Golden Ball For Del Piero (1 Viewer)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
:D No, it ain't a joke..I heard ZZ and Inzaghi would be serious contenders so if Alex keeps on bangin' like he's doin' right now I think there's no pssible comparison...
We've been dreamin' of it so long, so why wouldn't it come true?!

Buy on AliExpress.com

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
WIKID, dp or pippo with the golden boot would be brillliant!!

stop the dominance of players like jardel and larsson winning the boot....

and u did mean dp not zz right, coz zz winning the golden boot then :dontcare: coz thats just bull :)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by olkiller ] ++
:D No, it ain't a joke..I heard ZZ and Inzaghi would be serious contenders so if Alex keeps on bangin' like he's doin' right now I think there's no pssible comparison...
We've been dreamin' of it so long, so why wouldn't it come true?!
He would have to keep this type of form all season, it would be hard even then.

OP

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    B]++ [[/B] originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

He would have to keep this type of form all season, it would be hard even then. [/QUOTE]

I don't agree ricken!:D:fero::dontcare:

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    ok ofcourse I agree with this because it is long overdue

But to get it in a world Cup year you need a glamerous world Cup

which would elimnate the contenders to two nations
    Sometimes even the semi finalists are possible contenders but not this year since The Semi Finalists have two inferior players (meaning S Korea and Turkey)

I would say the golden ball will be between
    Brazil and Germany
    from Brazil: from Germany
    Ronaldinho Ballack
    Ronaldo Kahn

As much as I would want Ronaldinho I think because of the Strength of Labels and Nike it is going to be by all means Ronaldo.

As for Ballack and Kahn I think is the streongest Contender

But If you as a Defensive Midfileder score 25 goals in the Bundesliga you also have to be considered.....

So as much
    as I would want I don't see it happening this year

But if DP continues to rise through this year and keeps going next then 2003 will be his year.......

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
    ok ofcourse I agree with this because it is long overdue

But to get it in a world Cup year you need a glamerous world Cup

which would elimnate the contenders to two nations
    Sometimes even the semi finalists are possible contenders but not this year since The Semi Finalists have two inferior players (meaning S Korea and Turkey)

I would say the golden ball will be between
    Brazil and Germany
    from Brazil: from Germany
    Ronaldinho Ballack
    Ronaldo Kahn

As much as I would want Ronaldinho I think because of the Strength of Labels and Nike it is going to be by all means Ronaldo.

As for Ballack and Kahn I think is the streongest Contender

But If you as a Defensive Midfileder score 25 goals in the Bundesliga you also have to be considered.....

So as much
    as I would want I don't see it happening this year

But if DP continues to rise through this year and keeps going next then 2003 will be his year.......
    First of all, Ronalinho doesn't have a chance, he plays in France. Secondly, Ballack is not a defensive mid-fielder. Third, Goalkeepers are rarely even considered for it, so the only way Kahn will be in the running is if Bayern do really well in the CL.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

First of all, Ronalinho doesn't have a chance, he plays in France. Secondly, Ballack is not a defensive mid-fielder. Third, Goalkeepers are rarely even considered for it, so the only way Kahn will be in the running is if Bayern do really well in the CL.
    so out of the 4 people there it is Ronaldo left....
    so according to your single out theory he should be the winner...

And Ballack is a defensive Midfileder that likes to go forwards a lot,,,,,,

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    GonJ, the Golden Boot is meant to reward the most prolific striker in European leagues. Isn't it le Ballon D'Or we're talking about?

If you don't mind, I'll quote myself from elsewhere. :) My Top 3 contenders...

1/ Zidane should be amongst the best-placed candidates like ever. This time, mostly for his mediatic transfer and his victorious CL campaign which was, no need to remind you, finished off in style and will undoubtedly go down in history! At least that's branded in everybody's mind.

2/ Thanks to his unexpected winning comeback during the WC (and its huge mediatic exposure) and his rocambolesque transfer to Real, Ronaldo's chances could be sky-high if he's able to make a couple of convincing appearances before the votes start. Either way, from my perspective, that would be unfair. He ought to play more to be judged on par with everybody else.

3/ Last but not least, Del Piero should have a fair chance as well. This is where I am taxed with bias but as I see it, he really carried Juve upon his shoulder since last season, scoring loads of (important) goals. He's now in a marvellous form, it's all about keeping it up. And since silverware does matter, Juve won Serie A.

Ciao.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
    3/ Last but not least, Del Piero should have a fair chance as well. This is where I am taxed with bias but as I see it, he really carried Juve upon his shoulder since last season, scoring loads of (important) goals. He's now in a marvellous form, it's all about keeping it up. And since silverware does matter, Juve won Serie A.
    Good points but perhaps you share my impression that it's too little too late. After all, it's "only" the Serie A, Alex won no other trophies. I fear it's just enough for a good impression, a solid good impression, but winning merit, I doubt it.

modan

Jul 13, 2002
    well i dont see why del piero can't take the golden boot although it may seem an uphill task to us all...and please, S. Korea and Turkey are not inferior, they have proven to the world that quality doesn't matter, reputation does not matter, mental strength and style of play does....

well its quite difficult for ronaldinho to win it, he's at a club which is on the brink of bankruptcy...

ronaldo may stand a chance, but being in a team like Real Madrid, he won't have too much time on the pitch and he may not really score because most of his WC goals are just finishings...he's not back to his peak form yet....

zz, great player, flashes of brilliance entertaining the crowd, but he doesn't score many goals, he just tries to create spaces...

delpiero, of course the best choice for me...a great striker and playmaker..scores loads of wonderful goals

last but not least pippo inzaghi...i havn't seen him play before, but i know this guys is out for more.... ...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Ronaldo would be the joke of the year, just like Owen last time. He practically only played in the World Cup throughout the entire season!

