Gonzalo Higuaín (47 apps, 8 goals in CL and 43% chance conversion rate) (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
As if they don't have money. :D

I'm sure the moment they sell Higuain they will buy Suarez as his replacement and Bale probably too.

Don't know what will happen to Di Maria.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Arsenal "we don't need Higuain since we're signing Suarez"

- - - Updated - - -

As if they don't have money. :D

I'm sure the moment they sell Higuain they will buy Suarez as his replacement and Bale probably too.

Don't know what will happen to Di Maria.
of course arsenal have money, they were just too stupid to go announce it to the entire world

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i love how arsenal fans were proclaiming themselves as title contenders ever since the announcement that they have money to spend this summer came out. :howler: they should know by now that being an arsenal fan during the transfer window is like being in detention whilst everyone has gone out to play.

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking about Real Madrid.
bale will push for a move, he tried it last summer too before he signed a new contract when he learned he wasn't going to get that move to Barca or madrid that he wanted.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Pretty interesting move this.

Higuain is certainly a better forward that I think any of us thought Napoli would be able to attract this summer.

Not sure I'd be overly critical of them for overpaying a bit for Higuain, since PSG had just overpaid for Cavani. There's about 25m difference between the values of the tranfers? That's sounds about right to me in terms of the difference between the two players.

I'd be more concerned about the wages Napoli are reportedly offering. As is speaking about him getting 6m per year - that's more than Cavani was getting, I believe.

Now that wage is okay if Higuain does well and Napoli establish themselves as a CL team pretty much every year. However, that wage could be a huge burden if things don't go well and could make it quite difficult to sell him - especially to try and sell him for any sort of decent figure that wouldn't see Napoli making an enormous loss on the deal.

Still, it's nice to see Serie A attracting another good player.

This just looks like one hell of a big gamble from Napoli to me.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Pretty interesting move this.

Higuain is certainly a better forward that I think any of us thought Napoli would be able to attract this summer.

Not sure I'd be overly critical of them for overpaying a bit for Higuain, since PSG had just overpaid for Cavani. There's about 25m difference between the values of the tranfers? That's sounds about right to me in terms of the difference between the two players.

I'd be more concerned about the wages Napoli are reportedly offering. As is speaking about him getting 6m per year - that's more than Cavani was getting, I believe.

Now that wage is okay if Higuain does well and Napoli establish themselves as a CL team pretty much every year. However, that wage could be a huge burden if things don't go well and could make it quite difficult to sell him - especially to try and sell him for any sort of decent figure that wouldn't see Napoli making an enormous loss on the deal.

Still, it's nice to see Serie A attracting another good player.

This just looks like one hell of a big gamble from Napoli to me.
I agree with everything in this post :tup:

It is a big gamble, so for their sake I hope they get CL football every season. Otherwise, I can see them ending up like Leeds United, a club that had a great project in the beginning of the 2000s, even reaching the semi finals of the CL, with many stars with big wages on their books, but missing out on CL qualification made their finances completely collapse and they went into bankrupcy and down the league system in no time.

If Napoli begin to splash out these kind of transfer fees and wages, they better make damn sure they reach the CL every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)