Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (201 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Higuain will command about 160 mil thats about 15% of juve value, with a residual value of about 0, say he tears his acl turns into a fatty and never goes back to WC level? Higuain is a monster no doubt but if that price scared even richer teams, can juve successfully manage a worst case scenario financially?
He has no resale value, but has he ever had injury issues? Even a little? Only remember a season for Real he was on and off health wise. But otherwise all deals are risk injury wise, this one is just much higher stake. Question is tho of this is realistic fear.

Only thing I care about is keeping Pogba, if we stupidly overpay for Gonzalo while doing that I'm fine with it.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't think they would take that risk if they couldn't handle it, I'm sure it would be standard to evaluate risk in such a decision
It's not as mechanic as you think, more poker like in these situations

He has no resale value, but has he ever had injury issues? Even a little? Only remember a season for Real he was on and off health wise. But otherwise all deals are risk injury wise, this one is just much higher stake. Question is tho of this is realistic fear.

Only thing I care about is keeping Pogba, if we stupidly overpay for Gonzalo while doing that I'm fine with it.
One word: Asamoah

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

If Pogba goes, he will most probably...a 100% healthy Asamoah is crucial + we still need to find a TOP mid. He will never be better than Paul but I'm curious to see who we'll buy. Who would you go for?

enzo

May 14, 2012
I don't think they would take that risk if they couldn't handle it, I'm sure it would be standard to evaluate risk in such a decision
Im pretty sure there is some weird insurance/re-insurance/re-re-insurance option in place for smthg like this happening.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Pogba is still a juve player, you will show him respect
And I think he will stay that way. If the clause was 1 payment, then I would be worried.

But 2 payments is much more feasible, and with the projected sale of Zaza, our net spend wouldn't actually be too bad right now, considering the quality we have added.

On a sporting level, I can't see any reason why Pogba would sit back and say that this club is now not ready to make a serious run at the CL.

Still love me even though you think I'm a moron? :heart:

Just so you know. The only transfer fallout that I ever complained about in regards to money was Verratti.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
When everyone is fit, with Higuain we got world class or close in every line of the field.

If the question is "does Higuain improve us with Pogba leaving", thats something else.
All our strength all these years has emanated from midfield, that has carried our attack for all these years of success that we have had. Losing Pogna, a year after losing Vidal, has a detrimental effect, largely because of the attacking impetus we lose in his absence. Khedira is half broken, Marchisio will not be returning before November-December, it's effectively Pjanic and whoever we get now to replace Pogba with, but bug shoes to fill and most likely the shoes won't be filled in the same manner. We are probably going to adapt our style of play in his absence. I can only hope somebody like Asa can step up to the plate, because I just don't see too many external options that we can buy that will salvage the midfield in a way that keeps it as one of top midfield in Europe. Mascherano might help but it seems unlikely we might get him, Rakitic will be underwhelming. Herrera is what I'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 201)