Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (201 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Remember when RvP had an immense season with Arsenal then went to United and single-handedly won them the league ? Thats called form. The only difference here being RvP is made of glass whilst Higuain hasnt been injured at all in the last 2 seasons. He's every bit as durable as you get.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Always adored Cavani more. Tough choice but its impossible to predict if Higauin can continue his form from last season but is also younger.

Depends on the cost? Napoli would rape us on the fee so if I were in charge I'd probably try to get Cavani
What part of "Price Aside" did you not comprehend :lol:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Remember when RvP had an immense season with Arsenal then went to United and single-handedly won them the league ? Thats called form. The only difference here being RvP is made of glass whilst Higuain hasnt been injured at all in the last 2 seasons. He's every bit as durable as you get.
I want him here. Badly.

For 94 million in cash? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Cash and player exchanges, and if somehow Rugani is not involved? Count me in.

This team could be the best in the world if we get Gonzalo, and a message to all of those EPL kneepad wearers out there.

If this team, with Higuain, were to compete in the EPL, we would absolutely destroy it.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
To me, no.
People complain about Higuain being a choker. Cavani is actually worse. And he is nearly a year older
Na www. Cavani isn't worse serge. But to your point, I don't think the years gap matters to me because in a sense, I see Cavani's athleticism will help him age better than Gonzalo. And in terms of mentality and team suiting player, I genuinely think Edinson will fit like a glove. Higuain in this team will not have everything tailored around him either so in that sense he would have to make some changes, and play closer to the box than he has done at Naples. Cavani in that role is also the likelier to thrive, alongside the fact that we are a counter attacking beast - which again is better suited to he Uruguayan for my money.
Currently speaking, Edinson looks like a weaker target because of how the numbers stack up for each f them.

Looking at their career trajectory's at this point, you would have to favor Higuain. 36 goals in 35 games compared to Cavani's mediocre 3 years with PSG.
Yea, although it's a bit of an unfair comparison because it doesn't necessarily depict Cavani at his optimal best, seeing how he was played out wide to accommodate Ibra. Give him the same Napoli team as Higuain and let him be the main man, apples to apples. Though, I see your argument about going for the hotter striker. The streak is definite selling point and worth considering.

You're so sentimental :D

Too much has changed though. France nearly won a Euro and I didn't care. Trez retired, he was my last connection to this world. :D
Really am :D so true. The people aren't the only thing that's different, the Internet has changed too. Just consumed so differently than it was earlier.

Tevez was coming back off a bad few years. We rejuvenated him. Not quite the same as getting a striker who is in immense form at the moment.
Yea, like I said he wasn't record breaking when we got him, but fucking effective, was a top 5 striker for me in Juves context during our run to the CL final.

I wouldn't call Cavani's 3 years there as mediocre per se. Considering that he wasn't the main option.

But Higuain. Jesus Christ. This guy is a year younger than Cavani, every bit as durable, and is a machine out there
Actually surprised by your choice serge. The age isn't a biggie for me for reasons I mentioned above. I think Cavani can be as amazing if not better.

Always adored Cavani more. Tough choice but its impossible to predict if Higauin can continue his form from last season but is also younger.

Depends on the cost? Napoli would rape us on the fee so if I were in charge I'd probably try to get Cavani.
Form is momentum. You keep building on it, and I can see him do better in a better team or just hold the same level of form. It's his mentality that's suspect, when he's no longer the main man of a team. How would his diva attitude cope then?

Yea, agree with the form and momentum piece. Not just RvP. Luca Toni would be a well documented example too. Mandzukic? DeBruyne? Aguero? When they moved to their sitep up clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

I want him here. Badly.

For 94 million in cash? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Cash and player exchanges, and if somehow Rugani is not involved? Count me in.

This team could be the best in the world if we get Gonzalo, and a message to all of those EPL kneepad wearers out there.

If this team, with Higuain, were to compete in the EPL, we would absolutely destroy it.
Best in the world is a stretch, albeit a small one. One of the most complete, yes. Top 2-3, yes. This years Bayern is probably the best team in the world if it must be definitively said.

Apr 9, 2015
Dybala- Higuain
Alex Sandro - Pogba - Marchisio - Pjanic - Dani Alves
Chiellini - Bonucci - Barzagli
Buffon

FAPTASTIC! I still prefer another worldclass '9', but there aren't many others around, who are possible to get​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 201)