Golden Foot Award 2006: Let's Vote for Del Capitano :) (3 Viewers)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
axlrose85 said:
maldini or zidane?

Both of them are more deserving than DP IMO, but I was going for Zidane. It's fine to vote for DP, but to tell other people it's "disgusting" that they didn't do so just because it's your favorite club is beyond stupid.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Sir Sebastian said:
You're a fucking idiot, too :agree:

DP is one of my favorite players, but how can you claim it's "disgusting" to give the vote to someone who is retiring, and has arguably been one of the greatest players of all time, even better than DP, who is still playing the game?
Hard words,little Sebi:p

Is not "disgunting" is hypocrite

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Black&White. said:
Hard words,little Sebi:p

Is not "disgunting" is hypocrite

how is it hypocritical to vote for another great player, just because he doesnt play for your team??

what is the point of these awards if you are only supposed to vote for your teams player, then juve would win everything because we have the most fans. that is just stupid.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
DP gets my vote...........zizo was on my mind though, because when he was in his prime he was wearing the best jersey the world has ever seen

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Guys, It's fine, who doesn't want to vote for Dp, let it go....We're not going to beg members around here to vote for the Juve Captain. It's not like I'm dyin to see couple of members around here voting for him. Alex is recieving alot, in lot of Forums;)

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
Guys, It's fine, who doesn't want to vote for Dp, let it go....We're not going to beg members around here to vote for the Juve Captain. It's not like I'm diein to see couple of members around here voting for him. Alex is recieving alot, in lot of Forums;)
It's spelled dyin' or dying hun.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Sir Sebastian said:
how is it hypocritical to vote for another great player, just because he doesnt play for your team??

what is the point of these awards if you are only supposed to vote for your teams player, then juve would win everything because we have the most fans. that is just stupid.
No, you got me wrong
is hypocrital vote for a player just beacause he plays in your fav. team when there's another greats player who deserve more

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Sir Sebastian said:
You're a fucking idiot, too :agree:

DP is one of my favorite players, but how can you claim it's "disgusting" to give the vote to someone who is retiring, and has arguably been one of the greatest players of all time, even better than DP, who is still playing the game?
1. because I can
2. because Del Piero is the greatest player ever
3. Because Del Piero deserves all the awards in the world
4. I stil think it's disgusting because I expect atleast all Juve fans to realise that Del Piero is God's gift to mankind :)
5. It's true that it doesn't matter, like Azzurri7 said.

:p

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
mnementh said:
1. because I can
2. because Del Piero is the greatest player ever
3. Because Del Piero deserves all the awards in the world
4. I stil think it's disgusting because I expect atleast all Juve fans to realise that Del Piero is God's gift to mankind :)
5. It's true that it doesn't matter, like Azzurri7 said.

:p

The reason Capello is such a stubborn shithead is because he must provide equilibrium by balancing out people like you :D

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Guys, It's fine, who doesn't want to vote for Dp, let it go....We're not going to beg members around here to vote for the Juve Captain. It's not like I'm diein to see couple of members around here voting for him. Alex is recieving alot, in lot of Forums;)

:agree: ... :tup:..

Sep 1, 2002
The last time I came across swearing of this level was in the school playground. I thought only little ones got a thrill in using naughty words.

DP was a fairly good and loyal player for us and we should recognise this fact with a testamonial: soon!

But those of you who suggest that to vote against him (Oh the shame) is a sign of disloyalty to Juve are wrong. Blindness to the truth is the refuge of the insensitive: For me football is about beauty and there is one on that list (Maldini withstanding) who is head and shoulders above the rest.

I can live with the shame.

Now children cut back on the naughty words please.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
bianconero said:
The last time I came across swearing of this level was in the school playground. I thought only little ones got a thrill in using naughty words.

DP was a fairly good and loyal player for us and we should recognise this fact with a testamonial: soon!

But those of you who suggest that to vote against him (Oh the shame) is a sign of disloyalty to Juve are wrong. Blindness to the truth is the refuge of the insensitive: For me football is about beauty and there is one on that list (Maldini withstanding) who is head and shoulders above the rest.

I can live with the shame.

Now children cut back on the naughty words please.
we got your point, darl... there is no need in repeating it in every second post of yours..:pint:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I agree with seb that whoever doesnt vote for Alex is by no means a hypocrite, or rather not regarded as a juve fan at all. Its not about the club players, as football fans in general we shouldnt show bias. I hate bias where a player deserve the stick he deserves it. I know ill most proberly get hated for this and get half a dozen negative reputations but.. DP is NOT god. :) neither is he an angel or anything supernatural, he had his bad days and was well away from mere perfection. I dont spend much time analysing one player as much as a team which is why for those who dont see the difference I am a Juve fan first and possibly a DP fan second. If DP left us for the future I really wonder where many of the juve fans would go. Yes his a symbol but like all symbols down the years you have to move on and look at the broader side to life.. which is your club. I have many memories of players before ADP and will continue to have many memories of players after DP...

Anyway back to votes. Its funny to see half of them players if not more aint even decent anymore. Heres my unbiased analysis.

David BECKHAM (England), - Just a decent crosser thats all and a set piece man, he shouldnt even be in the list.

CAFU Marcos Evangelista de Moraes (Brazil), - The express train exciting to watch I must admit but hasnt really made a major impact in winning something (trophies). Good at going up but TBH I would even put zambo ahead of him. Especially as the latter can defend too.

Hernán CRESPO (Argentina), - Sharp as always was brill in italy, also for his current club.. but at international level i dont rate him as much.

Luis FIGO (Portugal), - Great in his Real madrid days, but coming to italy really shows he isnt the same player.

Paolo MALDINI (Italy), - No doubt a legend, but in my eyes hasnt been great for the past few seasons and no matter how long he may play for it certainly isnt fair on other players to see him get the vote.

Michael BALLACK (Germany), - Great player, a formidable midfielder whose certainly made a huge difference at both national and international level. His injuries have been a curse for him but overall has one many trophies to back his bid.

RAÚL González Blanco (Spain), - Suffering bad patch, but certainly a dynamite. I enjoyed watching him back in the days however even then a certain ADP was better than him.

RONALDO Luíz Nazário de Lima (Brazil), - The fat man was fascinating to watch won many awards in his days, if he continued his form now he would be my numero uno. However his days are over and nowadays even my 3 year old nephew can play better football than him, and therefore doesnt deserve to be a winner here

Zinedine ZIDANE (France) - Has won almost everything there is to win, one of the worlds best and certainly a living legend. However for me I personally preferred a on form ADP than Zidane. Especially as ADP used to help in defending as well as going up. During the latter stages of Zidanes career I started to lose confidence in his aibility as it seemed he lost the passion for his club and as a result showed it all for his National team. His certainly made a bigger name around the world than ADP and remains to be one of the best in his positions.

Alessandro DEL PIERO (Italy), - Undoubtly one of the biggest names in italy. A CL winner as well as a world club winner. Had a bad spell but brought plenty of excitement to the game. His a player who single handedly used to make the difference. He is still a great player unlike many who are mentioned above. Its only fair to give a vote to a player who has remained more passionate about the game than the others...

Therefore ADP for me deserves to win it, he brought a great memory of how football should be played followed by a hatfull of goals with intimidating defending. A great assister, brilliant dribbler in his days and even now, he plays a formidable part in a shameful juve side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)