Global Warming Discussion (27 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How exactly does the bias come into effect for the climate change proponents? Big business doesn't support them, corporate politics don't support them, their views fly in the face of the immediate interests of most corporations and countries in this world...

This isn't to say they are 100% right... but there is hardly the incentive there. And most peer-reviewed science supports their position to at least some extent. Hence the reason the debate should be about the severity of climate change. Denial of its very existence is an absolutely idiotic position at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you here Zach. It's just disappointing that it has to be like this. It means everything becomes are retarded polemic and it's irritating to sift through all the madness to figure out what the reality actually is.
I fully agree, its quite irritable indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember a huge lobby group comming up with "life needs CO2, its not bad, we enhance lift"

Truely stunned when i heard that

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Classic:

"Now, if you went to a doctor. No, let’s change that. You go to 100 doctors and 99 of 'em tell you you’ve got diabetes; you’ve got to stop eating bacon and doughnuts everyday and we have to monitor your health and we have to fix this. You wouldn’t say 'Ohhh, that’s a conspiracy. They’re making that up. All 99 of those doctors got together with Obama to try to prevent me from having bacon and doughnuts.’ You wouldn’t do that!”

[video=facebook;10153443510543861]https://www.facebook.com/IamFreddieB/videos/10153443510543861/[/video]
@ 3'46"

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Classic:

"Now, if you went to a doctor. No, let’s change that. You go to 100 doctors and 99 of 'em tell you you’ve got diabetes; you’ve got to stop eating bacon and doughnuts everyday and we have to monitor your health and we have to fix this. You wouldn’t say 'Ohhh, that’s a conspiracy. They’re making that up. All 99 of those doctors got together with Obama to try to prevent me from having bacon and doughnuts.’ You wouldn’t do that!”

[video=facebook;10153443510543861]https://www.facebook.com/IamFreddieB/videos/10153443510543861/[/video]
@ 3'46"
:lol:

Isn't this kinda what the anti-vaxxers do? :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

I fully agree, its quite irritable indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember a huge lobby group comming up with "life needs CO2, its not bad, we enhance lift"

Truely stunned when i heard that

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Classic:

@ 3'46"

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't this kinda what the anti-vaxxers do? :shifty:
There are a lot of those groups around tbh :D

Creationists, Anti-vaxxers, Climate-change deniers....

Not all of them are on the same level of ridiculousness of course, but it's the same principle.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of those groups around tbh :D

Creationists, Anti-vaxxers, Climate-change deniers....

Not all of them are on the same level of ridiculousness of course, but it's the same principle.
My dear fellow...

I most fiercely object to your lack of objectivity here. The leader of #TeamObjectivity must be more empathetic to the viewpoints of the minority. You must take up the sword for such groups, and if needs be, fall upon it, seppuku-style. This lack of continuity in terms of your objective stances throws all previous objective moments under the bright lights of a strong suspicion that your objectivity is not entirely real, but instead a simulacrum, a copy, a model, a farcical caricature engaged in self-referential ploys at building up a fictional credibility.

Shame on you, coyote.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
My dear fellow...

I most fiercely object to your lack of objectivity here. The leader of #TeamObjectivity must be more empathetic to the viewpoints of the minority. You must take up the sword for such groups, and if needs be, fall upon it, seppuku-style. This lack of continuity in terms of your objective stances throws all previous objective moments under the bright lights of a strong suspicion that your objectivity is not entirely real, but instead a simulacrum, a copy, a model, a farcical caricature engaged in self-referential ploys at building up a fictional credibility.

Shame on you, coyote.
I see you still don't understand what objectivity is all about :disagree:

You see, Juve fans are a small minority among all football fans. It would be decidedly un-objective to assume the viewpoint of a Juve fan when discussing football - objectively speaking.

However, the overwhelming majority of peer-reviewed scientists agree on climate change, making it the default choice for any proud member of #teamobjective

Nah, but in all seriousness fuck this #team BS and fuck you for successfully stigmatising the word objectively for the next few months on this forum :lol: :p

- - - Updated - - -

icemaη;5217079 said:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

My nefarious schemes have worked their magic... :D

Aside from this though, majority does not equal objectivity. Majority often acts and thinks subjectively all throughout human history. Objectivity means detaching yourself from not just personal bias, but also popular opinion, and analyzing things based upon cold hard facts.

As in, it was a penalty. And creationism is right!

:weee:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Classic:

@ 3'46"
He forgot to mention those 99 doctors are also consultants for big pharma. :rolleyes2

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
After the early studies on climate change/etc. One side has been reactionary through the entire process, and attacking scientific studies throughout, and it's not the side advocating that climate change is a real thing. It's almost as bad as creationism vs evolution, and the idiots who actually make this out to be a real argument.

I live in a country with our last government being a climate change denier and therefore slashing environmental spending massively.
That's not my point. It's all politics and the fact is that we're wasting money on green energy, which won't change shit, because of the quota system. Money which could've been spent on R&D, but we have politicians who don't want to lose face.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
That's not my point. It's all politics and the fact is that we're wasting money on green energy, which won't change shit, because of the quota system. Money which could've been spent on R&D, but we have politicians who don't want to lose face.
True, if you mean R&D on green energy ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)