Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (6 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Overpaying in transfer fees , yes. But not in wages. That is standard market level wages for a world class striker. You talk like he's some Di Natale while he averages 30 goals a season and almost carried Napoli to a league title. He also scored against all the top 4 sides in Serie A last season.

don't twist my words. i'm just saying that he's not a 90m or a 7,5m/season player, at least not based on his career history, and no way i would spend the majority of the pogba money on him.

higuain is a huge gamble. if the rumors are accurate, he's a 155m financial risk for 4 years, with no considerable resale value after he's 30. either we win at least a cl with him, or we are burning a large chunk of $$$. it's not my money of course, still, a part of me wants beppe to spend wisely. and while we'll surely have a stacked attack, our midfield will most likely suffer a downgrade if we'll have no money left for classy midfielders like pogba, marchisio or vidal were. pjanic is a cool pogba replacement, but the rumored reinforcements like matic or witsel are either not on the market or simply underwhelming. i still remember what happened to real when they sold makelele, and shifted their focus on their attack.

again, let's win that fucking cl with higuain and then you can laugh at me. until then, if pogba is sold, i'd rather focus on the midfield instead of spending unreal money on higuain. if we keep pogba, higuain is more than welcome.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Worldclass is a not a clear concept. Without Pogba and without Marchisio for most of the season, our midfield is Sturaro-Pjanic-Khedira. If Khedira gets injured we have Sturaro-Hernanes-Pjanic or Sturaro-Lemina-Pjanic. Or maybe if we are extremely lucky we can rely on Asamoah. In any case, maybe that's world class for you, but for me it's not good enough.

Whether we can get Verratti or Kroos if we give up Pogba, we just don't know.

As to keeping Pogba and getting Higuain - turn you brain on and look at our finances and our spending in the last 5 years and the trend. Unfortunately, you have your head to deep in your ass you won't do that. What's worse is that even if we get Higuain and sell Pogba you won't admit you were wrong. You'll say: "that doesn't mean we couldn't have kept Pogba if he hadn't asked to leave, blah blah, I'm not taking my head out of my ass."

As to Hguain being the best cf in the world :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PS. Does that mean you don't jerk off to pictures of Ronaldo every morning any more?
See, you seemb to be wanting to make that same mistake. Higuain and Pogba are not tied to each other financially. When Pogba would be sold, there will be an entire new mercato for new CM's. Its not a 'pogba = pjanic+higuain'.

So we are worldclass with Pogba in the midfield at the moment, and we'll make purchases if he leaves.

You have seen the various calculations on how we can finacially afford this, tho its a big strain, but if we'd sell pogba, we have a load more to purchase. Yet you ignore this. Why ? fuck knows why.

Higuain is arguably the best CF in the world. Up there with Suarez, Lewandowski and Cavani. They all got specific speciallities, but Higuain is the most complete of the 3, so thats why 'arguably"

Ronaldo is not a striker. He's an inside left wingforward, and absolutely amazing if he can play that role

- - - Updated - - -

don't twist my words. i'm just saying that he's not a 90m or a 7,5m/season player, at least not based on his career history, and no way i would spend the majority of the pogba money on him.

higuain is a huge gamble. if the rumors are accurate, he's a 155m financial risk for 4 years, with no considerable resale value after he's 30. either we win at least a cl with him, or we are burning a large chunk of $$$. it's not my money of course, still, a part of me wants beppe to spend wisely. and while we'll surely have a stacked attack, our midfield will most likely suffer a downgrade if we'll have no money left for classy midfielders like pogba, marchisio or vidal were. pjanic is a cool pogba replacement, but the rumored reinforcements like matic or witsel are either not on the market or simply underwhelming. i still remember what happened to real when they sold makelele, and shifted their focus on their attack.

again, let's win that fucking cl with higuain and then you can laugh at me. until then, if pogba is sold, i'd rather focus on the midfield instead of spending unreal money on higuain. if we keep pogba, higuain is more than welcome.
Resale value matters when you spend alot of money for a player who has big growt margain and many years ahead to make his way up
Resale value doesnt matter when you buy a player in his prime who wont improve, and is allready at the very top level.

it matters for Morata, who can hope to become remotely as effective as Higuain. It doesnt when you buy a player who is allready there, and you basically want 4 absolute best years.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@Zacheryah you're right about the resale value, and that's only one part of the deal why it is a huge gamble. if he fails to deliver, the money is practically lost.

we're about to see the greatness of higuain compared to morata. alvaro scored 5 goals during the knockout matches, including a goal in the final. good luck to higuain matching this.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
@Juliano13 Did you just say Pogba + €€€ for Verratti and Cavani... Really!? Why would PSG do that for God's sake...?
If they want Pogba, they'll do it. Certainly more realistic than Pogba for Verratti + Cavani + $$$.

