Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
=ALC;5580019]If I was a pro, I honestly don't think I'd wanna play for Juve. Torino seems like a boring city. I'm going with Barca, Real, PSG, Monaco, or best of all someplace with very nice beaches. Plus, I'd probably play for the team that offered the most money and Juve just doesn't match some of the big guys in that regard.
It would be like an episode of "Ballers".

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
If I was a pro, I honestly don't think I'd wanna play for Juve. Torino seems like a boring city. I'm going with Barca, Real, PSG, Monaco, or best of all someplace with very nice beaches. Plus, I'd probably play for the team that offered the most money and Juve just doesn't match some of the big guys in that regard.
Players, like people, are different. Many are of the strong, silent type.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I am generally a fan of Marotta but he obviously has 1 glaring weakness.

Although I agree in principal that the club should not keep players who do not want to be here, the problem is it becomes a huge problem if you take that too literally - which I think he does. Take Bonucci as an example. All of the players tell the media that it all happened very quickly. In other words, Bonucci must of told management with relatively short notice that he wanted to go to Milan. This is not acceptable particularly since he only signed a new contract earlier in the year!

I am sorry, but if a player signs a new contract less than 12 months ago, the player has no right to ask for a transfer and expect us to accept the first bidder. This has to be known to all of the players.

If I was Marotta, I would say something like: "In principal we don't like to keep players who don't want to be here. However, the players also need to understand that the club and the player have a contractual commitment - so should a player express a desire to leave, we may try to accommodate this within the confines of both sporting and financial requirements and within a reasonable period of time so that the club can adequately arrange a replacement".

Given that Dybala signed a contract extension less than 4-5 months ago, he should not expect us to grant any sudden desire he has to leave for another club. If he expresses such a desire, then we should either open up to the idea of sale so long as the amount is far in excess of his true market value, or give us suitable time (i.e next summer) to make arrangements for his eventual departure and suitable replacement.

Makes sense no? I think if all players understood this going in, there should be no complaints.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

Although I agree in principal that the club should not keep players who do not want to be here, the problem is it becomes a huge problem if you take that too literally - which I think he does. Take Bonucci as an example. All of the players tell the media that it all happened very quickly. In other words, Bonucci must of told management with relatively short notice that he wanted to go to Milan. This is not acceptable particularly since he only signed a new contract earlier in the year!

I am sorry, but if a player signs a new contract less than 12 months ago, the player has no right to ask for a transfer and expect us to accept the first bidder. This has to be known to all of the players.

If I was Marotta, I would say something like: "In principal we don't like to keep players who don't want to be here. However, the players also need to understand that the club and the player have a contractual commitment - so should a player express a desire to leave, we may try to accommodate this within the confines of both sporting and financial requirements and within a reasonable period of time so that the club can adequately arrange a replacement".

Given that Dybala signed a contract extension less than 4-5 months ago, he should not expect us to grant any sudden desire he has to leave for another club. If he expresses such a desire, then we should either open up to the idea of sale so long as the amount is far in excess of his true market value, or give us suitable time (i.e next summer) to make arrangements for his eventual departure and suitable replacement.

Makes sense no? I think if all players understood this going in, there should be no complaints.
If I were Marotta I would say that our key players are not for sale at any price, even if they are. You don't publicly advertise that you have a loose sphincter.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

If I were Marotta I would say that our key players are not for sale at any price, even if they are. You don't publicly advertise that you have a loose sphincter.
Yeah, its his inner Sampdoria.

Sayings like that belong to clubs like that. You dont see Bayern or Real/Barca directors come out with such sayings.

Long term to be a real force in europe, he needs to stop this policy. What happens when the chinese, i mean ac milan catch up with their funds? They might even overcome us cause they have unlimited funds while we sell our starters every summer.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The way I see it with these annoying Marotta "unless he wants to leave" comments is that Beppe sees 222m out there in the market and he wants a big portion of it.

I love what Marotta did for this club but he's just a CEO who wants to show the chairman and his board of directors the profits he made.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
The way I see it with these annoying Marotta "unless he wants to leave" comments is that Beppe sees 222m out there in the market and he wants a big portion of it.

I love what Marotta did for this club but he's just a CEO who wants to show the chairman and his board of directors the profits he made.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Schick right now is a waste of money that could be spent elsewhere. Get a top cm and whatever we can find as RB, use Kean as vice Higuain/Mandzukic when played CF.
Sell Cuads, buy Schick.

- - - Updated - - -

We are getting Pjaca back in a couple months and he can't be worse than Cuads

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Sell Cuads, buy Schick.

- - - Updated - - -

We are getting Pjaca back in a couple months and he can't be worse than Cuads
So Cuadrado, Pjaca, Costa and Bernadeschi... 4 wingers, well, 5 with the big Croatian. Then Higuain, Mandzukic and Kean as CFs. Why do we need Schick? And I certainly wouldn't sell Cuadrado at this point.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So Cuadrado, Pjaca, Costa and Bernadeschi... 4 wingers, well, 5 with the big Croatian. Then Higuain, Mandzukic and Kean as CFs. Why do we need Schick? And I certainly wouldn't sell Cuadrado at this point.
I don't know. I'm sorta drunk but know this...he is better than Keita but everyone wants the Twitter Queen here

- - - Updated - - -

And schick is one for the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)