Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (175 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
It is a recipe for disaster, parceiro. If Juve's main goal is winning the CL, Higuain is certainly not the player you could count on in those big matches that define the winner of a major tournament. And for 94m, get the fuck out of here!

I don't know what the fuck is going on but I hope it's just a smokescreen for something else, just us showing the world we're one of the big boys financially speaking, that we don't need to sell Pogba and we still could spend 100M if we wanted. I hope it's just that and that we go for someone much cheaper, maybe not as a proficient goal scorer as Higuain is but someone who shines when it matters.
Nobody heard about that Eder guy and look - he brought Portugal the Euro trophy. You never know with these things in finals.

As for 94 million, that's what top forwards cost these days. If we want James Rodriguez for instance we will have to pay close to 94. If we want average forward we will pay 20-30 million.

IMO the club is doing the right thing. We realized players like Zaza don't have what it takes to bring us the CL glory.

Higuain has lots of international experience and he scored almost 40 goals last year in Serie A.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Was thinking in terms of release clause we should take our time going for it. Reason is because

a) It will piss ADL off and screw their mercato :D
b) It will give us time to round the funds up, i.e sell pereyra, zaza etc, sufficent time to do this rather than doing pancking sells and not benefiting from total value of the player, as other clubs will know we are desperate and would accept any amount

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It is a recipe for disaster, parceiro. If Juve's main goal is winning the CL, Higuain is certainly not the player you could count on in those big matches that define the winner of a major tournament. And for 94m, get the fuck out of here!

I don't know what the fuck is going on but I hope it's just a smokescreen for something else, just us showing the world we're one of the big boys financially speaking, that we don't need to sell Pogba and we still could spend 100M if we wanted. I hope it's just that and that we go for someone much cheaper, maybe not as a proficient goal scorer as Higuain is but someone who shines when it matters.
:xfinger:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Was thinking in terms of release clause we should take our time going for it. Reason is because

a) It will piss ADL off and screw their mercato :D
b) It will give us time to round the funds up, i.e sell pereyra, zaza etc, sufficent time to do this rather than doing pancking sells and not benefiting from total value of the player, as other clubs will know we are desperate and would accept any amount
Easy to say, but what if we dont or cant pay the release clause, if we leave it too late what then for our attack? Tho either way the market for attackers is locked down tightly right now, so it may help indirectly to wait, in case some big moves happen that leads to domino effect, but I take it thats unlikely in this market right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's weak tbh, if player is intent on joining only juve even ADL has to budge
I mean weak as in ADL would be content to have him atleast another year even if it means must sell him for cheaper next summer. I dont think he can be strong armed to sell to us in our terms like this this summer, sell eventually yes, but not cheaper like Agent prolly is trying to threatening him for.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Nobody heard about that Eder guy and look - he brought Portugal the Euro trophy. You never know with these things in finals.

As for 94 million, that's what top forwards cost these days. If we want James Rodriguez for instance we will have to pay close to 94. If we want average forward we will pay 20-30 million.

IMO the club is doing the right. We realized players like Zaza don't have what it takes to bring us the CL glory.

Higuain has lots of international experience and he scored almost 40 goals last year in Serie A.
Apart from Bale who's the other 100M guy? Even Neymar didn't cost that much. No, it's not what a top striker cost these days, we still haven't got to this stage. James is a #10, a good 10 which is something rare will always tend to cost more.

Sure, players like Zaza don't have what it takes to bring us CL glory but neither does a 94M Higuain. He choked on all finals. He choked on Europe. Scoring 40 goals and not winning the league for his club is a big failure. And let's not forget how he got himself suspended when Napoli still stood a small chance for the title.

He is and always has been a choker, someone who shakes and pisses himself at the big stage. We want someone to win us something not to fucking shrink into nothing and miss the best chances one could hope for in a major final. Choker. Too Expensive.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Lol the excited mind races quicker then logic. The agent probably just means waiting out the contract 2 years, tho thats fairly weak threat so why say it.
They did pay 40 million for him I think. They lose that investment if they force him to stay.

Napoli has to sell.

Everything points to a great Marotta coup once again.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
So we want a player plagued by pressure throughout his career, with not so good results, to be the biggest transfer in the history of the club and by quite a margin at that, and put the weight of getting us a title that relies on a lot of things going your way on his shoulders? Sounds like a recipe for disaster
since when does higuain have to carry our side? who is putting weight on him? we're paying the price because we value the services he provides for the time we want him to provide it for and thats scoring goals...higuain is clinical and a CF beast...top 5 in europe in his position

who or what alternative do you suggest?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Easy to say, but what if we dont or cant pay the release clause, if we leave it too late what then for our attack? Tho either way the market for attackers is locked down tightly right now, so it may help indirectly to wait, in case some big moves happen that leads to domino effect, but I take it thats unlikely in this market right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean weak as in ADL would be content to have him atleast another year even if it means must sell him for cheaper next summer. I dont think he can be strong armed to sell to us in our terms like this this summer, sell eventually yes, but not cheaper like Agent prolly is trying to threatening him for.
I see it more like either sell to juve for 50ish this summer or 20 next summer

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I see it more like either sell to juve for 50ish this summer or 20 next summer
Thats a good threat if he and they can follow through, but I doubt it, pretty sure they wanna leave now 100% (you dont say you wanna go to Juve then stay a season in hellish napoli), depends on who can bluff better.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Apart from Bale who's the other 100M guy? Even Neymar didn't cost that much. No, it's not what a top striker cost these days, we still haven't got to this stage. James is a #10, a good 10 which is something rare will always tend to cost more.

Sure, players like Zaza don't have what it takes to bring us CL glory but neither does a 94M Higuain. He choked on all finals. He choked on Europe. Scoring 40 goals and not winning the league for his club is a big failure. And let's not forget how he got himself suspended when Napoli still stood a small chance for the title.

He is and always has been a choker, someone who shakes and pisses himself at the big stage. We want someone to win us something not to fucking shrink into nothing and miss the best chances one could hope for in a major final. Choker. Too Expensive.
Bro, it's happening. Get on the train.

Dybala - Higuain. Look at that and tell me it doesn't look frightening for defences? We're gonna rock.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I am not the biggest Higuain Fan.

but

Higuain--Dybala

Pogba------------Pjanic
-----------Marchisio
Alves------------------------Sandro
Chiello-----Bonucci------------Barzagli
--------------Buffon----------------------

Top 3 team in the world right, only behind Barcelona and Real Mardid.

Edit: Alves on the right and Sandro on the left obviously.

Thanks @X
Cmon bruv. Bayern is right up there, probably alongside Barca if not stronger.

:tuttosport:

Beppe is always on the phone
Probably the bank. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 174)