Giuseppe Rossi (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
If we signed Rossi instead of strengthening the defence, criticism of Secco would be completely justified.
No doubt that we will get a LB.. who is the question:lol: Dossena is the favourite and he is not so good IMO.

We have great CBs.. but we surely need atleast one good LB and we should get a RB to even if I thinks thats not going to happen

Jun 13, 2007
You know what?Inter and Real were defeated in the same round as we were. Milan didnt even play in the CL.
Ah but Real were La Liga champions last year. Inter won Serie A last year and this this year. Both teams have much better squads than Juve. Milan won the C.L not very long ago and also have a more talented squad than ours. The fact that we beat Milan comes down to sheer spirit, motivation, and determination.

We didn't beat them because we are a better team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No doubt that we will get a LB.. who is the question:lol: Dossena is the favourite and he is not so good IMO.

We have great CBs.. but we surely need atleast one good LB and we should get a RB to even if I thinks thats not going to happen
We don't have great CBs.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I doubt Rossi would get similar wages to Trez, so were saving money there that could also go towards this transfer.

We co-owned Palladino for €5m and Lanzafame for €2.5m so the other 50% would cost that much as well. We could probably get €5m for Marchionni and €3-4m for Almiron.

If the rumours of €15m + Trez are accurate, we could certainly afford it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think we have the best CB's in serie A.

Chiellini-Legro is easilly the best partnership in Italy. Add Cannavaro and you can only get better.
Inter have the best CBs.

Any combination of Samuel, Cordoba, Chivu (and soon Carvalho) is better than Juve's.

Roma, with Mexes and Juan, are at a similar level, too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
As much as I like Rossi, fricking hell, why are we spending so much on attacking players? I am worried that we will only bring in Grosso for around €5-6m and the rest will all be on offensive players.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Exactly.

But that doesn't matter, I think our budget last year was around 50 M if I'm not mistaken. We have to pay big money, it's as simple as that. Our squad in terms of talent is nowhere near Europe's most elite teams like United, Chelsea, Real, Barca, Milan, Inter, Arsenal.

We're a second rate European team, we fall under the category of 'good' teams like Sevilla, Fiorentina, and Villareal. We have to take it a step further in the transfer market to be able to be under the category of 'great' teams.

Yes, we might have to take a gamble but if not now then when?
Look how many spanish sides are in debt or will be going into debt. We don't have an Abramovich or Moratti. Milan are in a crisis now, and our books are balanced with a new stadium on the way. I like our route better than many of the ones i mentioned.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
As much as I like Rossi, fricking hell, why are we spending so much on attacking players? I am worried that we will only bring in Grosso for around €5-6m and the rest will all be on offensive players.
If you are worried that we will get Grosso.. what are you if we get Dossena instead of Grosso:lol: ?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If we signed Rossi instead of strengthening the defence, criticism of Secco would be completely justified.
I would be fine with a new LB and Canna as our defensive mercato. That only means that we would have to spend HEAVILY next summer as Zebina, Canna, Legro, Mellberg, and "Grosso" would be far too old. That said, I still want D'ago. Why can't we spend this kind of money and bring Dzeko and Salvio instead?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You mean the fullbacks right? (not a good start with losing both DC and Criscito....) Because he would prolly get the same players without signing Rossi as he would with him signed, Dossena (uuuuuuuuurgh), Grosso or hopefully Filipe, and RB Zuniga or Eboue.

Dont think would sacrifice one for the other, because getting these players entails we need to sell a fullback or 2 and finance it through that with those fees and salaries you get rid of.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Inter have the best CBs.

Any combination of Samuel, Cordoba, Chivu (and soon Carvalho) is better than Juve's.

Inters D scares the hell out of me. I remember when we had a backline that was that intimidating. All back 4 are great for them and surely only going to get better with moratti's money.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Look how many spanish sides are in debt or will be going into debt. We don't have an Abramovich or Moratti. Milan are in a crisis now, and our books are balanced with a new stadium on the way. I like our route better than many of the ones i mentioned.

With that in mind, any losses during this year and next would have a much better chance of being absorbed once the new staidum opens. Unlike 90% of the teams in Serie A, this new stadium gives Juve a light at the end of the financial tunnel.

Jun 13, 2007
Inter have the best CBs.

Individually, I would also rate Inter's CB's higher than Juve's but as an overall partnership, I think Legro-Chiellini are outstanding. The reason Inter are so good defensively is mainly due to their fullbacks, Maicon, Santon, rather than their CB's.

Again, I never said we should go around spending hundreds of millions of euros but extending our budget by 10 to 15 M should not do us too much harm. We aren't going to go very far when we have players like Molinaro or Grygera as regular starters. We may be playing it safer than the rest of Europe, but one day it's going to bite us in the ass if we don't get results soon.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
Individually, I would also rate Inter's CB's higher than Juve's but as an overall partnership, I think Legro-Chiellini are outstanding. The reason Inter are so good defensively is mainly due to their fullbacks, Maicon, Santon, rather than their CB's.

Again, I never said we should go around spending hundreds of millions of euros but extending our budget by 10 to 15 M should not do us too much harm. We aren't going to go very far when we have players like Molinaro or Grygera as regular starters. We may be playing it safer than the rest of Europe, but one day it's going to bite us in the ass if we don't get results soon.
i think grygera is fine (??). he needs some good competition tho, and zebina doesn't give that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)