiations.

That would see one or more players inserted into the deal to lower the cost, with Stefano Sturaro, Roberto Pereyra, Daniele Rugani, Neto and Simone Zaza all options.

De Laurentiis took a few days to consider the proposal and his reply is expected this evening, though it’s thought he’ll insist that the Turin side pay the release clause.

Having declared that Pipita would only leave if somebody activate the clause, the patron cannot be seen to back down to Juventus, especially since the deal will see Napoli’s star man moving to their most hated rivals.

Higuain didn’t turn up for pre-season with the Partenopei yesterday, indicating that he will not be returning, and is thought to be waiting for the nod to fly to Turin.

The Argentinian striker is still in Spain, but will join up with his new teammates in the next day or two, once the Old Lady activate his release clause.

Football Italia staff

OK, maybe if someone can help me understand this. If you are ADL, why would you accept Juve players + cash for Higuain when you can just get the release clause?

Say for example, say Juve player "X" is worth 20m and the buy out clause is 90m. Why would it be better for them to accept Player X + 70m? Is there an accounting motivation? Let's put pride aside here and think of it rationally for a moment.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
top3 is debatable, just like the importance of cf's in modern football. anyway, there's no other club in europe who would actually pay 90m for higuain. also, there are only a couple of clubs that would give him wages of above 5m/year, but none of them would pay more than 55-60m for him.

That is absolutely untrue. He already earns 5.5M net at Napoli. He's in the peak of his career. Of course he'll command a last big contract.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
OK, maybe if someone can help me understand this. If you are ADL, why would you accept Juve players + cash for Higuain when you can just get the release clause?

Say for example, say Juve player "X" is worth 20m and the buy out clause is 90m. Why would it be better for them to accept Player X + 70m? Is there an accounting motivation? Let's put pride aside here and think of it rationally for a moment.
The only reason to do so might be that if he make Juve pay 90M, and THEN asks for a player X from Juve that he WANTS, I'm sure Juve will be asking for more than 20M,because they know they just paid him alot, and he didn't want to negotiate.

If he's not really after one of our guys, no reason to do it sure. Get the 90M and thats it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
That is absolutely untrue. He already earns 5.5M net at Napoli. He's in the peak of his career. Of course he'll command a last big contract.
ok

according to some sources, currently pogba earns about ~5,5m at juve, that's already a big contract. 7,5m is the highest in juve's history, and ffs, it's fucking soon-to-be-29-year-old higuain. gonzalo higuain, who left real because of benzema, and while constantly scoring above 20 goals (just a couple of more than mandzukic before joining juve), he only had one single terrific season by butchering serie a minnows. if that justifies his price tag and wages, then i don't know absolutely fucking morning about football.

i still need your opinion on the bold parts:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

You can't argument Higuain had 'one good season', and even if you did it would be a massive record shaking 36-goals-in-the-league-season!

He's an absolute top player but most importantly - he's the final puzzle in our piece. And we're going for a highly expensive Higuain partly because not only will it promise us a fair amount of goals both in Serie A and CL, it'll also weaken our direct rivals, and empower our chances of winning the league smoother allowing for CL priorities come 2017 at the later stages..

We're aiming to become one of the biggest brands in football today. Better make some headlines, print some shirts and go out and win. People will recognize Juve as a team that can win the CL - ranking us world top 4.When we get such a chance, we better take it.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Dybala is acceptable but Higuain!!!!!!!!!!!
I was planning of buying his shirt (if we keep Pogs, I'm not gonna give money to these crooks so they keep selling our best player and steal my moneys too!!!) but #10 on him is disgrace.

- - - Updated - - -

#10 on that scumbag!!!!
I'm sorry I was pro Higuain from the beginning but with #10 he can fucking stay at Napoli and get their #10 shirt stay the fuck away from ours some Madrid reject wearing Ale's number you crazy?!?!?????!???????!!!!!!
Shiiiit!!!! Why didn't he take it at Napoli being a real Argentine and all, stay the fuck away from it if you know wassup Gonzalo don't make me hate u. Pls. Pls. Don't.
Kolo went to Celtic :sad:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
You can't argument Higuain had 'one good season', and even if you did it would be a massive record shaking 36-goals-in-the-league-season!

He's an absolute top player but most importantly - he's the final puzzle in our piece. And we're going for a highly expensive Higuain partly because not only will it promise us a fair amount of goals both in Serie A and CL, it'll also weaken our direct rivals, and empower our chances of winning the league smoother allowing for CL priorities come 2017 at the later stages..

We're aiming to become one of the biggest brands in football today. Better make some headlines, print some shirts and go out and win. People will recognize Juve as a team that can win the CL - ranking us world top 4.When we get such a chance, we better take it.
:tup:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

He's an absolute top player but most importantly - he's the final puzzle in our piece. And we're going for a highly expensive Higuain partly because not only will it promise us a fair amount of goals both in Serie A and CL, it'll also weaken our direct rivals, and empower our chances of winning the league smoother allowing for CL priorities come 2017 and the later stages..

We want to become big brand? We better make some headlines, print some shirts and go out and win. People will recognize Juve as a team that can win the CL - ranking us world top 4. And if we stand to such a chance we better take it.
without dybala, we scored 4 goals against bayern, probably the best team we faced during the last couple of years. and we conceded 6. we need better refs and better midfield (depth). now we're selling our best midfielder (who's btw the most marketable footballer these days), and splashing the funds on a striker that we don't need desperately.

do you see higuain scoring our winner in the cl final? i don't. do you see us suffer because of the absence of marchisio, khedira and pogba in a cl quarterfinal or even group match when we field a midfield of pjanic, matic, asamoah? i do.

i'd rather have the strongest midfield with dybala-mandzukic up front than a crippled midfield with dybala-higuain. and take it easy, it's just an opinion. i like to be proven wrong by the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 188)