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Good points but perhaps you share my impression that it's too little too late. After all, it's "only" the Serie A, Alex won no other trophies. I fear it's just enough for a good impression, a solid good impression, but winning merit, I doubt it.
    I don't know, Martin. I don't think silverware will matter that much this time. Noone clearly dominated the world scene, even at the WC. Well, Ronaldo did but many things soften the feat. If we're to take it into account, then Roberto Carlos has the best chance, winning both the WC and the CL. But that's not gonna happen, from my perspective! He's a defender and that's not the most mediatic or glamourous role. Mediatic exposure really does matter. Kahn won't ever win anything for that reason. The other WC winners haven't underperformed at club level but they did nothing spectacular. Ballack is a contender of course but then again, he won nothing. That's why Zidane remains my hottest favourite for the award! He's won the CL in great style and he's Zidane!

Alex had a wonderful season 2001-2002, he was one of the few dissapointments for Italy at the WC, even scoring a very midiatic goal (again, that's important) which he celebrated in great fashion! Now he's in the form of his life, outscoring his 1997-1998 season so far, scoring vital goals, hitting braces after braces, in moments that really matter (the controversial Parma equalizer was a good thing for his mental). Now he's got one hell of a big opportunity to shine at international level against Yugoslavia and definitively impose himself. If he can do something there and keeps up the good form, then we'll have to count with him for the next Ballon D'Or, definitely. At least, he's the one with the best chances for Serie A, no matter what SuperPippo is busy at.

Ciao.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    True, few have made a grand impact the past year. And no, Roberto Carlos is not getting it. I don't get why Figo is nominated again, some of the players making the list are the same every year.

A factor that will work agains Alex IMO is that Serie A has lost some of the glamour it used to have. In 97/98, apart from the World Cup I think he would have won it. Of course we also had an extended run in the CL at the time. But today winning the scudetto is not the same feat it was in the eyes of the global community.

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
    GonJ, the Golden Boot is meant to reward the most prolific striker in European leagues. Isn't it le Ballon D'Or we're talking about?

oops sorry my mistake

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    I think people or getting confused Here

Owen never won the golden ball

only the golden boot

(Golden Boot) Given out to most profilic scorer in Europe
    In June Every Year.

(Golden Ball) Given Out to best overall player of the year (NOT SEason) Voted by the NT Coaches of the World.

So First of all I Wouldn't count on Trap voting Del Piero for number 1.

Secondly The Golden Ball. Because it is NT Coaches has during the past times Always gone to WC champion the year the WC is played. 94 it was Romario altough his Season wasn't profilic. 98 it was Zidane because of the WC. This year it will by all probablity be Ronaldo because he scored more goals then anyone has done during the last 18 years of WC competiton..........

OP

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    Read that shieaat down here:Calcio: Generico: Generico
    Pallone d'Oro: l'anno buono per Alex Del Piero? 04/10/2002
    10:34.17
    Lo juventino sembra avere qualche chances in più rispetto a
    Ballack, Raul e Roberto Carlos

L'anno buono di Alex?
    Per Alessandro Del Piero il Pallone d'Oro rimane un sogno.
    Quarto nel 1995 e nel 1996, anni in cui la Juve di Lippi
    era al suo apice.
    Erano anni in cui la Vecchia Signora spopolava in Europa
    (finalista di Coppa Uefa e vincente di Champions League) e
    in Italia (scudetto e secondo posto).
    Una situazione che assomiglia molto a quella di oggi:
    nell'anno solare 2002, Pinturicchio, pur non avendo
    sfigurato con la nazionale (quando Trap gli ha dato fiducia
    ha sempre risposto con i gol, uno agli Usa a Catania, uno
    al Messico ai Mondiali ed un altro in Azerbaigian.
    Ma è tra supercoppa di Lega (doppietta che ha steso il
    Parma), campionato (decisivo il suo apporto al titolo 2001-
    02) e Champions League (tre centri nelle prime tre gare)
    che Alex ha guadagnato secondo noi il credito necessario
    per candidarsi al trofeo di France Football.
    Un merito, quello di Del Piero, che va sommato alle
    situazioni non certo felicissime degli altri teorici
    candidati.
    Partiamo da quelli che il Pallone d'Oro l'hanno già vinto:
    Rivaldo ha fatto un grande Mondiale, ma nel Barcellona è
    stato al di sotto dei suoi standard abituali, mentre al
    Milan non ha ancora brillato.
    Discorso inverso per Figo e Zidane, che pur avendo vinto
    Champions League e Supercoppa con il Real, in Giappone non
    si sono praticamente visti.
    Ronaldo, poi, è stato più in infermeria che in campo,
    mentre Owen ha giocato ad intermittenza.
    Restano, quindi in quattro: oltre a Del Piero, noi citiamo
    Raul, Roberto Carlos e Ballack, ma per tutti ci sarebbe
    qualcosa da puntualizzare.
    Raul non è praticamente mai stato decisivo, nè con la
    Spagna, nè con il Real; Roberto Carlos è quello che ha
    vinto di più, ma è pur sempre un difensore e - se
    permettete - dopo non aver dato il trofeo a Maldini e
    Baresi - sarebbe uno scandalo assegnarlo a lui.
    Resta Ballack: annata straordinaria, gol e sostanza, ma
    anche quattro secondi posti, tre con il Bayer Leverkusen
    (campionato, coppa e champions), uno con la nazionale ai
    Mondiali.
    Ecco perchè secondo noi, Alessandro Del Piero è in pole
    position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)