venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
For our midfield? Since we sold Vidal in 2015 and Pogba in 2016, these have been our midfield signings:

Khedira :sami:
Pjanic :mira:
Bentancur :benta:
Matuidi :blaise:
Pereyra :jack:
Can :beppe2:
Lemina :euromax:
Rabiot :rabiot:
Ramsey :bigram:
Hernanes :nanes: :yuck: :inter:
Rincon :beppe:
Mandragora :lion:

That's more miss than hit if you ask me.
Couldnt agree more. The only midfield that we signed after vidal thats close to world class level is pjanic, but even pjanic is only world class for few games every season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
For our midfield? Since we sold Vidal in 2015 and Pogba in 2016, these have been our midfield signings:

Khedira :sami:
Pjanic :mira:
Bentancur :benta:
Matuidi :blaise:
Pereyra :jack:
Can :beppe2:
Lemina :euromax:
Rabiot :rabiot:
Ramsey :bigram:
Hernanes :nanes: :yuck: :inter:
Rincon :beppe:
Mandragora :lion:

That's more miss than hit if you ask me.
How much did all of them cost combined?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It doesn't seem like a lot when you only look at the transfer fees (but none of those players are world beaters or consistently world class), but with wages and perpetual contracts, it starts to add up.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Never a big fan of Marotta but we kinda humiliated the guy by basically firing him and make his apprentice the boss.

The resentment is understandable.
he humiliated the club with signings like bendtner and anelka, and all this quality over quantity shit he kept talking about and yet he signed the likes of hernanes and rincon to replace vidal and pirlo. If given the chance he would take 3 bonaventura's over 1 ronaldo.

that fucking contract extension for khedira. Flogged Vidal for peanuts. Yeah he got what he deserved i'd say

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
I was referring to his comments which we shouldn’t overanalyze. The guy is bitter and hurt that we released him, so him throwing jabs at us is just human.

In terms of his work here, I agree he did make some weird signings and probably wasn’t the guy to take us to that Real, Barca level we’re aiming for.

I always thought Conte was way more important than Beppe. Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Marchisio, Caceres etc where all part of the Del Neri fiasco. Conte transformed those players.

BUT Marotta made the decision to bring Conte and Pirlo who in my eyes created this dynasty. For that we should be thankful.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I was referring to his comments which we shouldn’t overanalyze. The guy is bitter and hurt that we released him, so him throwing jabs at us is just human.

In terms of his work here, I agree he did make some weird signings and probably wasn’t the guy to take us to that Real, Barca level we’re aiming for.

I always thought Conte was way more important than Beppe. Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Marchisio, Caceres etc where all part of the Del Neri fiasco. Conte transformed those players.

BUT Marotta made the decision to bring Conte and Pirlo who in my eyes created this dynasty. For that we should be thankful.
If Im not mistaken AA was the one who called the shot on Conte after marotta fucked up wanting delneri.

Anyhow marotta can be as bitter as he likes. As Nedved said soon after his departure "He was never a Juventino"

and yet here he is declaring himself a interista instead, he's only proven Nedved right regardless of the manner he left the club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)