Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (56 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
It does. We make more money from TV rights then they do, because Serie A is much more appealing than the Bundesliga. They have better commercial and match-day revenue.
Fair point. Although, one could also argue that if WE bought Higuain, we have kept a star in Serie A while Napoli will use that money to bring in stars from other leagues. The Milan clubs now look like they will have some additional backing. The biggest net loser I see from all of this is Roma as they sold Pjanic to only just stay within FFP. Milan clubs can use their chinese acquirers to buy part of the rights of the players they acquire - its a sneaky way to get away with paying higher transfer fees while not compromising FFP rules. Weak pound relative to Euro also helping at the margin.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I'm particularly encouraged by the quote from #La Stampa.

All in all, this, even to a sceptic like me, looks as If Andrea Agnelli has pressed the nuclear button and told Beppe and co to just get Higgy and don,t comeback to Turin without sealing the deal.

This is all set to become a red letter day.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
It does. We make more money from TV rights then they do, because Serie A is much more appealing than the Bundesliga. They have better commercial and match-day revenue.
Exactly what we should do, increase our other revenues that are independent from the sorry state of this league

Because realistically serie a popularity isn't coming back, so it's completely futile to depend on it.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Fair point. Although, one could also argue that if WE bought Higuain, we have kept a star in Serie A while Napoli will use that money to bring in stars from other leagues. The Milan clubs now look like they will have some additional backing. The biggest net loser I see from all of this is Roma as they sold Pjanic to only just stay within FFP. Milan clubs can use their chinese acquirers to buy part of the rights of the players they acquire - its a sneaky way to get away with paying higher transfer fees while not compromising FFP rules. Weak pound relative to Euro also helping at the margin.
:tup: Exactly. The lack of interest in Serie A has not necessarily something to do with us dominating the league. It has far more to do with the weakness of other clubs. And with weakness I also mean the lack of identity. And Napoli, if you like them or not, have been performing quite well in recent years and found their identity. Even with Higuain leaving, they will still stay strong or become stronger. You know what happened when Cavani left.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What about the decrease in revenue from less interest in Serie A, due to the fact that we trash everyone?
Bayernliga is gaining viewers and growing as a "brand" internationally by the year and that is basically a glorified version of the SPL these days. I actually think we'd draw even more Serie A fans with the team we are building.

Serie A will always have some level of interest. As garbage as Milan and Inter are these days, they are still big clubs with huge worldwide fanbases.

Oh and there is more to a league than just the title race.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Actually for the first time in a while, I think Serie A is gradually becoming better positioned to gain ground now. Juve has organically, through in large part due to VERY strong management, get up to a point where it can compete fairly well - even financially with a lot of the large European clubs. Now the Milanese clubs look like they have hit rock bottom and have now got Chinese interests that could spur a bit of a renaissance. Napoli have for the most part, been fairly well managed too.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Bayernliga is gaining viewers and growing as a "brand" internationally by the year and that is basically a glorified version of the SPL these days. I actually think we'd draw even more Serie A fans with the team we are building.

Serie A will always have some level of interest. As garbage as Milan and Inter are these days, they are still big clubs with huge worldwide fanbases.

Oh and there is more to a league than just the title race.
I agree, especially with the last part.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
If Napoli (frickin Napoli) was able to shell out 40 million for this guy, why cant we shell out 40-60? Yes the clause is 94 but his real cost will be between 40-60 judging by what financial experds here are posting (player sales, ammortization etc.)

So I say do it. We really need this guy.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
If Napoli (frickin Napoli) was able to shell out 40 million for this guy, why cant we shell out 40-60? Yes the clause is 94 but his real cost will be between 40-60 judging by what financial experds here are posting (player sales, ammortization etc.)

So I say do it. We really need this guy.
How will the real cost be 40-60?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
How will the real cost be 40-60?
Well the cost of this transaction would undoubtedly be 94, which is a big and scary sum, I agree. What I meant is that overall, in terms of net spending in the mercato season, it will prove lower as we will sell the likes of Zaza for 25 and we will also bring in money selling Pereyra. As for ammortization you must ask financial experds or see previous posts about this. Also Higgy transfer would be paid in 2 years

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Well the cost of this transaction would undoubtedly be 94, which is a big and scary sum, I agree. What I meant is that overall, in terms of net spending in the mercato season, it will prove lower as we will sell the likes of Zaza for 25 and we will also bring in money selling Pereyra. As for ammortization you must ask financial experds or see previous posts about this. Also Higgy transfer would be paid in 2 years
Net spending maybe, but the real cost would still be 94m.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Juventus are ready to pay the release clause fee for Higuain & Gonzalo has begun searching for a new house in Turin, according to La Stampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)