Gonzalo Higuaín (47 apps, 8 goals in CL and 43% chance conversion rate) (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Will rep!

Llorente wil be such a disapointment I know it. And you and me will be able to tell everybody how right we were. High five!

*This is the reason we need Jovetic + Higuain at the minimum. And Vucinic is crucial, how are people so blind.
Who is "we" ?

According to me, its juventus. According to you, its Manchester united, considering the demand you make. We are not in a position where we can just sign both.
We might, but its very unlikely and requires quite a bit of luck

Edoardo

Feb 28, 2013
I am not cheering for him to fail. But I know he will. Juve will do just fine even if he is a total failure in Serie A (if we atleast keep Vucinic or get Jovetic) but the ideas being presented here would embarrass Juve in Europe.

Edoardo

Feb 28, 2013
Ofcourse i am serious. Maybe a bit dramatic to provoke discusion but every opinion here is my true opinion about this club. How can Llorente be the saviour if he scored 2 goals last year for Bilbao. And I get, we should build slowly proposal. BUT in case you haven't noticed we have only a two year windows to win CL before Pirlo retires so we have to be fast. We aren't winning shit without Pirlo, I can guarantee that.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Ofcourse i am serious. Maybe a bit dramatic to provoke discusion but every opinion here is my true opinion about this club. How can Llorente be the saviour if he scored 2 goals last year for Bilbao. And I get, we should build slowly proposal. BUT in case you haven't noticed we have only a two year windows to win CL before Pirlo retires so we have to be fast. We aren't winning shit without Pirlo, I can guarantee that.
:cronios:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Ofcourse i am serious. Maybe a bit dramatic to provoke discusion but every opinion here is my true opinion about this club. How can Llorente be the saviour if he scored 2 goals last year for Bilbao. And I get, we should build slowly proposal. BUT in case you haven't noticed we have only a two year windows to win CL before Pirlo retires so we have to be fast. We aren't winning $#@! without Pirlo, I can guarantee that.
Pirlo's worst performances came in the CL.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We'll never win again after Pirlo?

Well then I may as well just cut my losses and quit supporting Juventus now.

Jul 1, 2010
Llorente was benched the whole season because of his refusal to extend his contract.
In all competitions, he scored 5 goals and made 3 assists in 37 games. However, he only started 8 games while coming off the bench in 29 games.
He has averaged 1 goal every 3.17 games (5 goals in 1428 minutes) and 1 goal/assist every 2 games.

Considering that he came off the bench in the vast majority of games due to his contract situation, these stats are not bad at all.

He scored 30 goals in all competitions in 2011-12, when he was a starter.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fernando-llorente/profil/spieler_35564.html

No one claims he is the savior, but he is a significant improvement over what we currently have up front and should improve our team considerably. Furthermore, he can score goals but his most useful attributes are his heading abilities, good technique, and great abilities to shield the ball and link up with our other players. In these respects, he is miles ahead of what we currently have.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Gonzalo Higuain is the new Diego Milito. Missing out on him would come back to bite us in the ass.
This, Higuain will score 20+ goals a season for the next 6-7 years. He will save our team in so many games we have no business in winning.

There are not that many players who can naturally score out there, certainly not available on the market.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Maybe he's an Ibarbo kind of a guy.
Or maybe it's pointless to spend all day everyday talking about a player we won't get. Realistically this deal is bound to fail. We won't pay what Madrid wants, some other club will. End of story. We're lucky if we can work out a Quag + money deal for Jovetic. :numnum:

- - - Updated - - -

And damn, reading Edoardo makes my eyes bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)