Giuseppe Rossi - SS - Villarreal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't see what the big deal is. The guy is Italian, doesn't matter where he's born. But because he holds citizenship of both countries he has a choice who he wants to represent. Should he pick the US just because that's where he got his training? What's the logic there? By that logic Muslimović should play for Sweden and Trezeguet should play for Argentina.
Actually he got main part of his training at Parma.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

roots are roots you can't do nothing about it, the mere place where you were born is of a lesser importance. i was born in sarajevo but i'm living in zagreb for as long as i know myself. even though i have mixed backgrounds, my parents both are bosnian. i'd always consider myself a bosnian because of that, even if i wasn't born there but here in croatia. you simply can't go against your heritage.

rossi was born in usa but he's italian, everything about him is italian, starting with his name. it doesn't matter that he was born in the usa since his parents obviously have not left their roots behind them and further passed their heritage on to their son. rossi's first word was most likely in italian not american. what i'm trying to say is it doesn't matter where you were born, it's the enviroment you were born in and lived in that matters. you still have to love and respect the country you live in, like i do with croatia, but you must never leave your roots behind and rossi playing with america would mean that imo.

andy, you're probably born and raised in america so i don't think you understand how it feels to be a stranger in ones country, it takes more than a few generations to be fully accepted by that country to be called a true american, italian or whichever, take my word on that, roots don't go away so easily. you gotta understand rossi's decision.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I thought he had potential when he was at Man Utd,but he hasnt really blown the opposition away with Newcastle so far.Maybe the english game doesnt suit him.If he's cheap,then i wouldnt mind him at Juventus.Him choosing Italy over the U.S doesnt count for shit as long as he's a good player.

EXACTLY:agree:

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
If one of you Americans moved to the UK, and raised a son there, wouldn't you want your son to play for the US rather than the UK? Who are you to say his roots are his area code rather then his DNA?

Kind of the same story with Ibra, he wanted to play for Croatia because his father wanted him to. But was already Sweden bound or something like that.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
roots are roots you can't do nothing about it, the mere place where you were born is of a lesser importance. i was born in sarajevo but i'm living in zagreb for as long as i know myself. even though i have mixed backgrounds, my parents both are bosnian. i'd always consider myself a bosnian because of that, even if i wasn't born there but here in croatia. you simply can't go against your heritage.

rossi was born in usa but he's italian, everything about him is italian, starting with his name. it doesn't matter that he was born in the usa since his parents obviously have not left their roots behind them and further passed their heritage on to their son. rossi's first word was most likely in italian not american. what i'm trying to say is it doesn't matter where you were born, it's the enviroment you were born in and lived in that matters. you still have to love and respect the country you live in, like i do with croatia, but you must never leave your roots behind and rossi playing with america would mean that imo.

andy, you're probably born and raised in america so i don't think you understand how it feels to be a stranger in ones country, it takes more than a few generations to be fully accepted by that country to be called a true american, italian or whichever, take my word on that, roots don't go away so easily. you gotta understand rossi's decision.
Yeah exactly. :=)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
its true, he grew up in the USA, obviously had some soccer training here, but was seasoned in Italy, with the Parma youth teams...

his parents are straight from Italy, he speaks fluent Italian, he has spent some years over there, so I can understand his decision
spot on mate, He was trained in one of the best youth systems in Italy.Thats where he became the player he is now

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
He is a very good player and anyone who has seen him properly will tell you that. His movement is terrific, and his touch and awareness are terrific, the only problem is that he is small, other than that he is very good and if he develops properly he will become a n excellent player
How are you doing Sateeh?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
He is a very good player and anyone who has seen him properly will tell you that. His movement is terrific, and his touch and awareness are terrific, the only problem is that he is small, other than that he is very good and if he develops properly he will become a n excellent player
How are you doing Sateeh?
Am all good mate, hope ur well too.

abt rossi, imo although he impressed me in some games but he isnt the best option especially for us.We would need to pay alot of money for him and i dont think the other italian teams would go for him especially since Man U want alot of money for him.

But that goal he scored last week just showed his ability :tup:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Am all good mate, hope ur well too.

abt rossi, imo although he impressed me in some games but he isnt the best option especially for us.We would need to pay alot of money for him and i dont think the other italian teams would go for him especially since Man U want alot of money for him.

But that goal he scored last week just showed his ability :tup:
I was not even thinking of him as a juve player, i was just saying he is a very good player, shame how in italy not a lot of clubs make use of youngsters like him and allow potential careers to rot, instead players in their 30s like figo and vieira are moving from 1 big club to another earning fat salaries when its so obvious their careers are on the wane. Look at the incredibly stupid and farcical situation at Milan where they are going for Ronaldo, same week in which Ancelotti was admitting that his players are not fit, then they go for the unfittest player in world football. Have you seen them this season? They are pathetic shadow of what they used to be, no freshness at all. In 4 or 5 seasons Milan have managed to acquire just 1 great buy in kaka, the rest have been from the just above average in gilardino to the head scratching in favalli, pancaro, jankulowski et al. Then the decidely average olivera and just absolutely ridiculous amoroso. Then they wonder why they are struggling. The likes of Rossi had to go to England to ply their trade. Would you believe that Costacurta and Maldini played in cl final in 1987/88 season and could do so now?

Mar 6, 2005
This no loyalty bullshit is really pissing me off.. Sounds like some people are pissed over him choosing to play for italy instead of the US.. So fucking what? It's his choice, he's allowed to, get off his back..

Andy said:
But the kid has absolutely no respect and did not give a care to the people who helped nurture his growth as a footballer in the states. For that reason, and for the fact he's just about as loyal as a smutty whore, certainly does not make him welcome at my Juventus in my opinion. But of course the people who support the Azzurri will think differently, so there is really no point in discussing it. I just don't respect him.
Sour grapes, Andy? Out of line, and none of your business imo.. (unless you're gonna turn this into how he turned his back on the land of the free?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)