Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (6 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
There is not much better than Higuain we could get, not looking at price obviously and if we sell Paul, however I'm confident our first choice was to keep Paul. This is a reaction to him pushing to go.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I hope the reports are false. 94m for Higuain is completely retarded. If we sign him, it means we are selling Pogba and with Marchisio injured, we need an almost entirely new midfield. Khedira misses about half the season and our subs are crap, so the only reliable midfielder we have is Pjanic. Finding a good cm should be our top priority, not spending almost all the Pogba money on a soon to be 29 y.o. striker, who btw has 2 years left on his deal and is refusing to extend. I'd be very unpleasantly surprised - a Secco type of move.
Or Pogba is staying :klin:

May 22, 2007
One way is that we are in a unique position regarding TV money pool in the Champions League. If we go far and Napoli+Roma don't we get a massive amount. The last few years we've been the team that has made the most money out of the Champions League.
And the year we got to the final, we made even more money than Barcelona, way more actually.
Juve were achieving that without spending €94 mil on one player though?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It's sad. Pjanic has quality to remain the high standard, but Pogba and Vidal were great both offensively and defensively, which made our team most dynamic midfield in the game. Now we have what? Injury prone Khedira, 30 year old Marchisio that's gone remainder of year, and besides Lemina a bunch of scrubs we can't truly rely on? Sad sad state of affairs from arguably best midfield to this state.

We needed a player or two more to add steel and quality with Pogba here since our two other starting quality CMs are croaked, but without Pogba our midfield will become alarmingly fragile.
:agree:

I think losing Vidal from our midfield was a big negative in terms of defensive ability/energy, taking Pogba out would be another blow.

I'm hoping that signing Higuain is a ploy to have one final go at the Champions League keeping the team in tact and knowing that we could surely get the same amount for Pogba next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)