May 23, 2013
That's ridiculous man. Some players need time to gel/get used to a new team and new tactics. Pjanic had a brilliant first season full of assists and free kick screamers, Higuain became a record goal-scorer in his first season here FFS. No idea where this narrative of "These players didn't fit in the team" came from. Those two, along with Dani Alves, all made significant contributions to a near treble winning season.
Pjanic did have a brilliant season. However his brilliant performances came after we moved away from 352. The team's performances were far poorer last season in 352 than the season prior and I think that has allot to do with losing Pogba.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
There is no doubt that some of Marotta's sales have been way below market value.

1. Llorente - Gave him away, 2 years later he's sold for 12m at the age of 32.
2. Alves - Gave him away when he was in high demand.
3. Giovinco - Gave him away. So he wasn't the new Del Piero, but he wasn't worth 0 at 27 or 28.
4. Vidal - Sold him for less than 40 when he was 28. He had 2 not very impressive seasons and reports say that both Milan and Inter offered more than 50 or 60m at the age of 30.
5. Tevez - Sold him for practically 0, 1.5 years later Boca sold him for 10m.
6. Berardi - At the time we thought the deal made sense because of the buyback option but now it's obvious we got screwed over on this one.
7. Coman - I actually praised the deal because I this headless chicken is overrated but there's no doubt he's already worth a lot more than the 28m we got for him.
8. Bonucci - Rejected 50m only to sell him for 42m the next year to a direct rival.

If he put some more effort in getting us better deals when he sells he wouldn't have to haggle over peanuts every time we buy.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
No they don't, that's BS and you know it.

There is no way this sentence would been uttered when we had Bonbon. He is at the minimum a top 3 CB, while Höwedes hardly even been a top player in his career.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Yep - revisionism is fine but we are entering the realms of holocaust denial.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
That's an unfair battle. Higuain might be a choker and not as clinical in Europe as he's in Serie, but he's a WC player. De Shitlio isn't even in the same stratosphere as Higuain, footballing wise that is.
I completely agree. Higuain is a worldclass player but Juve fans always find a way to talk shit about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The Hust is pulling some Zach level revisionism here. Will the team be better with real wingers? Probably. Will we suffer playing the ball out from the back? Surely we will. We'll see Pjanic drop back a lot more to help out. Unless Rugani suddenly develops into a passing maestro, we all know what else is going to happen. Chiellini with the ball at his feet :tuttosport: (Or maybe finally Hust gets his wish and we switch to 4-3-3, which works for the midfield, but doesn't for the dozen attackers we have at our disposal.)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
There is no doubt that some of Marotta's sales have been way below market value.

1. Llorente - Gave him away, 2 years later he's sold for 12m at the age of 32.
2. Alves - Gave him away when he was in high demand.
3. Giovinco - Gave him away. So he wasn't the new Del Piero, but he wasn't worth 0 at 27 or 28.
4. Vidal - Sold him for less than 40 when he was 28. He had 2 not very impressive seasons and reports say that both Milan and Inter offered more than 50 or 60m at the age of 30.
5. Tevez - Sold him for practically 0, 1.5 years later Boca sold him for 10m.
6. Berardi - At the time we thought the deal made sense because of the buyback option but now it's obvious we got screwed over on this one.
7. Coman - I actually praised the deal because I this headless chicken is overrated but there's no doubt he's already worth a lot more than the 28m we got for him.
8. Bonucci - Rejected 50m only to sell him for 42m the next year to a direct rival.

If he put some more effort in getting us better deals when he sells he wouldn't have to haggle over peanuts every time we buy.
Well, those things are why i dont consider us a selling tam

Most of those players on the list had a higher proposal than what we in the end sold them for. We didnt care. We sold them when we wanted too, and the price was always lower but we didnt care

Especially with Vidal and Bonucci. And we wanted to remove Alves so badly, we just tore his contract, instead of holding out.

