• Michel Salgado (Real Madrid)

• Paul Scholes (Manchester United)

• Andriy Shevchenko (Milan)

• Lilian Thuram (Juventus)

• Francesco Toldo (Inter)

• Francesco Totti (Roma)

• Hatem Trabelsi (Ajax Amsterdam)

• David Trezeguet (Juventus)

• Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United)

• Patrick Vieira (Arsenal)

• Christian Vieri (Inter)

• Sylvain Wiltord (Arsenal)

• Gianluca Zambrotta (Juventus)

• Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid)

• Pavel Nedved (Juventus)

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I had heard a whole lot of talk that Neddy was actually the favorite to win it this year.

Is that true, mere Italian propaganda, or a combo of the two??

His play so far this year shouldn't diminsih his chances to win, although it's technically not supposed to be based on this year's performance.

That's like saying the MVP award in baseball, basketball, and american football are supposed to be based on the regular season and noth the playoffs as well.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
My only fear is that either Buffon or Neddy wins it and then gets attracted to Chelski's mega-offers .. I know they are loyal players but in football crazier deals have happened before :frown:
neddy doesn't have to win the golden ball to be on the list of chelsky. he is already approached by them and although i find the money very tempting (none of it will end in my pocket) i find it hard to see juventus without nedved!!! but in that same area i also couldn't see juventus without zidane and BOOM comes nedved to fill the gap brilliantly!!! perhaps the stankovic rumers would be correct and he will end up defending the black and whites next season!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Gee, I wonder who voted for Giuly.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................

I could only bring myself to vote for 3.

Nedved, Maldini, and Makelele.

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #71
    In alphabethical order:

Buffon
    Maldini
    Nedved
    Totti
    Vieri

Alex so you like Monaco or just Giuly? I think if there was a Monaco player who should have been chosen for the list, that would have been Nonda, after all he was Le Championat's top scorer last year, no?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Alex so you like Monaco or just Giuly? I think if there was a Monaco player who should have been chosen for the list, that would have been Nonda, after all he was Le Championat's top scorer last year, no?
    Monaco :)

Yes, Nonda was brilliant last year and perhaps he would be nominated if it wasn't for his long term injury. Everyone knows what Prso did in his absence and it's not like Nonda isn't as good as Prso so.. and Nonda made a fine start to the season, scoring in just about all of the early games.

But Giuly really is something else, he's the captain and a real leader to the team, he scores a lot of important goals, as we speak he's top scorer for Monaco with 7 so far this year. Sort of like Nedved is to Juve if you will.

http://www.asmfoot.net/?rub=effectif

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #76
    Imo nonda should have been on that list ahead of some of the players nominated. These nominations just look like they are there to please certain teams and executives :rolleyes:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Nedved
    Maldini
    RVN
    Buffon
    Deco (one of the players from the list bellow would be in his place if he hadn't won 4 titles last year)

:stress:

it's really tough leaving out players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Henry, R.Carlos, Raul, Makaay, Nesta, Totti and Vieri :stress: :groan:

This is too close...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I voted for:
    1-nedved
    2-maldini
    3-Buffon
    4-Zidane
    5-R carlos.

Hey alex... why you believe so much in Giuly?? :D

I have him i my fantasy team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Gianluca Zambrotta has considered "already an honor" appearing in the list of the 50 soccer players who fight for the Golden Ball 2003 .

ROME (EFE) -- Gianluca Zambrotta, player of Juventus Turin and to which his technician Marcello Lippi has reconverted the last campaign from Right Midfielder to leftback, has considered "already an honor" appearing in the list of the 50 soccer players who fight for the Golden Ball 2003.

"Perhaps I will not receive any vote, but that doesnt matters. Just to be one of the 50 olayers is a great honor. To tell you the truth , i was not waiting for it. It is a particular and strange sensation", it has commented Zambrotta on its nomination in this list. The player from Juventus, in addition, has indicated how he found out the list:

"I was eating with (Marco) Di Vaio and, after hearing my name in television, immediately I said to him: we have understood well, they have said Zambrotta ".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)