Giuseppe Rossi (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Rossi between Juve and Man Utd

Juventus face competition from Manchester United if they want to sign Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi this summer.

The Bianconeri want Rossi to rejuvenate their ageing attack next season.

He caught their eye playing for Italy at the Confederations Cup where he scored two goals.

The 22-year-old is currently locked in contract talks with Villarreal, negotiating a renewal.

However, El Submarino Amarillo would be open to offers worth between £20m and £25m.

Earlier this week, Rossi said he would like to return to Italy.

He had two spells at Parma, one as a youth team player between 2000 and 2004 and another on loan in 2007.

Sandwiched between his two stints at Parma was a move to Manchester United.

The English champions were the ones who sold Rossi to Villarreal and apparently have first option on him should he become available again.

With £80m to spend, Sir Alex Ferguson could yet choose to bring Rossi back to Old Trafford.

Juventus are at another disadvantage when it comes to signing Rossi because he is also a Milan fan.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun26g.html

Mar 10, 2009
hmm

how exactly would you fit rossi in our system ?

assuming diego will start and he plays just behind the front two. Would you really prefer Amauri and rossi over amauri and trez ? Besides does this mean that giovinco will be completely ignored ?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah, there's also some good young players in my street. They would obviously come alot cheaper and is like 14 years old. Should we buy those too? :agree:
haha just trying to throw some options out there. Catch it soak it in a little bit, if you don't like it just throw it back :eyebrows:

Jun 13, 2007
Rossi seems very unlikely now.

But if he does come to Juve, I don't see how he'll really cause Giovinco any competition or why he won't fit in our formation.

First of all, playing a formation consisting of both Amauri and Trez just would mean we would lack some much needed ceativity upfront. Trez and Amauri are both finishers, they aren't the type of players that would drop back and create something for their teammates. Right now, only Del piero offers us that and now at the age of 34 his lack of presence upfront will be sorely missed.

That's where Rossi comes in, he can at least partially close that monumental gap upfront. Del piero won't be playing regularly because of his age and personally, I don't like the prospect of having different pairings consisting of basically the same player, Amauri, Trez, and Iaquinta.

He doesn't even play in Giovinco's position so I don't see how his arrival would imply we have forgotten about Giovinco. That's just irrelevant.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Rossi seems very unlikely now.

But if he does come to Juve, I don't see how he'll really cause Giovinco any competition or why he won't fit in our formation.

First of all, playing a formation consisting of both Amauri and Trez just would mean we would lack some much needed ceativity upfront. Trez and Amauri are both finishers, they aren't the type of players that would drop back and create something for their teammates. Right now, only Del piero offers us that and now at the age of 34 his lack of presence upfront will be sorely missed.

That's where Rossi comes in, he can at least partially close that monumental gap upfront. Del piero won't be playing regularly because of his age and personally, I don't like the prospect of having different pairings consisting of basically the same player, Amauri, Trez, and Iaquinta.

He doesn't even play in Giovinco's position so I don't see how his arrival would imply we have forgotten about Giovinco. That's just irrelevant.
that's why we signed a Brazilian playmaker

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
for that kind of money we dont need him. put faith in giovinco, and if we have that kind of cash, push for defenders and another midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)