Giuseppe Rossi - SS - Villarreal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
For those who are so upset at Rossi for choosing Italy over the US, get over it. And quickly.

Unless you can honestly tell me that if you were in the same exact situation as he is, that you have the opportunity to play for the country of your Parent's roots, to have the chance to play for a country that will bring you prestige, glory, history, tradition, fame, fortune, worldwide recognition, and that you would turn it down, then don't under any circumstance, blast this kid because he made that choice.

Let me give you a little lesson on Italian Americans and their love of Italian football and the Azzurri.

It is a birthright, it is instilled into them from a very young age, regardless of what part of the United States they are from. They are brought to every Italian American social club when they are a child on Sunday Mornings, and they watch Italian Football. There are posters, banners, signs, articles, of all great Italian players, past and present at these watering holes. They are surrounded by it at home. This passion is handed down to every generation, be it boy or girl.

This may sound a little crass and egotistical, but if you are not Italian American, then you wouldn't understand. I can't speak for other ethnic groups in the US, but Italian Americans and their love of the Azzurri is one of a kind. It is a dream to be able to play for, or to play in Italy. That's just the way it is, and it isn't going to change.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Matteo4Azzurri
Jan 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #102
    For those who are so upset at Rossi for choosing Italy over the US, get over it. And quickly.

Unless you can honestly tell me that if you were in the same exact situation as he is, that you have the opportunity to play for the country of your Parent's roots, to have the chance to play for a country that will bring you prestige, glory, history, tradition, fame, fortune, worldwide recognition, and that you would turn it down, then don't under any circumstance, blast this kid because he made that choice.

Let me give you a little lesson on Italian Americans and their love of Italian football and the Azzurri.

It is a birthright, it is instilled into them from a very young age, regardless of what part of the United States they are from. They are brought to every Italian American social club when they are a child on Sunday Mornings, and they watch Italian Football. There are posters, banners, signs, articles, of all great Italian players, past and present at these watering holes. They are surrounded by it at home. This passion is handed down to every generation, be it boy or girl.

This may sound a little crass and egotistical, but if you are not Italian American, then you wouldn't understand. I can't speak for other ethnic groups in the US, but Italian Americans and their love of the Azzurri is one of a kind. It is a dream to be able to play for, or to play in Italy. That's just the way it is, and it isn't going to change.
    You hit the nail on the head. I'm born & raised in America, but my passion for the Azzurri was passed on to me from my father & grandfather. My passion for soccer, period, comes down from my Italian heritage & the generations before me.

Rossi just followed his heart, and it belongs to gli azzurri.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002

excellent post, and I agree 100%:pint:

and I wont forget the antennas on the houses in my neighborhood that picked up the Italian channel from Toronto in order to watch Serie A on sunday mornings

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    You hit the nail on the head. I'm born & raised in America, but my passion for the Azzurri was passed on to me from my father & grandfather. My passion for soccer, period, comes down from my Italian heritage & the generations before me.

Rossi just followed his heart, and it belongs to gli azzurri.
    agreed

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Heck, if I had the choice I would play for Italy too :D

I been watching Serie A since I was 6 and I don't think I've ever watched a full match from the Allsvenskan.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    its not as bad as in Scotland, we finally produce a decent player james mccarthy, who is wanted by europes top teams and he chooses to play for Ireland. He is born in Scotland and lived their his whole life and his parents are the same. But his grandfather is irish so he chooses them. same situation for another player, celtic's McGeady!
    it really annoys me this sort of thing, especially when Scotland are a better team than ireland recently.

I think Rossi's situation isnt as bad, his parents are italian and has spent years training in Italy!

May 4, 2004
    I don't agree with that mentality. For example, I'm originally Iranian, but I have never actually lived there before, only been there for a short term holidays (1-3months max). The last time I visited my country was like more than 8 years ago. I still consider myself Iranian no matter what... Be it 8 years or 18 years, it doesn't make a difference.
    I feel Ya..

What are you talking about? Rossi is not "originally Italian." He's originally from Jersey, born and raised. Camoranesi, on the other hand, has Italian ancestry as well. :shifty:
    He is still Italian!! Dosent matter where he was born and raised..

Hmm, okay. I'm gonna name my son Kim Donk Seoul and let him play for the Korean National Team just because I gave him a suitable name that sounds Korean. Nice logic. :rolleyes:
    lol its not about the name.. its about the BLOOD! his mom and dad!!

andy, you're probably born and raised in america so i don't think you understand how it feels to be a stranger in ones country, it takes more than a few generations to be fully accepted by that country to be called a true american, italian or whichever, take my word on that, roots don't go away so easily. you gotta understand rossi's decision.
    I can only speak for myself, but imo people get more patriotic (or how u say it) if they live in a stranger country.. I live in Denmark but i feel more Kosovar(Albanian) then the people that live in Kosova... Strange but TRUE!

Nice post!!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Here's the deal.

If this "overrated, second coming of Zlatan douchebag" decided to play for the United States, this wouldn't even be an issue for some

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005

You said it, :pint:

kongen73

Jun 5, 2009
    His name no longer dominates as it once the news of the market accomplice a bad start for Villarreal in the league. The return of the attacker in Italy Giuseppe Rossi (23), however, could return current in a few months, as confirmed in our microphones the player's agent blue, Andrea Pastorello: "Juventus this summer after no longer looking for. I personally believe that in January will stay at Villarreal, there have been considerable demand from Rubin Kazan, and now, with the arrival of Spalletti, also from the zenith, but we continue to refuse. The player prefers the classics and European championships in June would return to Italy. "

Maybe new juve-material??

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Dusan...:touched:

Mod of the year anyone? dusan quickly making his way up the charts with his work in this thread:snoop:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)