Gomorra - La Serie (7 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Not sure if this question still applies since you posted this over a month ago, but in case you still haven't seen the movie, it's a completely different story and characters (different Camorra clan). It's actually like several different storylines that end up intertwining.

And yeah, finally found decent English subs a couple months back so was able to watch it. Gotten two people into it afterwards too. I didn't think I'd find an Italian program that beats Romanzo Criminale, but Gomorra is even better. Sucks we have to wait until 2016 for season two.
Thanks for reply i will check out the movie :tup:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Btw, now that I finally ditched my wife on watching the series together because she got too many nightmares, this series is fantastic. I'm up to episode 6 and I can see why some compared it to an Italian version of The Wire.

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #27
    Btw, now that I finally ditched my wife on watching the series together because she got too many nightmares, this series is fantastic. I'm up to episode 6 and I can see why some compared it to an Italian version of The Wire.
    I can't wait for season 2, it's going to be epic :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Holy crap, this is such an f'ing awesome show. I finally finished ep 12 last night.

IMO, easily one of my 5 favorite TV show seasons of all time.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Do you have subtitles for it?
    She (Ragazza) had the best instructions for finding ones. The original torrents' subtitles sucked. They read like Italian translated to English by Juve[RUS]'s retarded Russian cousin.

To quote her:
    Just search for "Gomorrah" (don't forget the H) [on yer favorite torrent site - swag add] and they'll come up, uploaded by a user called Snowhiter. There's another version with English subs too but they're terrible translations, like someone just used Google Translate or something. This version is good though (or seems so anyway, since I can't really understand Neapolitan accent/dialect).
    She was spot on. The other subtitles are so much better. The first version was poor and left too much to interpretation.

Unfortunately that means the subtitles aren't separate files for dynamic inclusion -- they're baked in. But they're quite good. Professional, even.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
    She (Ragazza) had the best instructions for finding ones. The original torrents' subtitles sucked. They read like Italian translated to English by Juve[RUS]'s retarded Russian cousin.

To quote her:

She was spot on. The other subtitles are so much better. The first version was poor and left too much to interpretation.

Unfortunately that means the subtitles aren't separate files for dynamic inclusion -- they're baked in. But they're quite good. Professional, even.
    Cool, I'll check this out.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    I finally watched the first season. Not as great as people make it out to be, but still good enough and enjoyable.

Not sure if its just a coincidence or the Italian TV were trying to bring Juve down too by giving out names like Ciro and Conte to its main mafia characters. I guess we'll see Allegri in season two. Also the use of Fiat so often by the family was odd, as they're millionaires and could have had much nicer cars.

One thing I didn't like was how Genny came back from his trip in South America all changed, a completely different person. I understand that he supposedly went through shit there and toughened up, but the character wasn't much believable. They should have at least showed what happened in South America. That was very vague.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)