Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (135 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
If this happened we have won the mercato scudetto in all of Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Even Madrid can't out do us this summer.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
What I believe, is that the club feels that they can afford this now without sacrificing Pogba this year.

Pogba stays for 1 more season, we wrap up the CL win for good ol' Buffon, and Pogba is sold on next year. Next summer's mercato will be about finding that Pogba replacement.

Not saying this is a bad scenario or anything. Pogba will leave at some point, I think everyone knows this. But not now. Now is the time to beast.

Sign this fucker up, my body is ready.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
You make it sound like he scores 5 goals per season. Just look at his numbers over the last 5+ years. It's incredible.
Yes, el pipita has solid numbers going from 10 to 26 goals per season. Last season was the first time he scored more than 30 goals. He is a top striker but WC? IMO that category is reserved for truly great players that leave their mark on football history. He also has a poor record at international competitions and CL.

I think paying 94M for him is insane but if he finally comes to Juve I hope our leaders can make him mentally stronger.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Anything over 50mil is insane for someone in their late 20's. We will only get a few years of him in his prime and he will have no resale value. If we are spending crazy money i want somone younger.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Anything over 50mil is insane for someone in their late 20's. We will only get a few years of him in his prime and he will have no resale value. If we are spending crazy money i want somone younger.
There are several ways he could earn the money back for us. Resale value is not the end all be all. Besides, what the fuck do you care? It's not your money.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Big pipita fan since his madrid days but 94 mil is stupid silly, even 50 mil is too much for him imo if it's something like 40-45 mil plus pereyra it would be ok
Biggest problem I have with this is that last season was the first season he scored more than 20 league goals in Serie A. It's not like he's scored 30 every season. 17 and 18 are good numbers, but a 94m price tag is reserved for players like Ronaldo or Messi imo.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
There are several ways he could earn the money back for us. Resale value is not the end all be all. Besides, what the fuck do you care? It's not your money.
I care because i feel like that amount of money can be spent more wisely and on better players. The more money my club has to buy better players the happier i am as a fan. Its kind of obvious really.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
What I believe, is that the club feels that they can afford this now without sacrificing Pogba this year.

Pogba stays for 1 more season, we wrap up the CL win for good ol' Buffon, and Pogba is sold on next year. Next summer's mercato will be about finding that Pogba replacement.

Not saying this is a bad scenario or anything. Pogba will leave at some point, I think everyone knows this. But not now. Now is the time to beast.

Sign this fucker up, my body is ready.
Just wanted to write this. :tup:

Normally i would say that this is just a stupid rumor but something tells me we are going all in. This is the time to win the CL. Buffon is still here. BBC still delivers. Pogba is here.
That's why we are not going for a player for the future. We are going for 29yo Serie A record breaker for a crazy sum. We know this is the time, our time and our management wants to do everything to land that cursed trophy. Spend the money, have 1 or 2 shots at the trophy til we have our oldies. Then probably Pogba sale will finance the rebuilding process.

now watch us selling Pogba :shifty:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

Normally i would say that this is just a stupid rumor but something tells me we are going all in. This is the time to win the CL. Buffon is still here. BBC still delivers. Pogba is here.
That's why we are not going for a player for the future. We are going for 29yo Serie A record breaker for a crazy sum. We know this is the time, our time and our management wants to do everything to land that cursed trophy. Spend the money, have 1 or 2 shots at the trophy til we have our oldies. Then probably Pogba sale will finance the rebuilding process.

This may be true but then why not buy someone better. I just dont get how anyone can value him at this price. Theres nothing to suggest that he guarentees we win the Cl as he is known to choke on the big stage. The only thing he guarentees is the league title.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

it's not like Chiellini and Bonucci will drop dead in 3 years

we will lose Barzagli and Buffon,yes. Sandro replaces Evra and we'll look for some RB sooner or later.

But all in all I don't see that do or die scenario coming for us. We will always sign new exciting players

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Damn, with this squad we would be a hot candidate to reach the CL final. To be honest, this must be the aim. I don't care whether you're Barca, Real or whoever; winning the final is never a guarantee no matter how stacked your team is. But you can do your utmost in the mercato season to assemble a team that will have a great chance of reaching the final. Anything can happen in a final.

I believe the squad we'd have - with Higuain as the cherry on top - is a squad that will have an excellent chance of reaching the final in Cardiff. When the final in Cardiff kicks off, it comes down to match fitness on the night, form, injuries / suspensions, who takes penalty kicks better etc. You can never ever calculate winning a CUP competition. You can only maximize your chances of reaching that final.

It's amazing that we were able to get there in 2015, makes me really proud :touched:

One of these days we will win the god damned thing, I'm sure of it.

Ah hell .... I'm rambling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)