What some people don't seem to understand is that resources are limited, even for PSG and Man City. Otherwise they would buy Messi and Ronaldo for 500m. All transfers should involve a cost benefit analysis. "Pogba is not for sale at any price" or "getting Higuain is worth it at any price" is retardation.

- - - Updated - - -

You have seen the various calculations on how we can finacially afford this, tho its a big strain, but if we'd sell pogba, we have a load more to purchase. Yet you ignore this. Why ? fuck knows why.
I've seen them and they remind me of
hqdefault.jpg

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
If they want Pogba, they'll do it. Certainly more realistic than Pogba for Verratti + Cavani + $$$.

What some people don't seem to understand is that resources are limited, even for PSG and Man City. Otherwise they would buy Messi and Ronaldo for 500m. All transfers should involve a cost benefit analysis. "Pogba is not for sale at any price" or "getting Higuain is worth it at any price" is retardation.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody would give up Pogba over Verratti and Cavani. Nobody.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

Underpants Gnomes :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
See, you seemb to be wanting to make that same mistake. Higuain and Pogba are not tied to each other financially. When Pogba would be sold, there will be an entire new mercato for new CM's. Its not a 'pogba = pjanic+higuain'.

So we are worldclass with Pogba in the midfield at the moment, and we'll make purchases if he leaves.

Higuain is arguably the best CF in the world. Up there with Suarez, Lewandowski and Cavani. They all got specific speciallities, but Higuain is the most complete of the 3, so thats why 'arguably"

Ronaldo is not a striker. He's an inside left wingforward, and absolutely amazing if he can play that role

- - - Updated - - -

Resale value matters when you spend alot of money for a player who has big growt margain and many years ahead to make his way up
Resale value doesnt matter when you buy a player in his prime who wont improve, and is allready at the very top level.

it matters for Morata, who can hope to become remotely as effective as Higuain. It doesnt when you buy a player who is allready there, and you basically want 4 absolute best years.
Wow never seen someone overrate Higuain THIS much. Not even Hist

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
@Zacheryah you're right about the resale value, and that's only one part of the deal why it is a huge gamble. if he fails to deliver, the money is practically lost.

we're about to see the greatness of higuain compared to morata. alvaro scored 5 goals during the knockout matches, including a goal in the final. good luck to higuain matching this.
:agree:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Nobody would give up Pogba over Verratti and Cavani. Nobody.
lolwat you just said why would PSG do that, meaning that they wouldnt agree. Now you are saying the opposite. Make up your mind.

For me Verratti + Cavani >= Pogba in terms of money. In terms of ability just Verratti > Pogba.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
lolwat you just said why would PSG do that, meaning that they wouldnt agree. Now you are saying the opposite. Make up your mind.

For me Verratti + Cavani >= Pogba in terms of money. In terms of ability just Verratti > Pogba.
So with that being said, why would PSG do that? And give up their top goal scoring option as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, I'd easily give Pogba if we're getting Cavani and Verratti. Easily.

And I love Pogba.
Yeah, but there is no way that PSG does that.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
So with that being said, why would PSG do that? And give up their top goal scoring option as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but there is no way that PSG does that.
The probably won't, but everyone has a price. And in this market today Pogba is balues higher than Verratti. Also Pogba is French, so it makes sense for them to want him.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

They wouldn't agree indeed and now I'm only adding no sane person wants that from their side, not our side if it wasn't entirely clear. My sentence was wrongly constructed idd.

Besides these trading deals barely happen. And PSG for sure is not letting go of those two. They already lost Ibra... It's mere fantacalcio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)