Gomorra - La Serie (13 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Season 1 I found phenomenal, season 2 I thought they were running in circles so stopped watching. Im surprised it got so big outside Italy, half the enjoyment for me comes from the Neapolitan dialect, rightfully classified as UNESCO World heritage. Must congrat with the authors for managing to film almost an entire show under a grey neapolitan sky btw.

I have a feeling Gomorra won't age well though, unlike Sopranos which is to TV series what Balzac's Comédie humaine is to literature.
I honestly think you're missing out. IMO not one bit was lost when it comes to quality. Season 3 was amazing while ending of that season is one of the best and sickest ever. I thought, rightfully so, that the quality would drop after that but heck, I just finished s4 and it was totally brilliant. I think it's a crime to skip over it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
I honestly think you're missing out. IMO not one bit was lost when it comes to quality. Season 3 was amazing while ending of that season is one of the best and sickest ever. I thought, rightfully so, that the quality would drop after that but heck, I just finished s4 and it was totally brilliant. I think it's a crime to skip over it.

I didn't enjoyed this season as much as I've enjoyed the previous... Patri didn't deliver as great as Ciro delivered.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I didn't enjoyed this season as much as I've enjoyed the previous... Patri didn't deliver as great as Ciro delivered.
She wasn't supposed to. She was a bridge to introducing the new family and has gotten big. It also great to see how she came up from the dust, from nobody to boss, and then to dust again. Brilliant. Also, it was ALL worth it just for the scene with Geni when he told her to never trust anyone. Not even himself. So fucking good :D

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
She wasn't supposed to. She was a bridge to introducing the new family and has gotten big. It also great to see how she came up from the dust, from nobody to boss, and then to dust again. Brilliant. Also, it was ALL worth it just for the scene with Geni when he told her to never trust anyone. Not even himself. So fucking good :D

Now that you put it like that, I recall that bit when she snitched Annali... more than assuming the emptiness left by the Ciro role she was the reincarnation of Annali as she assumed her place as the woman boss... like a mother she never had and then she turned into her.

No confio ni in Dios :delpiero: it was all clear from the moment he kept that and the scar on the face what was going on

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Is season 4 worth watching? How does it rate in comparison to the others?

The end of season 3 made it less appealing
I finished season 4 yesterday.

Even if I feel it's "the worst" season so far, it's still very good & enjoyable. Sure, they're going around in circles by now, but damn, those circles are entertaining.
My only issue with season 4 is that they tried to cram too much into it & as a result some things just feel rushed, illogical even at times.

4 years in & I am still amazed at how they capture Napoli & its outskirts on the screen. Also, the score remains incredible. You'd think you'd get bored of it, as they always recycle the same cues, but it just fits like a glove.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)