Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I really hope those rumours of him coming back to us are true. I doubt it though. But all I know is with him running the show, we would NOT be in the situation we are currently in. He wouldn’t have let our midfield and fullback positions degrade to level they’re at now. Squad management was his forte.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
7 straight scudetti, 4 straight domestic doubles, 2 CL finals and a CL top contender each of the 4 years Marotta-Allegri duo was here.

But it’s all his fault that Paratici has literally fucked squad balance in the ass since taking over. We are losing the league, on the verge of two straight CL Rof16 exits, and haven’t won Coppa since Beppe left. Tootsie is the greatest!. :baus: :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Magotta wasn't great, far from it, but Tootsie is a vastly inferior douche nozzle. If Marotta was a 7/10, Tootsie doesn't even get a passing grade.
:disagree:
Oh please. Marotta was 10/10 prior to the last year or two, given our budget constraints and starting place. He turned post-calciopoli, twice 7th place Juve into 9 straight scudetti, 4 straight domestic double, and two CL finals. Made us into a domestic superpower and top European team again.

You could knock him down to 9/10 based on the last year or two, but it’s absurd to suggest 7/10. If he wasn’t great and is a 7/10. Going by your standards Dybala is a 3/10 flop.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
And why wasn’t Marotta great? He’s one of the best at his job in Europe.
Let's agree to disagree. You think he's great, but I think he was very good at his job, just not great. He made some questionable choices/decisions, and while no one is perfect, the constant chopping and churning, coupled with the weakening of one area to strengthen another and "the player can leave if they want" policy all lead me to think he's very good at squad building, but not good enough to build a CL winning squad, which is ultimately what you should be judged on as a SD @ Juventus.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please. Marotta was 10/10 prior to the last year or two, given our budget constraints and starting place. He turned post-calciopoli, twice 7th place Juve into 9 straight scudetti, 4 straight domestic double, and two CL finals. Made us into a domestic superpower and top European team again.

You could knock him down to 9/10 based on the last year or two, but it’s absurd to suggest 7/10. If he wasn’t great and is a 7/10. Going by your standards Dybala is a 3/10 flop.
Why bring Dybala into this? You're so petulant sometimes. I never said he wasn't good, very good in fact. I just don't agree that he was great. I never give 10/10, so my 7 is closer to an 8 if that appeases you :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

let's not forget that the quality of the squad started to degrade already under marotta, selling vidal was criminal, not replacing him properly was even more criminal, splashing the pogba money (and some) on higuain was a short sighted decision, our wage bill got out of hand before ronaldo arrived, etc. i liked beppe, he's certainly a top administrator and a top squad builder on a budget, but he made plenty of mistakes.

in hindsight, keeping him would have been the right decision: inda would never have neither conte nor this squad without beppe. but beppe got plenty of warranted criticism when he was here.

i'd leave folks with the liberty of picking their subjective evaluation. 7/10 is still a good grade, and for me, 9/10 is a bit too much considering the fuckups he made. either way, tici isn't up for the task: the midfield is more unbalanced than ever, the wage bill is clearly unsustainable (even without covid), those two things alone would warrant a sack.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Let's agree to disagree. You think he's great, but I think he was very good at his job, just not great. He made some questionable choices/decisions, and while no one is perfect, the constant chopping and churning, coupled with the weakening of one area to strengthen another and "the player can leave if they want" policy all lead me to think he's very good at squad building, but not good enough to build a CL winning squad, which is ultimately what you should be judged on as a SD @ Juventus.

- - - Updated - - -

Why bring Dybala into this? You're so petulant sometimes. I never said he wasn't good, very good in fact. I just don't agree that he was great. I never give 10/10, so my 7 is closer to an 8 if that appeases you :D
You calling out petulance is rather ironic.

Why wouldn’t I bring Dybala into this? He has 5 goals - 0 assists in 17 Champion’s League KO matches and you worship him. That’s kind of pathetic. :boh:

So if Beppe isn’t good enough to build a CL winning squad (nonsense imo given that his 14-15 team could easily have won that match with a bounce or two going their way instead of Barca’s), Dybala absolutely isn’t good enough to be leading a CL winning attack and you should be championing his immediate sale and disparaging his mostly poor performances on the biggest stage which is ultimately what Juventus players should be judged on. :lol3:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
let's not forget that the quality of the squad started to degrade already under marotta, selling vidal was criminal, not replacing him properly was even more criminal, splashing the pogba money (and some) on higuain was a short sighted decision, our wage bill got out of hand before ronaldo arrived, etc. i liked beppe, he's certainly a top administrator and a top squad builder on a budget, but he made plenty of mistakes.
Not replacing Vidal was criminal. Selling him was a certainty, considering his off the pitch behaviour. That was never going to be accepted at Juve.

Higuain was an absolutely terrible transfer though. I'll never understood what happened there, as that was such an unusual transfer for us. The complete opposite actually. (Personally, I don't think that was a Marotta deal at all, but that's just a gut feeling.)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You calling out petulance is rather ironic.

Why wouldn’t I bring Dybala into this? He has 5 goals - 0 assists in 17 Champion’s League KO matches and you worship him. That’s kind of pathetic. :boh:

So if Beppe isn’t good enough to build a CL winning squad (nonsense imo given that his 14-15 team could easily have won that match with a bounce or two going their way instead of Barca’s), Dybala absolutely isn’t good enough to be leading a CL winning attack and you should be championing his immediate sale and disparaging his mostly poor performances on the biggest stage which is ultimately what Juventus players should be judged on. :lol3:
Again, no point in bringing Dybala into a discussion about Magotta. Yes, Dybala has been incredibly underwhelming, and that 2015 team would've probably won the CL in any other year. We were unfortunate to run into an incredibly dominant Barca side with that ridiculous front trio (MSN), and their midfield unit of Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Again, no point in bringing Dybala into a discussion about Magotta. Yes, Dybala has been incredibly underwhelming, and that 2015 team would've probably won the CL in any other year. We were unfortunate to run into an incredibly dominant Barca side with that ridiculous front trio (MSN), and their midfield unit of Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta.
Glad you on the sell Dybala bandwagon now. :weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)