Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (170 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Is Ronaldo a choker because he has missed oppertunities in big games? Griezman missed a pk in CL final. It happens. He doesnt go missing in big matches like some do or is better against lower sides in the league than in big moments
with the choking logic some have everyone is a choker.... how many big goals did Del Piero miss?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
We have won the scudetto at ease without Higuain though. I hope you're right and I really like the player, but i just don't see him to be the difference between what we can achieve without him and what we want to achieve (being a serious CL contender/a regular semi-finalist in the next few years), so the price tag to me is unjustifiable, and for Higuain of all people to carry such a heavy price tag is a little disturbing. I sure hope i'm wrong.
:tup:

We're paying an insane amount of money for a player that will barely improve our squad.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
with the choking logic some have everyone is a choker.... how many big goals did Del Piero miss?
He missed a couple in the euro 2000 final and was sometimes known to go missing in big finals but he definatly was not a choker. He scored some of Juve's most important goals in some of our biggest games.

Higuians chocking record is so much worst but tbh i get what your saying and i kind of agree.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We have won the scudetto at ease without Higuain though. I hope you're right and I really like the player, but i just don't see him to be the difference between what we can achieve without him and what we want to achieve (being a serious CL contender/a regular semi-finalist in the next few years), so the price tag to me is unjustifiable, and for Higuain of all people to carry such a heavy price tag is a little disturbing. I sure hope i'm wrong.
We would have won the Scudetto if this team were the exact same team as last year as well.

These moves are not about the Scudetto. Taking Pjanic away from Roma and Higuain from Napoli basically crushed their chances of even competing with us in Italy. I don't think this board is even thinking about Italy right now. Way beyond that.

- - - Updated - - -

How much is he really worth in todays market?

My guess is about 45m.

How is a 28 year old goal scoring machine worth only 45 million in today's market? I'm curious as to how that is possible. Then what is Cavani worth? 35? But yet people preferred to get him at 60 million

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Who would you all want instead then? Morata isn't even in the same planet as Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

In a market where Sterling went for 50 million pounds, I'd say about 65.
Buy what you think is a good deal now, save rest for opportunities in the future. Morata just started and hes already been to CL fibal twice. Clutch player who can still get better.
So market value of rugani is 70 mil too since stones went for 45 mil pounds? Man city dealings were never the market barometer

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Buy what you think is a good deal now, save rest for opportunities in the future. Morata just started and hes already been to CL fibal twice. Clutch player who can still get better.
So market value of rugani is 70 mil too since stones went for 45 mil pounds? Man city dealings were never the market barometer
No but ultimately the market dictates the price. We needed a striker, how many good ones are available? How many willing to come to Italy, how many top strikers willing to accept our wage cap?

We were lucky there was a release clause or we'd be starting the season with Zaza as our backup striker. We've landed one of the best number 9's in the world, despite being overvalued by about 20 million he's still quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Griezmann. He has a release clause of 100m
He's never going to leave AM to come here.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I expect at a bare minimum 25+ goals in all competitions per season for the next 3 years. And at least 15 CL goals.

As far as team results... scudetto obviously. And I expect CL semifinals or better at least twice in the next 3 years.

If those conditions are met, I'll be alright with the tangible results from the transfer.

For me to be happy with the results... A CL win. Nothing else really matters. Though I'd also like to see Higuain score 30+ goals a season in all comps (100+ in Juve career) and 25+ CL goals total here.
:tup: Me too. 30+ goals in all comps is what should be expected from Higuain in our current team. No less.
And of course some CL clutch ones...guide us to semifinals etc.

Dude, that is some expectation on Higuain to be honest. This dude played in Napoli, a team that played only for Higuain. In Juventus it's different. From my point of view and my expectation is that he plays for the team and don't expect the team to play for him.
Having invested 94 mils on a forward...i thknk he should be treated like our spearhead and we should do the utmost to feed him with as many scoring opportunities as possible. Obvs our attack wil be multidimensional with the amount of talent we have... but buying higuain and not buuild a team to feed him is not wise use of our resources IMO.

He is annoying as hell, but the guy scores for fun.

We would have won the Scudetto if this team were the exact same team as last year as well.

These moves are not about the Scudetto. Taking Pjanic away from Roma and Higuain from Napoli basically crushed their chances of even competing with us in Italy. I don't think this board is even thinking about Italy right now. Way beyond that.
Yeh, even when pipa is labeled as a choker...this signing is aimed at wining the CL, no less.

The only barrier between us and success is doing good constantly in the CL. Once we cement ourselves as potential winners year in year out...we will have to rely less on less on Serie A and we will have more pulling power for scenearios like Vidal and Pogba to not repeat again.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don' t think that Jvue could have kept Morata regardless of how much money they could have paid Real. I think RM see him as a building block for the future.

It wouldn't make sense for Juve to get Higuain at 90 million, if they could have gotten Morata at a cheaper price. Unless for some reason Juve didn't think Alvaro fit in their plans anymore. But to me, when I see that Madrid have turned down offers from the EPL for him, then I can't help but think that they want him back for the purpose of keeping him.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
No but ultimately the market dictates the price. We needed a striker, how many good ones are available? How many willing to come to Italy, how many top strikers willing to accept our wage cap?

We were lucky there was a release clause or we'd be starting the season with Zaza as our backup striker. We've landed one of the best number 9's in the world, despite being overvalued by about 20 million he's still quality.

- - - Updated - - -

He's never going to leave AM to come here.
Lucky to pay 90 mil :lol:

I don' t think that Jvue could have kept Morata regardless of how much money they could have paid Real. I think RM see him as a building block for the future.

It wouldn't make sense for Juve to get Higuain at 90 million, if they could have gotten Morata at a cheaper price. Unless for some reason Juve didn't think Alvaro fit in their plans anymore. But to me, when I see that Madrid have turned down offers from the EPL for him, then I can't help but think that they want him back for the purpose of keeping him.
I was simply answering nicos saying higuain in light years ahead of morata

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

How is a 28 year old goal scoring machine worth only 45 million in today's market? I'm curious as to how that is possible. Then what is Cavani worth? 35? But yet people preferred to get him at 60 million
I'm not people i speak for myself, unless we win the CL with higuain nothing he can do well ever justify that price tag, and good luck getting a mentally weak player to live up to the club's highest transfer fee ever and to win us a CL

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dude, that is some expectation on Higuain to be honest. This dude played in Napoli, a team that played only for Higuain. In Juventus it's different. From my point of view and my expectation is that he plays for the team and don't expect the team to play for him.
If you get bought for Cristiano Ronaldo money, you have to perform like Cristiano Ronaldo. Anything less than 50 total goals is a failure tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not people i speak for myself, unless we win the CL with higuain nothing he can do well ever justify that price tag, and good luck getting a mentally weak player to live up to the club's highest transfer fee ever and to win us a CL
I think this deal was made from a marketing perspective. We're back on top, have a few great seasons in Italy under our belt and now want to show the world we're a huge club. If we do well in Europe next season this move will boost our brand.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, if his price tag were lower, and he scored 35+ goals in all competitions for the next 3 years, but we still didn't win the CL, then that lower price tag would be justified? Did Higuain put that price tag on himself? In a way you are blaming him for that price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 170)