Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Speculations and market philosophy shenanigans aside they have factually beaten us last season, didn't disintegrate against Real this season and they are the only club we havent beaten in what, 10 years?

Honestly I have an easier time arguing we are better than Barca
If it helps anything, we haven't beatn Lech Poznan either in the last decade, despite meeting them twice.

Also, stop praising Bayern ffs

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
If it helps anything, we haven't beatn Lech Poznan either in the last decade, despite meeting them twice.

Also, stop praising Bayern ffs
Shut up, I hate Bayern as much as you commies hate full supermarket shelves and available toilet paper but I disagree that we are better than them right now. Lech Poznan? Let's put it this way: We have defeated teams that defeated teams that defeated Poznan.

Apr 19, 2007
So they are better because they won in overtime? Yes 5 years ago They were the best team in the world and clearly better than us but in the last 4 years that doesnt really hold up. We have knocked off Barca last year and Madrid 3 years ago and were a minute short in Munich. I just dont see what makes us some 3rd tier team just because we havnt beaten them head to head in the last 4 years

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
So they are better because they won in overtime? Yes 5 years ago They were the best team in the world and clearly better than us but in the last 4 years that doesnt really hold up. We have knocked off Barca last year and Madrid 3 years ago and were a minute short in Munich. I just dont see what makes us some 3rd tier team just because we havnt beaten them head to head in the last 4 years
We aren't a third rate team, when did I say such things? We are between second tier teams and Real, Bayern and Barca - closest to Barca

Apr 19, 2007
I guess thats where we differ. You think a team that hasnt won it ib 6 years is in the same tier as Madrid and Barca which im not so sure about. I dont think we are either but they are in a different league which starts with transfers that quite honestly Bayern or us cant match so we are more strategic and build a team

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We aren't a third rate team, when did I say such things? We are between second tier teams and Real, Bayern and Barca - closest to Barca
:tup:

Bayern and Barca are interchangeable for me over the last 5-6 years. Madrid a bit ahead due to multiple CL titles.

We're a slight bit below that tier still, maybe going by the past 3 years only, we could be on that Bayern-Barca level, but 3 years is too short to judge if we have staying power and can actually win a CL in the next couple years. A CL title before 2020 places us firmly in the top tier of the decade.

Sadly, we know how our story always ends in the CL.

Mar 30, 2006
I think we are on par with Barca and Munich at this point. If anything Munich willl see a big decline once Robben and Ribery are finished. They are 33 and 34 respectively. James was a good signing but he wont be able to do what Robben does for them in terms of one on ones. It was a mistake to sell Douglas Costa

I think Chelsea is a bit behind us along with United. We get better every year. I was proud to see when we were playing bad against Barca how we brought Higuain, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Cuadrado and Alex Sandro on at the same time.. Those are elite players and we were playing good with them in the last 30 min

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
if we talk about top teams in the last 5 years top1 is clearly Real, followed by Bayern and Barca, our 2 finals count little when measured up against the dominating style in which each of these teams cruised to a CL title in those 5 years, we probably come in 4th with our league dominance

if we talk about top teams right now, as in potential CL winners next season, I'd say Real>Bayern>=Juve>Barca. Whether Barca keep Neymar or not, much more important elements to their team like Iniesta and Mascherano are going downhill fast, also their goalkeeper is a disaster. Bayern are declining as well, but when I think who could challenge Real next year, they are the team that comes to my mind not Juve, so I put them slightly above us

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
if we talk about top teams in the last 5 years top1 is clearly Real, followed by Bayern and Barca, our 2 finals count little when measured up against the dominating style in which each of these teams cruised to a CL title in those 5 years, we probably come in 4th with our league dominance

if we talk about top teams as in potential CL winners next season, I'd say Real>Bayern>=Juve>Barca. Whether Barca keep Neymar or not, much more important elements to their team like Iniesta and Mascherano are going downhill fast and their goalkeeper is a disaster.
And if we talk about top teams in the last 4 years, we are more successful than Bayern.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
In terms of quality right now I would say its:
Real
Juve
Bayern
Chelsea
Barca

In terms achievements over the last 5 years
Real
---------------
Juventus, Bayern, Barca
---------------
Atletico
How can we be behind Juventus if you talk about the last 5 years? In 2012 we reached the final, 2013 won a treble, 2014 SF, 2015 SF, 2016 SF, 2017 QF.

Also have in mind that Juventus didnt go far in the CL in 2012 and 2014 where we played in a final and SF. Not saying this to be arrogant or talk Juventus' achivements down, but if you compare the last 5 years its Real and Bayern, then Barca and Juventus.

If you talk the last 3 years (2015-2017), its Real Madrid, Juventus and Barcelona/Bayern Munich

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
we just have different standards I guess. you think losing a final is a success, I think there is just one winner. I don't consider Roma or Napoli succesful
Winning a final is a success. But losing in the final is better than losing in the semi-final or losing in the group stage. Finishing second in the league is better than finishing 12th.In the last 4 years only 2 teams have won the Champions League, so by your logic everyone else is a failure and equally so. And Napoli and Roma have obviously been more successful than Inter in the last 4 years.

You are pretending like you have this super winner mentality, you only care about the title and everyone who says that reaching the final means something is a loser. In reality you have the loser mentality. Talking all the time how we far we are from the best and how we can't win the CL.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Winning a final is a success. But losing in the final is better than losing in the semi-final or losing in the group stage. Finishing second in the league is better than finishing 12th.In the last 4 years only 2 teams have won the Champions League, so by your logic everyone else is a failure and equally so. And Napoli and Roma have obviously been more successful than Inter in the last 4 years.

You are pretending like you have this super winner mentality, you only care about the title and everyone who says that reaching the final means something is a loser. In reality you have the loser mentality. Talking all the time how we far we are from the best and how we can't win the CL.
maybe it's just the language barrier, I dunno, I think we might agree in general, we just call things different. if your goal is to win the whole thing, success is 1st place. if you end up 2nd good for you, but don't call that a success, because ultimately you didn't achieve your goal.

we had a very good season, but we did not achieve our goal in Europe, whether the team that was stronger than us came at the quarters, semi's or final doesn't matter much to me, because it's all down to an old man picking this or that ball out of the bowl.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
On one side we have the whole "vincere non è importante" thing, and then on the other there is rubbishing the achievements of players and staff to work an angle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)