I will say this. Boca abused us. good for them.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The criticizers seem to forget that we have changed formation this year and this was not Marotta's choice.
This change greatly affects our needs. Esp considering the 2 troublemakers Dalves and Bonucci. Dalves was used as a wing back in a 3-5-2, a formation consisted of 3 CBs and a second line of CMs ahead of them to support them, so the wingbacks role in this formation was to support the two forwards, playing exactly at Dalves strengths.
Now, in the 4-2-3-1 the wingbacks are an integrated part of the defense, their primary role is to defend, smth Dalves is not particularly fond of...
Skinny legs, a vastly overrated player, in this forum, was not quite appreciated by many coaches, other than Conte and Pep and since his lousy character dared to exclude EPL as a destination and we were foolish to respect the will of a troublemaker, Milan was our best option, as they were the big spenders of this summer, in Italy.
Skinny legs, essentially a tall, weak and slow CM is only helpful in a crowded defense, with capable defenders around him, to do the defending, so he can do the passing, other CMs, who play as CBs, like De Rossi and Mascherano seem to have developed better defending skills than him.
in a 4 man defense, it is essential from the CB to know how to defend like a man and less important how to pass, so again Bonucci would be a liability, like he was always been when he was forced to defend!

De Sciglio is indeed a kak player, an abomination that should never wear our jersey, but that was Allegri's mistake too.
Max has lived in the shadows of Conte long enough, he is desperate to change the formation, risking everything in our squad.
To change this formation, we wanted 2 very important transfers, two capable wingers and Beppe delivered!
The formation is not working as intended and after the first friendlies it became obvious that a capable DM and RB, (maybe a CB too, in case we revert to 3-4-3) were also needed and Beppe delivered again.
The players we got are good enough to support our starters and eventually become starters themselves.
Now it's up to Max to integrate them and get the better from them, also to make the necessary calibrations to fine tune the little details that need to be fixed, the material is there. Marotta has delivered what we needed!

Yet indeed, his selling and loaning lefts a lot to be desired...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The criticizers seem to forget that we have changed formation this year and this was not Marotta's choice.
This change greatly affects our needs. Esp considering the 2 troublemakers Dalves and Bonucci. Dalves was used as a wing back in a 3-5-2, a formation consisted of 3 CBs and a second line of CMs ahead of them to support, so the wingbacks role in this formation was to support the two forwards, playing exactly at Dalves strengths. Now, in the 4-2-3-1 the wingbacks are an integrated part of the defense, their primary role is to defend smth Dalves is not particularly fond of...
Skinny legs, a vastly overrated player was not quite appreciated by many coaches, other than Conte and Bep and since his lousy character dared to exclude EPL as a destination and we were foolish to respect the will of a troublemaker Milan was our best option, as they were the big spenders of this summer. Skinny legs, essential a tall, weak and slow CM is only helpful in a crowded defense, with capable defenders around him, so he can do the passing, other CMs, who play as CBs, like De Rossi and Mascherano seem to have developed better defending skills than him, in a 4 man defense, it is essential from the CB to know how to defend like a man and less important how to pass, so again Bonucci would be a liability, like he was always been when he was forced to defend!

De Sciglio is indeed a kak player, an abomination that should never wear our jersey, but that was Allegri's mistake too.
Max has lived in the shadows of Conte long enough, he is desperate to change the formation, risking everything in our squad.
To change this formation, we wanted 2 very important transfers, two capable wingers and Beppe delivered!
The formation is not working as intended and after the first friendlies it became obvious that a capable DM and RB, (maybe a CB too, in case we revert to 3-4-3) were also needed and Beppe delivered again.
The players we got are got enough to support our starters and eventually become starters themselves.
Now it's up to Max to integrate them and get the better from them, also to make the necessary calibrations to fine tune the little details that need to be fixed, the material is there. Marotta has delivered what we needed!

Yet indeed, his selling and loaning lefts a lot to be desired...
The Docter has spoken. Good read tbh

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Well, those things are why i dont consider us a selling tam

Most of those players on the list had a higher proposal than what we in the end sold them for. We didnt care. We sold them when we wanted too, and the price was always lower but we didnt care

Especially with Vidal and Bonucci. And we wanted to remove Alves so badly, we just tore his contract, instead of holding out.

I will say this. Boca abused us. good for them.
I agree but I never said we were a selling team. I have two complaints:

1. We lose value more often than not when we sell. That's bad when you work with a limited budget like Marotta. We are not PSG or Man City.
2. Sell if he asks to leave is shit policy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)