Gonzalo Higuaín (47 apps, 8 goals in CL and 43% chance conversion rate) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
Well, let's suppose that we don't get one of RVP, Suarez, Dzeko, Higuain, Benzema, Cavani etc. Which I'm pretty damn sure we won't.

Then who?

I just see Adebayor as someone Marotta might turn to, in the end. 28 years old, scores frequently enough, great physique. "Bomber" type.

I really don't have a hard time picturing that deal being made.
We are getting Cavani.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Reason.

Think about it, he's been linked to Serie-A for several years. Don't you just see it happening? We will be on the search for a great attacker for months, and in the end, we end up signing Adebayor for 18-22m. It's the way it's gonna go down. If not Adebayor, someone on his level.
I don't see it happening at all :D Just not an attractive option for the club, especially now, and there are a lot of questions over his attitude. I generally agree that there is too much oil money around for me to feel very confident. Málaga made the Champions League as well.

Juventus are linked with everyone though.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Well, let's suppose that we don't get one of RVP, Suarez, Dzeko, Higuain, Benzema, Cavani etc. Which I'm pretty damn sure we won't.

Then who?

I just see Adebayor as someone Marotta might turn to, in the end. 28 years old, scores frequently enough, great physique. "Bomber" type.

Damiao.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Brazilians at Juve :scared:

But yeah I suppose he's an option. Pretty unproven, but he seems like a very interesting player. Could be worth the gamble. His club is asking insane amounts of money, though, no?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I agree with you Jem, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Adebayor or a similar player. I can definitely see Marotta miss all his targets once more, but we shall see how things work out.

And why are people laughing at Adebayor? He would be really good for us, he would probably bang in more goals than both Matri and Quag combined. Sure he would not be as great as Cavani, but I would easily put him in the same bracket as Dzeko.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I agree with you Jem, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Adebayor or a similar player. I can definitely see Marotta miss all his targets once more, but we shall see how things work out.

And why are people laughing at Adebayor? He would be really good for us, he would probably bang in more goals than both Matri and Quag combined. Sure he would not be as great as Cavani, but I would easily put him in the same bracket as Dzeko.
Yup, he is good, and that's also a reason why I can see it happening, because he would raise the quality of the squad, which in all fairness is all our board ever promised. I don't think our board would have any problems referring to him as a "top player". But yeah, guys, let's just wait and see. These are just my predictions, what I think is gonna happen. Nothing more.

And my initial response, to come back to the main point I was trying to make, was directly aimed at Bianconero81, who it seems would be disappointed if we signed Dzeko. I don't think we have that luxury to be disappointed if we sign Dzeko. We should be over the moon if that happens.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Then who?

we will stick with what we have and just get a better support forward

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
we will stick with what we have and just get a better support forward
Also likely.

My predictions in this thread was based on the condition that we go for a pure striker, a centre forward.

But yeah, man, I'd rather we skip bringing one in if Adebayor (or similar) is the best we can do. If we can't get Cavani, stick with Matri and Borriello and get Jovetic :tup:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I don't think we have that luxury to be disappointed if we sign Dzeko. We should be over the moon if that happens.
No, B81 has every right to expect much more from our management. They have been leading on the fans since last summer about bringing top players to the club. And if they are serious about bringing back Juventus to where it belongs than they will get us the proper assets to get there. I am also expecting the best, and I do not want to settle for less, we have been pure shit for 6 years now. Adebayor, Dzeko would be great additions only if they come with along with another player of Suarez caliber.

Anyone but Adebayor!
You no liek me Togolese breddah?

---------- Post added 15.05.2012 at 11:22 ----------

But isn't adebayor black tho!!? Haha
Would love to have him here :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Fair enough, he (and all of us) can expect alot from our management, but expecting them to compete financially with the Premier League big dogs is just plain unrealistic.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
why is dzeko so underrated here?

is it because he is not as skilled as suarez or cavani?

because not one time this season, after our squad gelled, did i think "if only we had a forward that can do it all because we lack creatvity"

no what i was thinking was "if only we had a forward that can fucking get into goalscoring positions and actually finish chances"

dzeko seems to fit that criteria

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Chelsea, Man City are dogs....while we are majestic lions. Fucking dirty hyenas, the day will come when they will be fighting over our leftovers.
:stuckup:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
why is dzeko so underrated here?

is it because he is not as skilled as suarez or cavani?

because not one time this season, after our squad gelled, did i think "if only we had a forward that can do it all because we lack creatvity"

no what i was thinking was "if only we had a forward that can fucking get into goalscoring positions and actually finish chances"

dzeko seems to fit that criteria
THE main thing I have against Dzeko....is that, that fucker turned us down. I really wanted him back them, I used to fap over him harder than Hustini did. But fuck him! Cunt had his chance!

In all seriousness though, he would be a GREAT addition, but there is better options. Higuian, Cavani are much much better than him.

---------- Post added 15.05.2012 at 11:28 ----------

Wow. Adebayor. That guy still exists?
Yea man he is killing it Tottenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)