Giuseppe Rossi - SS - Villarreal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
He was born in New Jersey in the US, but adopted Italy for citizenship because his parents are first generation immigrants, and he spent time training there. I could do the same with Canada and Italy for passports, but I'm not turning my back on my country. It's a matter of patriotism, and in my opinion he has none.
It's kind of a gray area, he may have been born in the states but he grow up in the Parma youth system. He speaks fluent Italian and of course English too. But you could say the same thing about Freedy Adu he wasn't born here but plays for the Usa.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Max

Jul 15, 2003
But the kid has absolutely no respect and did not give a care to the people who helped nurture his growth as a footballer in the states. For that reason, and for the fact he's just about as loyal as a smutty whore, certainly does not make him welcome at my Juventus in my opinion. But of course the people who support the Azzurri will think differently, so there is really no point in discussing it. I just don't respect him.
:agree:

Max

Jul 15, 2003
It's kind of a gray area, he may have been born in the states but he grow up in the Parma youth system. He speaks fluent Italian and of course English too. But you could say the same thing about Freedy Adu he wasn't born here but plays for the Usa.
He moved over in 2003-04. Therefore, his grassroots development was done in the United States.

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
Eh, I guess. His parents are first-generation immigrants though, and I was under the impression that he was younger [like thirteen or so] when he went back to Italy.

That having been said, I'd rather we kept faith with our youngsters instead of going after him. We have enough in the striking department and we need to make people feel like there's some stability at Juventus, not just going after every other name in the headlines.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
But the kid has absolutely no respect and did not give a care to the people who helped nurture his growth as a footballer in the states. For that reason, and for the fact he's just about as loyal as a smutty whore, certainly does not make him welcome at my Juventus in my opinion. But of course the people who support the Azzurri will think differently, so there is really no point in discussing it. I just don't respect him.
ok no discussions.. but in which form are expecting him to give care to the people who helped him.. I mean you can not know what he is doing

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Damn. I thought this was going to be about Guido Rossi. :(
:rofl: ,

I'll take that as sarcasm.:D :pint:

@Andy,

I understand why Rossi made his choice. To be fair, I would have done the same. After all, players want to compete at the highest level, and whilst Italia are perrenial contender for WC, USA, while a better than most give credit for, are not quite at the Italian level. The same applies to Owen Hargreaves, I guess.

Nonetheless, I am with you that there should be some limitations at least in terms of how long a player should stay in certain country before applying to the national team. I find it distatesful, how some people are using their lineage to claim certain nationality, which they are not. In my books, if you havent lived in certain countries for specific period of time, then there is nowhere you will fully understand the culture. And as far as I am concerned, it is the culture that makes certain nationality not blood.

OP
Matteo4Azzurri
Jan 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #29
    Yeah after yesterday, who's not going to be interested in him?

It's in the best interests of both MUFC and Rossi for Rossi to stay in Italy. In Man Utd, he will never get any playing time. The reason is a certain untouchable named Shrek, aka Wayne Rooney...and that's a shame. I dunno how Manchester get their hands on so many young talents, Rooney, Rossi, Ronaldo, it's ridiculous. But anyway, it's better for Rossi to stay in Italy if it means he'll get more playing time and a sooner Azzurri call up, which I assume he rather wants.

And 4.2 million pounds isn't that much, is it? Not for one of the hottest upcoming prospects...but that's for everyone else to decide. :toast:
    100% agree. This kid is going to be great. I hope Juve makes a serious bid for him.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    He was born in New Jersey in the US, but adopted Italy for citizenship because his parents are first generation immigrants, and he spent time training there. I could do the same with Canada and Italy for passports, but I'm not turning my back on my country. It's a matter of patriotism, and in my opinion he has none.
    Have you seen US football?

I don't blame him one bit. :)

Igal

Mar 8, 2004
    Looks like he's a very perspective player with huge potential. I sure would like to see him in Juve alongside Palladino. He could be the new DP...

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Nonetheless, I am with you that there should be some limitations at least in terms of how long a player should stay in certain country before applying to the national team. I find it distatesful, how some people are using their lineage to claim certain nationality, which they are not. In my books, if you havent lived in certain countries for specific period of time, then there is nowhere you will fully understand the culture. And as far as I am concerned, it is the culture that makes certain nationality not blood.

I don't agree with that mentality. For example, I'm originally Iranian, but I have never actually lived there before, only been there for a short term holidays (1-3months max). The last time I visited my country was like more than 8 years ago. I still consider myself Iranian no matter what... Be it 8 years or 18 years, it doesn't make a difference.

Now I would agree with Argentine's if they were mad to see Camoranesi play for Italy, because he had Italian roots what so ever. However, with Rossi, its different case, as he's originally Italian and has every right to chose his original nation.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Now I would agree with Argentine's if they were mad to see Camoranesi play for Italy, because he had Italian roots what so ever. However, with Rossi, its different case, as he's originally Italian and has every right to chose his original nation.
    What are you talking about? Rossi is not "originally Italian." He's originally from Jersey, born and raised. Camoranesi, on the other hand, has Italian ancestry as well. :shifty:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)